Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SYG Artists Compilation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=42858)

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 04:19 PM

SYG Artists Compilation

Anyone up for this? Ideas?

Savage Clone 11.21.2010 04:29 PM

I have a few unused tracks with no home that I could pick from. I'm game.

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 04:30 PM

Yay!

_slavo_ 11.21.2010 04:36 PM

I'm in too. I might record something new for this collection.

finding nobody 11.21.2010 04:59 PM

Hey. I'd like to do one for you as well

Glice 11.21.2010 05:02 PM

This might be ideal for my recent solo 'noise' things (which aren't noisey at all).

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 05:12 PM

Who's willing to supervise the whole thing?

Savage Clone 11.21.2010 05:13 PM

I am no good at supervision, but at least I already have stuff to choose from, so deadlines shouldn't be a problem.

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 05:15 PM

Glice?

jon boy 11.21.2010 05:18 PM

i probably have some stuff that i can contribute.

hevusa 11.21.2010 05:20 PM

I'd throw a track at ya.

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 05:28 PM

The tracks should be in wav format, if possible, and only originals that haven't been online/other formats before. Ideally a physical copy of it would be better than just some downloads, so if any visual artists would like to have a go at designing the cover, packaging etc, let me know.

hevusa 11.21.2010 05:31 PM

I could master the project for you. ;)
Seriously though, I would.

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 05:33 PM

Good man, I wouldn't know where to start.

nicfit 11.21.2010 05:36 PM

me want to give it a try (talkin' bout packaging and shit, dunno, blogspot, wathever...)
find a name.

I had a similar concept in mind for non-music-related "artists" on here (or mudicians who also dwell in visual stuff or writing), a sort of online fanzine with a 2 pages space to be filled by each contributor with wathever he/she wants to put in it...
perhaps it's a good time to bring this up "in public", even if I'm running a bit late with the actual work/layout for it....as somebody here already knows, heh!
secrets secrets secrets

secret messages.

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 05:44 PM

If there's enough group effort in the whole operation, the tracks could have individuals videos made for them (I'm looking in the direction of people like terminal pharmacy, nicfit etc).

Glice 11.21.2010 05:45 PM

I can't devote any time to supervision until the new year, but I'm happy to have a crack then.

I don't think physical formats are immediately necessary. Just a .wav or .aiff should be fine. I'd suggest everyone did their own mastering prior to sending. Whoever ends up compiling it doesn't want to be fucking about with that, especially as they may not have a great deal of sympathy for the sounds therein.

Yeah, let me know if you want more of my AMAZING advice.

nicfit 11.21.2010 05:47 PM

wuw, multimedia project, sounds intiguing.
Then I'd say it could be wise to limit the number of "subscriptions" for the first volume, sounds a bit fascist, but it could help things to get done without dragging too much and procrastinating in limbo (I'm looking at myself in the mirror).

btw, I'm up for some kind of help in some aspects of the project.

Glice 11.21.2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
... sounds a bit fascist...

Yeah, I bet you Italians would love that wouldn't you, eh?

Genteel Death 11.21.2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I can't devote any time to supervision until the new year, but I'm happy to have a crack then.

I don't think physical formats are immediately necessary. Just a .wav or .aiff should be fine. I'd suggest everyone did their own mastering prior to sending. Whoever ends up compiling it doesn't want to be fucking about with that, especially as they may not have a great deal of sympathy for the sounds therein.

Yeah, let me know if you want more of my AMAZING advice.

If the deadline was the end of January, would you be up to co-ordinate it with me? By physical format I
meant a small run of cds or cassettes after everything has been put online. Thank you for your AMAZING advice. Oh and also thank you for putting me in touch with Ed, he sent me a pm on facebook today with a link to the video for YOTL's 'Signal to Earth' that he directed. There's a problem with
a password at the moment, though, so I'll be able to watch it tomorrow. Can't wait.