Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kill Yr Idols reissue? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=73361)

TheDom 02.20.2012 07:56 PM

Kill Yr Idols reissue?

I was at the record store today & they had a bunch of copies of Kill Yr Idols, but with a white cover, that were brand new. Didn't remember hearing anything about it. Can someone lead me in the right direction? cheeeeers

EVOLghost 02.20.2012 08:37 PM

Uhhh.....mmm......post pics?

Mortte Jousimo 02.21.2012 04:17 AM

White cover? Not going to have it.

Mortte Jousimo 02.21.2012 05:41 AM

Bootleg?

TheDom 02.21.2012 03:55 PM

I have no clue what it is... that's why I asked...

Severian 02.21.2012 05:47 PM

Probably not a boot if there was a bunch of copies. I don't know why we'd need such a thing as a KYI reissue, but I will look into it.

Mortte Jousimo 02.22.2012 02:33 AM

If there will come re-issue that is quite identical to the original, I will buy it!

hirsute_biped 02.22.2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Probably not a boot if there was a bunch of copies. I don't know why we'd need such a thing as a KYI reissue, but I will look into it.

because the original is rare/expensive and has four tracks not otherwise available on vinyl format.

Lazewski 02.22.2012 03:21 PM

Weird. I never heard about this. I thought that's why they released Confusion Is Sex and put the Kill Yr Idols material on it?

Chris Lawrence 02.23.2012 03:47 AM

are we sure TheDom meant 12" vinyl ?

i'll bet it's a pirate. my local shop has/had two sealed copies of neil young's "EL DORADO" EP, which was a super limited japanese/australian tour EP from '89, similar to HORMOANING or WHORES MOANING if you will...there's no likely reason two shrinkwrapped copies would suddenly surface on an entirely different continent two decades later...

i say has/had because i bought one...too sweet to pass up...the best part? it's not even fucking round.

ANYWAY...this could be some weird new pirate, TheDom could be confusing vivid dream with harsh reality, SY or other official sources could have legitimately re-released it with no fanfare...

oh, i also wanted to make sure we're not talking about the (OVER)KILL YR IDOLS 7"...heh

TheDom 02.23.2012 05:02 AM

It is definitely a 12" with all of the Kill Yr Idols tracks on it. I put a ? in the title because I have no clue what it is or where it came from & I have been out of the loop & was looking for any info I could find. It was way too expensive for me to buy just to check out, so hopes for that are gone. I was just trying to figure out where the fuck it came from & if any one else had seen it.

Mortte Jousimo 02.25.2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
because the original is rare/expensive and has four tracks not otherwise available on vinyl format.

Brother James is also in Death Valley 12". I think itīs the same version, so there are three songs that are not in any other vinyl. But enough reason to me to want it, thereīs also very great cover in the original version. There are many Sonic-single songs which I donīt prefer, to me only Flower/Halloween, Brother James, Destroyed Room and Genetic are essential. But Kill Yr Idols and Early American are very very essential Sonic songs!

hirsute_biped 02.25.2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Brother James is also in Death Valley 12". I think itīs the same version, so there are three songs that are not in any other vinyl. But enough reason to me to want it, thereīs also very great cover in the original version. There are many Sonic-single songs which I donīt prefer, to me only Flower/Halloween, Brother James, Destroyed Room and Genetic are essential. But Kill Yr Idols and Early American are very very essential Sonic songs!

you are of course correct

Severian 02.27.2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped

Isn't that why DGC reissued it?

I've been sniffing around, but have heard nothing about a 2012 kyi reissue. Again, I do not see the point exactly. I suppose reissuing the german vinyl in the US would have some value for collectors, but not much.

Severian 02.27.2012 04:01 PM

Post pics of the cover and tracklist. There's no word about this anywhere. Ask google about it and the first thing it brings up is this thread. Ha!

But seriously, post some pics (cover and tracklist). Or give the name of the record store.

krischanski 02.27.2012 04:37 PM

How much was it? Could you buy one for me?

stu666 05.27.2012 11:46 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-Youth-...-/230797427942

CHOUT 05.31.2012 12:35 AM

Shit that looks cool, now I will have 3 copies...

EVOLghost 05.31.2012 03:25 AM

Hmmmmm/....I could use a copy ;p

E. Noisefield 05.31.2012 08:37 PM

Every time I think I'm done buying copies of this or that SY album, something like this comes out and fucks all my shit up. Arrg!

Yeah, I'll take one. Where other than ebay can you buy this item? Love the cover!