Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Eternal (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29366)

noisereductions 02.12.2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
You've got a point, NR. The dash hasn't been in their name in a looooong time, though, has it?

No obviously not. I just figured that the dash was a statement... IE: A return to independence.

greedrex 02.12.2009 01:02 PM

I find it ludicrous, but this dash must mean something because someone typed it on purpose, although it's a bit superfluous.

This Is Not Here 02.12.2009 01:10 PM

Wow, I love the album cover, and the tracks sound awesome, particularly 'Anti-Orgasm'. However, Sonic Youth, or Should I say Sonic-Youth, please change the font of the writing. It's too boring, too Times New Roman.

atsonicpark 02.12.2009 01:14 PM

"The dash is a return to independance."

Excellent.

davenotdead 02.12.2009 01:20 PM

the name makes me lol.

noisereductions 02.12.2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

"The dash is a return to independance."

Excellent.

thank you.

amerikangod 02.12.2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
Did the title 'Walkin Blue' replace 'trash weasels and gutter snipes'? Also, I prefer 'Malibu Gas Station' over the potential (although unlikely) 'Something About a Malibu Gas Station,' and 'Thunderclap For Bobby Pyn' sounds WAY cooler than just 'Bobby Pyn.' The term 'thunderclap' in a Sonic Youth song title gives me high hopes for this track. Please bring the noise, even if it's in a Detroit rock style.

Wait, I just realized we lost 'Burning Shame' as well.

So 'Walkin Blue' could be either 'Burning Shame' or 'trash weasels n gutter snipes' ... which makes me wonder what happened to the other track. Why did we drop down from 13 to 12? Is one of them just for the Japanese release?

Pax Americana 02.12.2009 01:35 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhh shit! Teh Yoof are back.

The cover art ain't bad. I'm pumped to hear the new music. Kim, Lee and Thurston all sharing lead vocals on a track!? Sounds delicious.

Chris Lawrence 02.12.2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

The dash hasn't been in their name in a looooong time, though, has it?

Sister, I think.

Amazed it's not "The Sonic-Youth".

The font is dull, otherwise this is shaping up to be a pretty cool release...

samuel 02.12.2009 01:55 PM

I am a big fan of the track titles, and the cover art is pretty cool too!
I wonder what the time lengths of the songs are... I hope it's a nice variety. I know Massage the History is almost ten minutes long.

nancykitten 02.12.2009 02:02 PM

I'm very glad we lost the title of 'Trash Weasles N Gutter Snipes'.

This Is Not Here 02.12.2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
I know Massage the History is almost ten minutes long.

How do you people find out these things?!

greedrex 02.12.2009 02:21 PM

^^ by being AWARE.

Malcolm81 02.12.2009 03:26 PM

I love the cover. I can hardly wait, my expectations for this album are really high... I don't know why, but I liked the move to Matador. And while I've heard it all before ("one of their more inspired efforts...") for some reason I buy it every time. Oh, and seeing Mark Ibold in the band photo reminds me of Pavement, I like that.

waltermcphilp 02.12.2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
Please bring the noise, even if it's in a Detroit rock style.

what does this mean?

al shabbray 02.12.2009 03:46 PM

I think this is the release where my hopes are the highest, and at the same time its the one where I am afraid the most of being dissapointed.
argh, cant wait

and yes I want noise too, even if its in the helen lundberg style

amerikangod 02.12.2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltermcphilp
what does this mean?

I was referring to Thurston's quote about how the album "has more compact, melodic, high-energy, Detroit punk-rock songs on it."

uhler 02.12.2009 05:34 PM

i wonder if "thunderclap for bobby pyn" is a tribute to him. i sure hope so.

[Sandbag] 02.12.2009 06:41 PM

oh my god....

*heart attack*
*dies*

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:D :D :D

tasteinmen 02.12.2009 07:48 PM

woop, i can't wait for this album, it seems all my fav bands are are in the process or have recently released new albums