Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Dead-Air 09.25.2010 09:10 PM

Joan Jett and Runaways vids

shabbray2.0 09.26.2010 04:59 AM

 

some really cool tunes on it

sonic sphere 09.26.2010 05:27 AM

 

shabbray2.0 09.26.2010 05:34 AM


 

what a monster of an album for a lazy sunday with cigarettes and coffee, listening to snare girl while its raining outside.

stu666 09.26.2010 06:04 AM

^

think i will join you

shabbray2.0 09.26.2010 06:07 AM

it still works more then fine. I am on my second cup of coffee and maybe the 4th cigarette. the stops and after heather angel kicks me out of this warm dream again, I will head off to a friend of mine.

is it raining at your side too?
and thanks btw :) really enjoying it!

stu666 09.26.2010 06:11 AM

Just hit Sunday, it has been raining here but the sun is trying to come out now, 1st cup of tea for me. i might go mushroom picking later....

shabbray2.0 09.26.2010 06:16 AM

thanks for reminding me about the mushroom time.
I always forget it. at least for the last 2 or 3 years, and I really like it. especially the smell of the woods

stu666 09.26.2010 06:24 AM

Yes, i love this time of the year, and a thousand leaves fits perfectly. :)

TheFoxBen 09.26.2010 06:52 AM

 

viewtiful alan redux 09.26.2010 11:07 AM

 

4/5

noisereductions 09.26.2010 12:18 PM

^yeah it's good.

viewtiful alan redux 09.26.2010 12:31 PM

People hated it because Rae and Ghost told them too... this was a solid wu effort, and some of the best production RZA has done in more recent years.

viewtiful alan redux 09.26.2010 12:33 PM

On vinyl:
 

5/5

noisereductions 09.26.2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux
People hated it because Rae and Ghost told them too... this was a solid wu effort, and some of the best production RZA has done in more recent years.


yep. I agree. In fact at the time I was freelancing and reviewed it and gave it like an 8/10 or something like that. I said that it would be a cult-classic 10 years later.

finding nobody 09.26.2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
yep. I agree. In fact at the time I was freelancing and reviewed it and gave it like an 8/10 or something like that. I said that it would be a cult-classic 10 years later.

Did they for real say that? Ghost and Rae kill.. but damn

Ghostchase 09.26.2010 01:54 PM

Wasn't that another main reason for the Wu-Massacre? Because Ghost and Rae thought Diagrams was weak and RZA was loosing his touch. I think 8 Diagrams is a great album, most songs on there I've replayed many times like; Sunlight, Campfire, Windmill, and Weak Spot. Great fucking album.

finding nobody 09.26.2010 02:03 PM

 

first time listen. sounds great

noisereductions 09.26.2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Wasn't that another main reason for the Wu-Massacre? Because Ghost and Rae thought Diagrams was weak and RZA was loosing his touch. I think 8 Diagrams is a great album, most songs on there I've replayed many times like; Sunlight, Campfire, Windmill, and Weak Spot. Great fucking album.


basically yes. There was supposed to be a SHAOLIN VS WU-TANG album that was basically Rae & Ghosts idea of a Wu-Tang album but with only selective members and not produced by Rza. 8 DIAGRAMS was put out during a very weird and tense period of in-fighting.

sonic sphere 09.26.2010 04:02 PM

 


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth