Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   does anyone else really hate arcade fire? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40905)

screamingskull 08.11.2010 09:28 AM

does anyone else really hate arcade fire?

granted i haven't heard the new "No.1" album....

screamingskull 08.11.2010 09:33 AM

the artwork is nice

TheFoxBen 08.11.2010 09:33 AM

It must be between "they suck" and "they're amazing" for me... I mean, Funeral is a great album but it pretty much went downhill after that one (haven't heard The Suburbs yet).

Also, do you hate them because Wayne hates them or is it just a coincidence ? :D

pbradley 08.11.2010 09:37 AM

Don't know what's so good about them.

Don't know what's so bad about them.

screamingskull 08.11.2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
It must be between "they suck" and "they're amazing" for me... I mean, Funeral is a great album but it pretty much went downhill after that one (haven't heard The Suburbs yet).

Also, do you hate them because Wayne hates them or is it just a coincidence ? :D

coincidence, i thought they were dicks before Wayne clarified that point, they get played on tv adverts here all the god damn time as well...

I really am liking the new albums artwork though, it has 8 variations
http://embed.arcadefire.com/artwork/artwork_jpeg.html

noisereductions 08.11.2010 09:38 AM

The first album was good. NEON BIBLE was great.

screamingskull 08.11.2010 09:43 AM

i think i might by the new LP on vinyl, i really like the artwork, is that stupid...? seeing as the chances of my liking the music are slim and none...

TheFoxBen 08.11.2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
i think i might by the new LP on vinyl, i really like the artwork, is that stupid...? seeing as the chances of my liking the music are slim and none...

There's AT LEAST one good song on it (Month of May).

screamingskull 08.11.2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
There's AT LEAST one good song on it (Month of May).

i think i'll get it then :)

atsonicpark 08.11.2010 11:42 AM

I think they're one of those bands that I can't understand anyone hating... there's really nothing annoying or bad about their music, it's just something I don't really want to listen to. But technically they are good.

noisereductions 08.11.2010 11:44 AM

word.

I mean I actually really really like NEON BIBLE. But I'm also not rushing out to get the new one. I just like them. But there's nothing amazing.

deflinus 08.11.2010 11:59 AM

their first album i thought was completely amazing
but just something about their personality and presence that doesn't interest me. so i stopped listening to them

Count Mecha 08.11.2010 12:14 PM

I'm really rather indifferent about them. Funeral is the only one I've heard in its entirety. I've heard select tracks from Neon Bible which I found alot less interesting than Funeral. Funeral was fine, just not something I found myself going back to very much.

automatic bzooty 08.11.2010 12:14 PM

i bounce between liking them and feeling fairly apathetic about their entire output. i still love a handful of their songs... but i have a hard time stomaching a full AF album. new one's not doing much for me right now either.

SuperCreep 08.11.2010 01:15 PM

i can't say i have any extreme outright hatred for them, but they do suck hard. all of their music just feels so laughably put-on and disingenuous.

loubarret 08.11.2010 01:39 PM

I still love the first one, it's great. Still hate myself for missing them wen they toured for funeral around here. Never really liked neon bible but looking back at it's quite good, the surubs is just way to long and to mediocre.

Rob Instigator 08.11.2010 01:54 PM

My girl loves them. I tolerate their church-rock.

screamingskull 08.11.2010 02:00 PM

are they christian rock? fo realz?

loubarret 08.11.2010 02:01 PM

They used to look more like religious cult, but no their not

Rob Instigator 08.11.2010 02:03 PM

not christian-rock, but what I lovingly call "church rock" meaning they sound like a band that was born in a church youth group lock-in.

Lotta church rockin at the local outdoor music fests!