Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which famous guitarist are you? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8871)

Dead-Air 12.11.2006 10:45 PM

I got Tom Delonge, who I never fucking heard of!

"For you, music is all about having fun. You only know powerchords, and you don't care what anyone else says.Your drummer is probably a better guitarist than you, and a better singer as well. You might just want to get a job at mcdonalds."

Interesting, if only because I do play guitar like a drum mostly.

Oh shit, I just googled him, it's the jackass from Blink 182. Of course that's the only guitarist in the fucking quiz who's even vaguely considered "punk" and obviously the only guitar player the guy who wrote the quiz has ever heard of who doesn't play wanky 14 minute solos.

blastscenealibi 12.11.2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_famous_guitarist_are_you

Apparently, I'm Jimmy Page. and the description pretty well applies to my real life, too: You are just one component of music. The spotlight is your home, but only if you've had your Jack Daniels [I would substitute Three Floyds Alpha King pale ale] for the day. Lay off the drugs and 14-year-olds [I would substitute 1... er, no, nevermind. ]. You have good talent, and you don't want to waste it by doing stupid stuff now.

I don't remember who I was but I wasn't Jimmy Page. I wanted to be Jimmy so bad.

krastian 12.12.2006 01:45 AM

cryptowonderdruginvogue 12.12.2006 01:49 AM

David Gilmour, HELL YES!

pink floyd is #1 in my heart

Cantankerous 12.12.2006 01:53 AM

dimebag darrell. it was spot on:

Music to you is just a chance to have fun and just play. After the show you like to party hard and drink withthe guys. You are not afraid to be in the spotlight. Heavy music is where its at. You find that nothing cures a hangover like more alcohol.

krastian 12.12.2006 02:35 AM

I love Pantera.....I've been listening to Vulgar Display of Power out the wazoo in my car this year. Phil is a dick though.

cuetzpalin 12.12.2006 02:55 AM

jimi hendrix. why not:)

cryptowonderdruginvogue 12.12.2006 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
I love Pantera.....I've been listening to Vulgar Display of Power out the wazoo in my car this year. Phil is a dick though.

check out the band DOWN

Norma J 12.12.2006 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian

Right on. Although not necessarly on the Phil thing. I don't know of his hapenings for years now, so I can't judge. But the music he made in Pantera was/is great.

Crypto, Down are cool too.

davenotdead 12.12.2006 06:45 AM

Page....i was hoping they would have more choices...oh well, shitty online quizes....

screamingskull 12.12.2006 07:08 AM

i am Adam Jones, voted 75th Greatest Guitarist of all time by Rolling Stone Magazine.

atari 2600 12.12.2006 08:36 AM

Jimmy Page
1. What is your age?Under 18 Years Old18 to 24 Years Old25 to 30 Years Old31 to 40 Years Old41 to 50 Years Old51 to 60 Years OldOver 60 Years Old2. What is your gender?MaleFemale3. You have just hit a wrong note. You......bend it....slide up to the right note....hit it again to make it look like you meant to do it....hit the whammy bar....pinch it...vibrato all the way!4. You like guitars that......sound good....looks good....has your name on it....you are familiar with....has a floyd rose.5. You can use a slide.Yeah!No...What's a slide?It doesn't sound good in my genre.6. You like picks.....that are thick...thin ftw!...anything I can pinch with...picks?7. I like mostly.......rock....blues...METAL!...anything that is simple and not crowded.8. Strings......are supposed to be thick....aregood if they are bendable....need to last!...doesn;t matter.9. Great sound......comes from the player....comes from the guitar....comes from the amp....doesn't matter10. My main tuning......is standard....I have my own....I tune LOW.....I don't tune my own guitar.11. I would describe my pedals as......too many!...pedals?...just the basic....all rackmount.12. Music is.....all about having fun....about showing off...about making great tunes.

king_buzzo 12.12.2006 08:47 AM

adam jones

ondskan 12.12.2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
check out the band DOWN

DOWN is great.

"You are not that technical of a player. But, besides playing, you have a lot of talent in something else, but playing is your true calling. In the future, your other skills will help you in bands. you just like to stand and give a good show."

I'm Adam Jones

hey alex 12.12.2006 01:56 PM

I'm the axis bold as love himself---i am , huh , experienced

LittlePuppetBoy 12.12.2006 03:05 PM

I'm Adam Jones. I don't even know who the fuck he is.

choc e-Claire 07.05.2019 10:04 PM

I got Delonge, shit.

d.sound 07.05.2019 10:24 PM

Me too. No idea who that is.

Really though I'm whatever guitarist who got bored, chucked it in the back of the closet, and started learning software. So jim o'rourke?

choc e-Claire 07.05.2019 10:31 PM

He's the guy from blink-182. So not even a band I like.

tw2113 07.05.2019 11:27 PM

I managed to get Hendrix...sucks to be everyone else on the forum