Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My room keeps vaporizing things that I am looking for! fucking bastard! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=16596)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.25.2007 11:13 AM

My room keeps vaporizing things that I am looking for! fucking bastard!

So last night, I lose my rolling papers.

I did not leave my room. period. and yet, they were not in there? for half an hour I looked calmly and rationally in every possible nook and cranny of that fucking room, no papers. no big deal. I use an aux paper from my wallet and roll a joint.

so I wake up this morning, i take my shower as usual. I say my morning prayers, I begin to look for my herb pipe, which last night before bed was sitting on my book shelf. this morning, no pipe on book shelf. so I a bit less calmly and definately less rationally look again in every nook and cranny in my room, now for a missing herb pipe. 45 minutes later, no herb pipe, (and no paperz either, which is odd) and to top it all off, for some weird reason a lighter that was most definately in my hand through out most of this morning's search is ALSO missing now.

so my room vaporized a pack of rolling papers, a herb pipe and a lighter all within 45 minutes of each other, all without me EVERY having to LEAVE THE FUCKING ROOM....

looks like God or some other spirit needed to toke it up pretty bad this morning, I would have shared if they asked first..

moral of the story. things can spontaneously vaporize out of your existence from time to time, dont trip out too much...

The Usher 09.25.2007 12:19 PM

...and this has exactly what to do with Sonic Youth?

Maybe you should take a walk outside...

fugazifan 09.25.2007 01:08 PM

maybe you were high?
:-)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.25.2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
maybe you were high?
:-)

last night when I set the pipe down yes, this morning when I was searching around? no.

_tunic_ 09.25.2007 02:19 PM

better take good care of your weed....

val-holla-ing 09.25.2007 05:07 PM

you obviously lose things because you're weak.

just kidding, mang. maybe you should try ginko biloba or some wholistic method of memory boost.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.25.2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
you obviously lose things because you're weak.

just kidding, mang. maybe you should try ginko biloba or some wholistic method of memory boost.

actually you got this one dead on correct. my own weakness left both forgetful, upset/annoyed, and faithlessly impatient regarding the entire situation of missing paraphanelia. the solution could be in the physiology either in physical mental conditioning or in the simpler explanation of being "high" (and subsequently forgetful), but for me, the solution lies more in the spiritual, that is in my cognitive reactions and appraisals to the incident (forgeting something) rather then incident itself..

EvdWee 09.25.2007 05:30 PM

ask for it in your prayer?

Magic Wheel Memory 09.25.2007 05:41 PM

Have you tried adjusting the thermostat?

dazedcola 09.25.2007 06:49 PM

Its god telling ya not to smoke

ohfuchsia 09.26.2007 12:21 AM

there is this fantastic kid's book called finders keepers (i'm pretty sure it's by an australian author) and it's about when things disappear like that, they go through the clock and into another dimension. clocks are like wormholes or something..fantastic, really, i love kids books.
anyway, i still never put things on top of the clock radio.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.26.2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohfuchsia
there is this fantastic kid's book called finders keepers (i'm pretty sure it's by an australian author) and it's about when things disappear like that, they go through the clock and into another dimension. clocks are like wormholes or something..fantastic, really, i love kids books.
anyway, i still never put things on top of the clock radio.

that is the world i am talking about.

eatmychild 09.27.2007 04:39 AM

If you're losing stuff i recommend you buy a big rug and put it on the floor of your room (not the ceiling then ;)) Then when you need to find something, DO NOT BOTHER SEARCHING FOR IT, because you won't find it. Instead you should lie on the rug, roll yourself up in it, and roll from side to side. Keep yelling stuff as well. Don't overdress or you'll roast and possibly catch fire. Put some savlon on it. Tip some absinthe down it.

Then have a short nap in the rug. THEN when you exit the rug, you will be refreshed, and will probably remember where you put the thing, or at least it'll just appear in some really obvious place.

eatmychild 09.27.2007 04:41 AM

Also you should buy some emergancy rolling supplies and put them in a very safe place, such as a safe, under your bed, so that when you do lose papers/lighters/whatever it's not a catastrophic disgrace. But then if you lose your weed you're fucked.

Washing Machine 09.27.2007 04:56 AM

unless of course you buy spare weed

pbradley 09.27.2007 07:05 AM

Smoking pot makes you forget where you have placed things. Huh, what insight.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.27.2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
the moral i got out of yr story is that "morning prayers" dont seem help out much.

the thing about prayers is they are not instant wishes. they are meditations, which are most fulfilling if they take time...

Igziabeher is not some genie that grants wishes for the insecurities of men like myself.

further, one could argue that the prayers were answered, because the situation was resolved. one could further argue that minus the prayers, the situation could have went drastically worse, like I could have died in seemingly unrelated circumstances. remember, the trick to deities is that you DONT have to believe in them for their existence..