Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

lechaoscestmoi 06.12.2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
 

sucked btw.

now i'm listening to alice in chains

Pookie 06.12.2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
sucked btw.

now i'm listening to alice in chains

Radiohead? Alice In Chains? Are you doing it for a dare?

marleypumpkin 06.12.2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
sucked btw.

now i'm listening to alice in chains


BTW, Alice In Chains SUCK!

Just trying to prove a point, don't go ragging on ANYONE's music choice. If you don't like it, fine. But, don't belittle someone because they listen to something you don't like.

Oh, but I was serious about that Alice In Chains comment.

lechaoscestmoi 06.12.2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Radiohead? Alice In Chains? Are you doing it for a dare?

haha. i enjoy some alice in chains songs... dark, bluesy-metal.

radiohead, however, DO suck.
"in rainbows" is like the worst album i've listened to in weeks, man.

i like pretty much all "grunge"-era bands.... well, to an extent. but i can easily see why one wouldn't.
anyhow sorry for not being as hipster as you guys. i'll go listen to some stooges now if you don't mind... ;)

marleypumpkin 06.12.2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
haha. i enjoy some alice in chains songs... dark, bluesy-metal.

radiohead, however, DO suck.
"in rainbows" is like the worst album i've listened to in weeks, man.

i like pretty much all "grunge"-era bands.... well, to an extent. but i can easily see why one wouldn't.
anyhow sorry for not being as hipster as you guys. i'll go listen to some stooges now if you don't mind... ;)


I thought so-called "Grunge" bands hated the word grunge. But if there were such a genre, than I could say I liked a few bands. But Alice In Chains is not one of them.

As for Radiohead, you don't like them, good for you. Just don't think yr superior because of it.

jimbrim 06.12.2008 10:48 AM

big youth

lechaoscestmoi 06.12.2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
I thought so-called "Grunge" bands hated the word grunge. But if there were such a genre, than I could say I liked a few bands. But Alice In Chains is not one of them.

As for Radiohead, you don't like them, good for you. Just don't think yr superior because of it.

heh it's not exactly a genre for me either, hence the quotation marks.

..radiohead actually used to be quite good till a while ago, it's just their latest album which ruined it for me.
oh and just so you know, if you don't like alice in chains that's fine, i don't really care and it's not gonna change my opinion about them anyways. no need to make a deal about it. :D

marleypumpkin 06.12.2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
heh it's not exactly a genre for me either, hence the quotation marks.

..radiohead actually used to be quite good till a while ago, it's just their latest album which ruined it for me.
oh and just so you know, if you don't like alice in chains that's fine, i don't really care and it's not gonna change my opinion about them anyways. no need to make a deal about it. :D


Nor should it change yr opinion of them. & I can see how you wouldn't like "In Rainbows". It's basically a studio regurgitation of songs they've had for a while. I'm not sure if you've heard the extra material that came w/ the album, but I found that to be the best part.

batreleaser 06.12.2008 02:36 PM

right now: venom-black metal

today/last night:

omoide hatoba-mantako, surfin in u.f.o. ep
boris-akuma no uta
sunn oo))-white 1 (their worst record ive decided)
sunn oo))/boris-altar
the germs-(gi)
crass-christ the album
ichi the killer orignal soundtrack
rovo-pico
bloodyminded-plays bloodyminded
double leapords-a hole is true
kevin shields-false prophet

ive also been absolutley OBSESSED with these following 'sublime frequencies' records i got online:

group doueh-guitar music from the western sahara
omar souleyman-highway to hassake:folk and pop sounds from syria
V/A: Probidao-Forbidden gang funk from rio de janeiro

Pookie 06.12.2008 04:26 PM

Shirley Bassey - If You Go Away

Cantankerous 06.12.2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
haha. i enjoy some alice in chains songs... dark, bluesy-metal.

radiohead, however, DO suck.
"in rainbows" is like the worst album i've listened to in weeks, man.

i like pretty much all "grunge"-era bands.... well, to an extent. but i can easily see why one wouldn't.
anyhow sorry for not being as hipster as you guys. i'll go listen to some stooges now if you don't mind... ;)



YEAH MIANNNNNNNN

twat

Cantankerous 06.12.2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Good use of twat.

why thanks.

Pookie 06.12.2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
why thanks.

You're welcome.

lechaoscestmoi 06.12.2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
YEAH MIANNNNNNNN

i don't know you but i'm sorry if what i posted in that other thread offended you.


 


inspired by atsonicpark :)

Pookie 06.12.2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
i don't know you but i'm sorry if what i posted in that other thread offended you.




 


inspired by atsonicpark :)

How does complimenting Saturnine on her use of the word twat make me a troll sonny?

Cantankerous 06.12.2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
i don't know you but i'm sorry if what i posted in that other thread offended you.


 


inspired by atsonicpark :)

no, you're just a pile of wank is all. c:

lechaoscestmoi 06.12.2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
How does complimenting Saturnine on her use of the word twat make me a troll sonny?

just because your life is shit does not mean you should come here and be negative towards everyone and everything all the time. :rolleyes:

i'm off to bed now, good night sleep tight etc.

Pookie 06.12.2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
i'm off to bed now, good night sleep tight etc.

You've got the right idea: piss off.

stu666 06.12.2008 06:21 PM

Earth - 5/1/08
Caledonia Lounge - Athens, GA

(from dime)

batreleaser 06.12.2008 09:10 PM

alice in chains is lame, but listenable at least. some good riffs sometimes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth