Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I Find It Really Strange That I Get Demonized for the Break-Up of Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113010)

Screaming Skull 01.19.2016 04:44 PM

I Find It Really Strange That I Get Demonized for the Break-Up of Sonic Youth

Sonic Youth Coachella 2017...

http://pitchfork.com/news/63014-thur...f-sonic-youth/

Screaming Skull 01.19.2016 04:47 PM

Full Collide interview here:

http://www.collideartandculture.com/...exclusive/cpl4

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.19.2016 07:41 PM

That seemed like a dipshit thing to say, no one thought he "intended" to break up the band but wtf did he think would happen? Its a band with his wife!

greenlight 01.20.2016 02:28 PM

cheers for sharing the link. interesting interview. by the way I never knew Thurston has a official FB account and is so active on it.

Rob Instigator 01.20.2016 02:46 PM

T-Dawg is all over the facebookin'

zelocia 01.20.2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
T-Dawg is all over the facebookin'

I find his activity on Facebook to be very cute. But when he was introduced at the 42nd Annual St. Mark's Church NYD Marathon Reading, the announcer said that one of his resolutions was to stay off of the internet. He very quickly broke that one.

EVOLghost 01.20.2016 05:10 PM

oh dear...:/

Thurston...how did this come as a surprise....

tesla69 01.24.2016 02:45 PM

wow

confusion is next 01.24.2016 04:40 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.17.2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pissonu
bitch hows it strange everyone blames u??? it was yo fault nigga!!

you cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Mortte Jousimo 02.18.2016 04:18 AM

I think itīs just so stupid to blame Thurston to SY split. It could happend anyway. Even SYR9 is one of their greatest outputs, I think SY really has always been a band who do music only if itīs great. They could have found out they canīt create anything great together anymore and split for that reason. Of course I think also after reading girl in a band Thurston didnīt do things mature way in his marriage, but thatīs the way things sometimes goes. I think Thurston is not the only one in rock business who has done such a things.

Mortte Jousimo 02.20.2016 01:48 AM

Well, hereīs many whose opinion is SY hasnīt made anything decent after Nurse.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.20.2016 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo

Which is a shame because Rather Ripped was a fun tour and I've come to realize The Eternal is in my top 5 sonic albums

Mortte Jousimo 02.20.2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Which is a shame because Rather Ripped was a fun tour and I've come to realize The Eternal is in my top 5 sonic albums

Love also both albums. My top4 SY albums are still same, but I could put any other SY album fifth (well maybe not experimental).

zelocia 02.22.2016 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo

I concur. Sonic Nurse was their last masterpiece. Rather Ripped and The Eternal have some decent tracks between them (i.e. Reena, Pink Steam, Sacred Trickster, Antenna, What We Know, Malibu Gas Station, Walkin' Blue, Massage The History) but they were not the same band after Jim left.

eternal 02.22.2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelocia
I concur. Sonic Nurse was their last masterpiece. Rather Ripped and The Eternal have some decent tracks between them (i.e. Reena, Pink Steam, Sacred Trickster, Antenna, What We Know, Malibu Gas Station, Walkin' Blue, Massage The History) but they were not the same band after Jim left.

I agree 100% with this statement. And notice how only 1 of those songs is T-dog's (PS doesn't count).

I also agree Kim is the schiznit

deflinus 02.23.2016 05:36 PM

Sonic Nurse is polished beauty full of distorted adult melodies. It's the quintessential SY+O'Rourke album.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.23.2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelocia
but they were not the same band after Jim left.

i been saying this since he left i think at the time his contributions were underrappreciated by many SY fans... he was brilliant on the Nurse Tour and notice how much great material and shows came out of his involvement from 1998-2005...all that avant garde experimentalexperimentalism was clearly part of his influence as Rather Ripped really sounds like it picked up from Washing Machine and ATL/NYCG&F/Murray St/Nurse was the Jim Found The Almanac divergent time line

noisereductions 02.23.2016 07:08 PM

I have loved every SY album.

dasx 02.24.2016 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I have loved every SY album.

Me too.