Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I feel so strangely fucked up right now. Need advice. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35386)

HaydenAsche 10.20.2009 07:39 PM

I feel so strangely fucked up right now. Need advice.

All day I felt like I was twacked out because it's my first 24 hours without a cigarette. Which wasn't too terrible. I am on the patch but it still makes me anxious and sick not smoking. All day my circulation was terrible. Numb fingers and arms.

Anyways, continuing throughout the day I felt alright. Usual quitting smoking things. Headaches, anxiety, etc. Right before my shift ended though I started spinning and was having rapid heartbeats. It was one of the worst anxiety attacks of my life. So, after i got off work I went home and my baby gave me 2 1 mg klonopins to help my anxiety attack. Now, I take 7.5 mg Tranxene for my anxiety but I've been staying away from addicting meds so I haven't filled them in a while. So, 2 mg of clorazepam was nothing for me. I used to eat benzos like candy.

But now, I'm so fucked up. I'm still extremely anxious like rapid heartbeat, dizzy bad. Yet, the klonopin made my head all retarded and I can't see straight. I just don't understand why I'm so fucked up with the only chemicals all day being nicotine and a does of clorazepam less than my prescribed dose. I feel like something may be very wrong.

Has anyone heard anything related to nicotine patches/allergic reactions or something? Or is it all just because all I want to do is smoke a cigarette?

alteredcourse 10.20.2009 08:25 PM

I've never had reactions from quitting smoking like that, nor do I have too much experience with sedatives. But I do have experience with generalized anxiety and panic attacks. It sounds like what could be happening is your central nervous system reacting harshly to the withdrawl. Since your body is so used to medications running the show in your system, its all so sensitive to change. You're in that fight or flight mode, and so you are hyper-aware of every single sensation inside your body and mind, and that only worsens the fight or flight. I'd say you just have to ride it out if you really want to commit to quitting smoking.

I hope you feel alright soon enough.

acousticrock87 10.20.2009 08:36 PM

I can't diagnose you or anything, but all I can say is anxiety attacks are fucking awful, and very hard to pinpoint. Especially if they're prolonged. Fucking awful.

Do what you need to do to get through it, but be careful not to start relying on something else that you'll need to quit. That's like paying back credit with credit.

HaydenAsche 10.20.2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypertonic
But you said u were on something for anxiety? Withdrawing from that too?

No. I'm just saying that I haven't taken that in several months but I'm well aware of my anxiety problems. I just don't find myself needing them like i did today. I took less than the reccomended dose because I don't want to get addicted to them again.

alteredcourse 10.20.2009 09:40 PM

How are you doing now, mr Asche?

HaydenAsche 10.20.2009 09:43 PM

I've calmed down. I feel like I should smoke a cigarette but I'm not going to. I'm going to sleep it off.

pbradley 10.20.2009 09:48 PM

Too bad you can just duck in for a doctor's opinion without $$$.

alteredcourse 10.20.2009 09:51 PM

Awesome. Tomorrow will be better.

Even then though pb, they'd just give him a few attivans and maybe a perscription for effexor.

jon boy 10.20.2009 11:15 PM

has there ever been a time when you havnt felt all fucked up? that seems to be your main passtime. just go take the massive amounts of drugs your always talking about taking.

Seandi 10.21.2009 12:12 AM

b lah blah blah, take an ativavn, fuck this gir l l on my lap. it could be worse kid.

Seandi 10.21.2009 12:14 AM

trust me it will be much worse.... Shit...

Satan 10.21.2009 12:15 AM

i advise that you smoke a cigarette.

alteredcourse 10.21.2009 12:18 AM

shithead

Satan 10.21.2009 12:20 AM

hayden obviously needs a smoke. end this hell.

alteredcourse 10.21.2009 12:22 AM

Today is only one hell.

Satan 10.21.2009 12:22 AM

hell is where you make it.

!@#$%! 10.21.2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
All day I felt like I was twacked out because it's my first 24 hours without a cigarette. Which wasn't too terrible. I am on the patch but it still makes me anxious and sick not smoking. All day my circulation was terrible. Numb fingers and arms.

Anyways, continuing throughout the day I felt alright. Usual quitting smoking things. Headaches, anxiety, etc. Right before my shift ended though I started spinning and was having rapid heartbeats. It was one of the worst anxiety attacks of my life. So, after i got off work I went home and my baby gave me 2 1 mg klonopins to help my anxiety attack. Now, I take 7.5 mg Tranxene for my anxiety but I've been staying away from addicting meds so I haven't filled them in a while. So, 2 mg of clorazepam was nothing for me. I used to eat benzos like candy.

But now, I'm so fucked up. I'm still extremely anxious like rapid heartbeat, dizzy bad. Yet, the klonopin made my head all retarded and I can't see straight. I just don't understand why I'm so fucked up with the only chemicals all day being nicotine and a does of clorazepam less than my prescribed dose. I feel like something may be very wrong.

Has anyone heard anything related to nicotine patches/allergic reactions or something? Or is it all just because all I want to do is smoke a cigarette?

maybe the patch is too strong & making you ill (heartbeat shit). try a lesser strength?

for the oral fixation: smoke some cock instead. it will make you happy and it's nicotine-free. plus, nutritious.

i know nothing of your meds, on the other hand. you sound like a walking pharmacy. call up your shrink & don't get advice from the interwebs. we suck and make people OD all the time.

alteredcourse 10.21.2009 12:26 AM

True, and so far so good. Also, the grass is always greener.

Genteel Death 10.21.2009 02:17 AM

What a wimp.

Alex's Trip 10.21.2009 04:30 AM

stay strong, baby. thats all I got to say.