Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   theres a metal thread, so we need a hardcore thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2304)

sonictoofcake 05.28.2006 09:20 AM

theres a metal thread, so we need a hardcore thread

anyone dig some hardcore?

i enjoy some bane,kid dynamite, lifetime, count me out, minor threat, gorrilla biscuits, efforts made, shai hulud, floor punch, righteous jams, blacklisted, american nightmare/ give up the ghost, dag nasty, converge, and some more im just going blank , anyway

hardcore, disscuss

h8kurdt 05.28.2006 09:21 AM

Are we talking about dance music here?

alyasa 05.28.2006 09:33 AM

I don't think he's talking about the rave scene.

finding nobody 05.28.2006 09:34 AM

evergreen terrace

Everyneurotic 05.28.2006 11:54 AM

define hardcore.

if by hardcore you mean extreme punk from the early to mid 80's, then i love that crap: flag, minor threat, dks, circle jerks, ssd, dys, agnostic front, cro-mags, the dicks, d.r.i., c.o.c., siege, the fartz, the necros, the meatmen, negative approach, effigies, jfa, etc. my favorite form of punk rock.

if by hardcore you mean tough guy metal with mosh pit breakdowns, then i like some of it, yet i consider most of it metal, really: converge, cursed, force fed glass, saetia, union of uranus, universal order of armaggedon.

i think i've never heard happy hardcore/rave anthems.

krastian 05.28.2006 02:17 PM

DC hardcore, original Victory Records hardcore, Sick of It All, Agnostic Front etc etc etc.

Inhuman 05.28.2006 03:07 PM

We also need a Metalcore, sadcore, undercore, sludge metal, black metal, doom metal, nu-metal, and thrashXcore thread.

I'm not too big on the many divisions of metal, I just call all of it hardcore or metal; it pisses my metalhead friends off and it makes it easier to know what they all mean ^_^. I think by calling it one thing diversifies it enough! Converge is excellent, I have 2 t-shirts and I've seen them play with Cursed and Mare. Minor Threat is also great, I like all of MacKaye's projects.

It's nice to see other people that like Saetia here too. I don't mind them at all, and it's one of the few 'whiney' bands that I think sound amazing.

I smile that kind of icy blue smile...

Do you know Off Minor and Hot Cross Everyneurotic?

Savage Clone 05.28.2006 03:09 PM

A longtime favorite, "Bloodied But Unbowed" by D.O.A.:

I also retain love for GBH, Exploited, Discharge and Doom. I suppose Doom is "Crust," but screw it. If I'm going that route I will include Rudimentary Peni as well.

To me, Hardcore means Punk. Metal has enough subgenres.

nomadicfollower 05.28.2006 07:05 PM

Herion.

HaydenAsche 05.28.2006 07:38 PM

Heroin
Swing Kids
Converge
American Nightmare/Give Up The Ghost
Norma Jean's first cd
the Chariot

I like those ones. Local hardcore bands are decent, too. Dancing is fun.

atsonicpark 05.28.2006 07:39 PM

Get Tragedy - Vengeance.

Best tough guy hardcore whatever.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.28.2006 09:01 PM

Rites of Spring and Minor Threat.

Onani Nic 05.29.2006 03:12 AM

VOID is the shit. I really don't get into hardcore other than the first wave really, it gets pretty boring.

I'm hoping to get some Negative Approach soon