Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   new south park episode dissing family guy (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=596)

finding nobody 04.04.2006 07:38 PM

new south park episode dissing family guy

i just seen the previews. is it just me or does south park make fun of anything popular?... i dont know it just bugs me sometimes. i think the episode premiers tommorow. we'll have to discuss it in this this thread...

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.04.2006 07:44 PM

If I had some sort of artistic creation, I'd be really happy if it got parodied. It would mean that there is significance to it.

golden child 04.04.2006 07:49 PM

duh thats the point of south park, making fun of shit.

johnnywinternoshow 04.04.2006 07:58 PM

and family guy is shit these days anyhow, since series 4 started it's just got so formulaic and heavily reliant on character stereotypes

finding nobody 04.04.2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
and family guy is shit these days anyhow, since series 4 started it's just got so formulaic and heavily reliant on character stereotypes

really? im sad to hear that. i havent seen many of the season 4 episodes. ive got season 1 & 2 on dvd. it's rather good.

Savage Clone 04.04.2006 08:10 PM

I have no problem with this.
Family guy is godawful.
The Simpsons have made fun of them before, too..

finding nobody 04.04.2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
If I had some sort of artistic creation, I'd be really happy if it got parodied. It would mean that there is significance to it.

hm. that's what nirvana said about weird al doing the parody of teen spirit.

johnnywinternoshow 04.04.2006 08:12 PM

well it's only my opinion, i know a lot of people who really love it, but to me its just 'oh here comes quagmire it'll only be a matter of time until a joke about sex,' 'there's peter griffin, he's gonna say something insensitive and chauvinistic,' 'now stewie's going to threaten to kill someone'

Lone Flanger 04.04.2006 08:13 PM

Yeah, remember South Park made fun of the Simpsons too.

I hope they're brutal.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.04.2006 08:29 PM

I really want to see this but Ill be at my dads and he doenst have cable.

chabib 04.04.2006 08:34 PM

good. i'm not really a fan of that show--or most of the ones on adult swim for that matter. family guy, futurama, home movies, the oblongs, robot chicken, 12 oz mouse, minoriteam, trigun, s-cry ed, tom goes to the mayor and perfect hair forever aren't really nearly as interesting or entertaining as some of the other shows they broadcast.

finding nobody 04.04.2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
good. i'm not really a fan of that show--or most of the ones on adult swim for that matter. family guy, futurama, home movies, the oblongs, robot chicken, 12 oz mouse, minoriteam, trigun, s-cry ed, tom goes to the mayor and perfect hair forever aren't really nearly as interesting or entertaining as some of the other shows they broadcast.

what adult swim show did you not name?

chabib 04.04.2006 09:04 PM

the Hanna-Barbera cut upesque ones like birdman and sea lab; aqua teen; most of the anime; american dad; john k's new yogi/booboo thing... a couple of others that i can't think of off hand but which don't seem to irk me to the point where i hallucinate that my cable box is communicating with me via infra-red signals and asking me to do dirty things to the door knobs at williams street.

finding nobody 04.04.2006 09:10 PM

oh yeeah. damn i forgot there was that many!

LifeDistortion 04.04.2006 09:32 PM

Remember that South Park episode "Simpsons Did It", saying how The Simpsons has been on so long it makes everything that's come before a rip-off? Yeah, well, South Park has turned into that too, its been on so long is it really that revelent any more?

HaydenAsche 04.04.2006 10:14 PM

I think this is good. I think Family Guy is horribly overrated. There are oh so many better television shows.

krastian 04.04.2006 10:45 PM

South Park makes fun of everything, that's what they do......nothing is safe.

Alex's Trip 04.04.2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
really? im sad to hear that. i havent seen many of the season 4 episodes. ive got season 1 & 2 on dvd. it's rather good.

Keep it that way. 1 & 2 are the only good ones. Although, I don't have 3.

But let me give you some adviceanyway, buy FUTURAMA!

finding nobody 04.04.2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Keep it that way. 1 & 2 are the only good ones. Although, I don't have 3.

But let me give you some adviceanyway, buy FUTURAMA!

yeah, i love futurerama! anyone catch the episode with beck as a guest star?

Alex's Trip 04.04.2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
yeah, i love futurerama! anyone catch the episode with beck as a guest star?

I have all 4 seasons :D