Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lee's NEW ALBUM: LAST NIGHT ON EARTH • DROPS OCT 8 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=96630)

Toilet & Bowels 10.18.2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee is Free
Glacial is abstract music, LNOE is songs - kinda hard t compare these two...

-L

Yeah, but I could only afford one! I went for Glacial, really enjoying it so far.

blunderbuss 10.18.2013 12:56 PM

Enjoying this a lot more than I thought I might.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.18.2013 09:14 PM

Severian 10.20.2013 12:17 PM

This is a really great album. Better than the last. Hard to find fault in it, really. A surprisingly solid and focused jam record.

A wee bit reminiscent of Phish, to be honest. And late '70s Dead.

Rob Instigator 10.21.2013 11:02 AM

My friend, my friend, he's got a knife....

dasx 10.22.2013 05:04 AM

I finally ordered vinyl version of this album.

Chris Lawrence 10.22.2013 05:35 PM

This finally arrived at my local record shop and damn, it was worth the wait! Fantastic songwriting, fantastic musicianship and FANTASTIC SOUND! I know there were some comments about the sound quality of the first album, but I have no complaints this time around. Beautiful production, really nice full sound, and killer tunes, too!! Listened to it 4 times yesterday.

RanaldoNecro 10.23.2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
This finally arrived at my local record shop and damn, it was worth the wait! Fantastic songwriting, fantastic musicianship and FANTASTIC SOUND! I know there were some comments about the sound quality of the first album, but I have no complaints this time around. Beautiful production, really nice full sound, and killer tunes, too!! Listened to it 4 times yesterday.

I feel the same way. I love the soaring guitar in Ambulancer. It cuts against the music so well.

Chris Lawrence 10.24.2013 02:30 AM

No additional songs in the 2xLP mp3 download zip, if that hadn't been confirmed yet.

Mortte Jousimo 10.24.2013 12:23 PM

Got the vinyl this week, just listened it first time. As the most people here, I also love it a lot! Between the times & this have same 60-70 atmosphere, but Lee goes this new one a lot deeper, there are no easy listening-songs here as there are in between times. Last night is like a big brother of Between the times. I think I will listen this a lot & it will open more. Now Late Descent is my favourite, I really love that mad cembalo in the begin & end of it & also the "floating in the dark river"-middle part. I like the production too, itīs also better than in Between.

sy2004 10.24.2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Now Late Descent is my favourite, I really love that mad cembalo in the begin & end of it & also the "floating in the dark river"-middle part.

Funny, that's the only track I would have dropped on this othewise excellent album.

Mortte Jousimo 10.24.2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sy2004
Funny, that's the only track I would have dropped on this othewise excellent album.

I really love artist who have courage to put this kind of "mad" tracks to their albums, because these days albums are mostly just the same from the begin to the end.

greenlight 11.05.2013 06:52 PM

wow. i didn't even know he has new album out and wow all them november show (from post above) you having there. record store time tomorrow.

The Soup Nazi 11.05.2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
wow. i didn't even know he has new album out

Where ya been, son?

greenlight 11.05.2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Where ya been, son?

between times and tides.. ;-)

Aaaadrpk 11.09.2013 01:32 AM

Anyone here bought the vinyl? It's a clear (transparent) vinyl? [I still have to wait :( ... and I'm very curious]

Mortte Jousimo 11.09.2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaaadrpk
Anyone here bought the vinyl? It's a clear (transparent) vinyl? [I still have to wait :( ... and I'm very curious]

I got the vinyl & itīs normal black. I havenīt heard anywhere it will be released in any different vinyl. Thurstonīs Demolished Thought first pressing was clear & second green.

Chris Lawrence 11.09.2013 06:17 AM

My Demolished Thoughts is clear blue...! My Last Night on Earth is black. :)

Aaaadrpk 11.09.2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I got the vinyl & itīs normal black. I havenīt heard anywhere it will be released in any different vinyl. Thurstonīs Demolished Thought first pressing was clear & second green.

Quote:

Oh, really??! didn't know about T's Demolished Thought ! by the way I'm waiting this one (and body/head too) shows up this week.

About Lee, when I looked the cover picture + album title, I imagined a clear or a clear pink vinyl. @_@ This one I will have to wait a little to get mine vinyl copy. [ I can't stop listening, I really enjoy a lot. ]

Mortte Jousimo 11.09.2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Sorry, I remembered the second pressing was green (after putting the last message I began to thought "or was it blue?"). I got that first pressing that is clear. Those colour vinyls were in pre-order at Matador and even before the release date they started to inform that clear vinyl was out of print & the next ones will be blue. Of course I was very excited about which one I got.