Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Non-Sonic Youth Thread : Sonic Youth thread ratio. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=350)

top 40 squeeze 03.27.2006 04:00 PM

Non-Sonic Youth Thread : Sonic Youth thread ratio.

Ah, the thing that was complained about so heavily on the last board. The number of non-sonic youth posts on the forum as compared to sonic youth related posts. However, this forum lets us see the number. And right now its at just a little higher than 2:1 non-sonic to sonic threads. Not that bad really. People can only come up to think of two times as many things that aren't sonic youth than things that are sonic youth to talk about. Pretty cool. I also think that the new board, itself probably reinvigorated Sonic Youth discussion and the New album reinvigorated Sonic Youth discussion. Nice to see so much talk about Sonic Youth on this board, which was why i never really posted on the old one. I think Chabib did a stand-up job.

Oh yeah, keep rocking...

edit: haha and don't tell me this doesn't belong in this section... i believe the concept of the Sonic Youth message board is less than one degree separated from Sonic Youth.

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 04:20 PM

It's a perfectly acceptable situation I think. I'd personally feel a bit freaked out if the only thing people did here was discuss one band's music - my reason for joining (like most) was to just meet other SY fans, not just talk about SY themselves, although the figures also show that they are by far and away the biggest single topic, as they should be.

On my time here I've learned a lot more about Sonic Youth, and heard other's opinions too, which is great. I've also, as a direct result of this board, got into more good music than I would have, especially as most of it is either very hard to buy or not even released.

The chat about everything and anything is what brings people back here every day - if it was always nothing but 'what's the best track on Murray Street' etc, then we'd all log in a lot less, I think. I love all the political, moral and religious debates. And just talking about, and making fun of, the things I do with my real-life friends too. It's fun and it's cool.

RdTv 03.27.2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
It's a perfectly acceptable situation I think. I'd personally feel a bit freaked out if the only people did here was discuss one band's music - my reason for joining (like most) was to just meet other SY fans, not just talk about SY themselves, although the figures also show that they are by far and away the biggest single topic, as they should be.

On my time here I've learned a lot more about Sonic Youth, and heard other's opinions too, which is great. I've also, as a direct result of this board, got into more good music than I would have, especially as most of it is either very hard to buy or not even released.

The chat about everything and anything is what brings people back here every day - if it was always nothing but 'what's the best track on Murray Street' etc, then we'd all log in a lot less, I think. I love all the political, moral and religious debates. And just talking about, and making fun of, the things I do with my real-life friends too. It's fun and it's cool.

amen Hip Priest! Granted I love talking about SY just as much as the next guy, but I also like to observe other peoples discussions be it politcs, religion, music, books, or just random creative junk. This board has made me want to post a lot more and be involved to a greater degree. Perhaps its the division of topics, perhaps its the new look and new faces (avatars, profiles, signatures) that make this new thread a seemingly cooler experience than normal. If I had to stop logging in for whatever reason I would be greatful to the board(old and new) for several reasons, quality new music I was turned on to and meeting people that shared a lot of the same views as I do about SY and music in general.