Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rush Limbaugh says Michael J. Fox is faking it. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7718)

atari 2600 11.03.2006 11:11 AM

Rush Limbaugh says Michael J. Fox is faking it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14pGY1P97L8

By: John Amato on Monday, October 23rd, 2006 at 12:33 PM - PDT

Rush Limbaugh will say anything to attack anyone who challenges George Bush and his policies. This time, his target is Michael J. Fox. Meds are something Rush does have a little experience with.

Emailer Doug: Rush Limbaugh today accused Michael J. Fox, actor and Parkinson's Disease victim, of deliberately going off of his meds to appear on camera with exaggerated symptoms of his disease for dramatic effect. Fox appeared in a recent Clair McHaskill (D-MO) Senate campaign ad, touting the need for stem cell research. Limbaugh even goes so far as to accuse Fox of faking his symptoms all together.
Audio-MP3

"I stated when I saw the ad, I was commenting to you about it, that he was either off the medication or he was acting. He is an actor, after all."

These emails claim Fox has admitted in interviews that he goes off his medication." A tireless search of the Internet produces no such record of any interview, or any statement in which Fox has ever admitted or even suggested that he ever goes off his Parkinson's treatment at all, let alone for the purposes of shaking it up for the television audience.

atari 2600 11.03.2006 11:13 AM

WASHINGTON, Oct. 26, 2006

Rush Limbaugh, right, said he would apologize to actor Michael J. Fox, who suffers from Parkinson\'s disease, if he is wrong in characterizing Fox\'s behavior in a political ad as an act.*(CBS/AP)

CBS/AP) His body visibly wracked by tremors, actor Michael J. Fox appears in a political ad that was the subject of widespread discussion on Monday after conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh claimed Fox was "either off his medication or acting."

On Tuesday while in suburban Chicago campaigning for Democratic candidate for Congress Tammy Duckworth, Fox shot back.

"I'm kind of lucky right now. It's ironic, given some of the things that have been said in the last couple days, that my pills are working really well," Fox said.

A victim of Parkinson's disease, Fox speaks out in the ad for Missouri Democratic Senate candidate Claire McCaskill, who supports embryonic stem cell research.

"I think this is exploitative in a way that's unbecoming of either Claire McCaskill or Michael J. Fox," Limbaugh said on his syndicated show.

Duckworth added of Limbaugh's remarks: "That comment is trying to take away from the real issue at hand."

On his Web site Tuesday, Limbaugh appeared to back away from his accusation.

"All I'm saying is I've never seen him the way he appears in this commercial for Claire McCaskill," says Limbaugh. "So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox, if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act, especially since people are telling me they have seen him this way on other interviews and in other television appearances."

_slavo_ 11.03.2006 11:16 AM

that's gross.

Danny Himself 11.03.2006 11:17 AM

Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.

king_buzzo 11.03.2006 11:19 AM

^ exactly. hes a fucking cunt

ricechex 11.03.2006 11:20 AM

I'm familiar with this news bit and Rush is such a fuckin idiot. What an outrageous thing to say. It was sorta funny to see Rush re-enact the symptoms, but i'm laughing at the man's ignorance and lack of shame. Fox is a cool guy who really handled it well.

fishmonkey 11.03.2006 02:24 PM

wow..

harsh shit right there.

tesla69 11.03.2006 02:27 PM

what else would you expect froma dopefiend who goes to thirld world countries to have sex with children?

Lethrneck4 11.04.2006 06:13 PM

Rush rules just for the mere fact you all hate him so much

breligion 11.04.2006 06:48 PM

and the man's got some moves:

static-harmony 11.04.2006 06:49 PM

repped.

Lethrneck4 11.04.2006 07:19 PM

it looked like fox was tryin to morph into Teen Wolf

also...it is when Fox is on his meds that he reacts like that....the meds i guess force his muscles to move, otherwise theyd become rigid

jon boy 11.05.2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breligion

oh my!

Alex's Trip 11.05.2006 12:42 PM

All connotations of Rush Limbaugh aside, "Rush" is a really cool name.

Prisstina 11.05.2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breligion

He has tits.

Prisstina 11.05.2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I believe the politically correct term would be, Man Boob's.

Tits aside, Rush is a moron. Even if M.J. Fox was faking, who cares? If you have any sort of brain, seeing the effects of a disease on a celebrity should not change your level of sympathy (or lack thereof) for the people who suffer from it. I already think Parkinson's is very unfortunate and I feel bad for people who have it, but seeing Michael J. Fox swaying around does not make me feel any more sorry than I already do.

Lethrneck4 11.05.2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Tits aside, Rush is a moron. Even if M.J. Fox was faking, who cares?

who cares? well, i dont think he was faking, but to say "even if he was faking, who cares" is just dumb. that would make fox more of a moron than rush

Prisstina 11.05.2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethrneck4

who cares? well, i dont think he was faking, but to say "even if he was faking, who cares" is just dumb. that would make fox more of a moron than rush

All I was saying is that if he's faking, its just a publicity stunt. People should have enough sense not to fall victim to publicity stunts.

Cantankerous 11.05.2006 04:40 PM

or maybe people should take a cue from the past and realize how utterly stupid Limbaugh is and move on.

Prisstina 11.05.2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
or maybe people should take a cue from the past and realize how utterly stupid Limbaugh is and move on.

that too.