Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lee Ranaldo & The Dust – in session today on WFMU, 3pm (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=104343)

_tunic_ 01.07.2014 03:51 PM

Lee Ranaldo & The Dust – in session today on WFMU, 3pm

Lee Ranaldo & The Dust – in session today on WFMU, 3pm

January 7th, 2014 at 10:42 am by Gerard

Lee Ranaldo & The Dust — confusingly enough, shown here performing at another radio station a few months ago — can be heard today on Brian Turner’s WFMU program from a session recorded this past Saturday afternoon in beautiful Jersey City.

_tunic_ 01.07.2014 03:53 PM

the above was posted on the Matablog today, no idea what time it is out there now, so it may be broadcast already...

blunderbuss 01.07.2014 04:51 PM

If someone could record and share it, I'd be fairly grateful.

stu666 01.07.2014 05:19 PM

this ^

greenlight 01.07.2014 05:59 PM

just listened to it. wow, good few covers he played there. great set. l am listening to the interview. I think it is about to finish now. I think you can listen to it from his archives.

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/53930

i am running late for my night shift... i will put up set list later, if someone else wont in the meantime.

greenlight 01.07.2014 06:04 PM

Set list today:

Revolution Blues (Neil Young cover) / Late Descent #2 / Last Night On Earth / Everybody's Been Burned (D. Crosby cover) / Home Chds / Key/Hole / The Rising Tide / Blackt Out / She Cracked (Modern Lovers cover)

tesla69 01.08.2014 02:26 PM

I don't know if you noticed, but Spectre Folk is added to the lineup Saturday opening for the Dust. Gonna try to get out to this one, really want to see Lee and Alan kill some strings

Spectre Folk
The Spectre Folk Sound is brought to you by Pete Nolan, Peter Meehan, Steve Shelley and Aaron Mullan. They weave together a countrified blend of psychedelic indie folk into their own elastic like brand of sweet guitar drone.

Rob Instigator 01.08.2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
Set list today:

Revolution Blues (Neil Young cover) / Late Descent #2 / Last Night On Earth / Everybody's Been Burned (D. Crosby cover) / Home Chds / Key/Hole / The Rising Tide / Blackt Out / She Cracked (Modern Lovers cover)

Oh man I love that Neil Young song! Lee is busting out covers from On The Beach!

greenlight 01.08.2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
I don't know if you noticed, but Spectre Folk is added to the lineup Saturday opening for the Dust. Gonna try to get out to this one, really want to see Lee and Alan kill some strings

Spectre Folk
The Spectre Folk Sound is brought to you by Pete Nolan, Peter Meehan, Steve Shelley and Aaron Mullan. They weave together a countrified blend of psychedelic indie folk into their own elastic like brand of sweet guitar drone.

tesla I envy you. good few gigs coming up in yr area, hehe. would love to see Spectre Folk live. Spectre Folk is sound!

tesla69 01.08.2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

tesla I envy you. good few gigs coming up in yr area, hehe. would love to see Spectre Folk live. Spectre Folk is sound!

I've liked Spectre Folk. I have a cool 12". I went to see Pete Nolan at the Stone a couple Januaries ago, it was a very cold day and there were like 6 of us who came out. He performed for a bare 30 mins, then counted the audience, decided there weren't enough of us to bother with and left. I thought it was cheesey and I've never paid to see Nolan since.

greenlight 01.08.2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

I've liked Spectre Folk. I have a cool 12". I went to see Pete Nolan at the Stone a couple Januaries ago, it was a very cold day and there were like 6 of us who came out. He performed for a bare 30 mins, then counted the audience, decided there weren't enough of us to bother with and left. I thought it was cheesey and I've never paid to see Nolan since.

hmm, weird. i see.
though my first and only encounter with Pete Nolan in Dublin few years back was weird too actually. it is a long story though, hehe.

I did not hear much of Spectre Folk (without or with Steve) in general, but what I heard I liked. And first time I found out about Spectre Folk existence, I was surprised that he actually plays guitar as well. I don't know how much of a good guitarist he is, but still

tesla69 01.08.2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

I was surprised that he actually plays guitar as well. I don't know how much of a good guitarist he is, but still

he's a talented guy -

he played guitar in early GHQ, which included Steve Gunn, who is also opening for The Dust -

RanaldoNecro 01.12.2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

he's a talented guy -

he played guitar in early GHQ, which included Steve Gunn, who is also opening for The Dust -

Thanks posting this broadcast.