Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thank god for Miley Cyrus (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29717)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.06.2009 06:23 PM

Thank god for Miley Cyrus

So Radiohead refused to meet her at the Grammy's.

Fucking pretentious ass pricks. They're her favorite band.

So she's made a pledge to destroy them!

:D

Green Magnesium 03.06.2009 06:26 PM

Huh?

Miley's adorable. It's not her fault Disney (with the help of her daddy) have made her their new whore. She's a kid for christ's sake.

atsonicpark 03.06.2009 06:29 PM

Sadly, nowadays I'd probably rather listen to Miley than most of Radiohead's music.

Glice 03.06.2009 06:30 PM

The album Breakout is genuinely very good. Except Fly on the Wall. I have been completely caning it for a while now, and I'm starting to wonder if Miley is picking up the pieces of Avril's rubbish attempts to be a 'credible' artist and all that bollocks. Avril played drums when I saw her. POP FAIL.

I always end up hearing the new Radiohead record, and there's nearly always one brilliant song on it. But I'm not that faffed by them.

o'connor 03.06.2009 06:30 PM

if i was radiohead i wouldn't meet her either.

Green Magnesium 03.06.2009 06:36 PM

Yorke is just bitter about the fact that everyone keeps mistaking him for Clay Aiken.

joe11121 03.06.2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o'connor

\

So true.

Danny Himself 03.06.2009 07:04 PM

You hipsters are taking this irony thing a little too far.

Glice 03.06.2009 07:04 PM

From a Beck fan...

atsonicpark 03.06.2009 07:50 PM

Irony? There's not even a hint of irony in ANY of my posts. I really do prefer listening to Miley Cyrus over any Radiohead, except for maybe Kid A. That doesn't mean I find her to be much of a musician, let alone a RESPECTABLE musician... but, to me, she's certainly more INTERESTING to listen to than Radiohead. Just sayin'.

uhler 03.06.2009 08:11 PM

yeah her music is better than anything radiohead has done since "kid a". this coming from a guy who's favorite band was radiohead for about a year straight.

ZEROpumpkins 03.06.2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o'connor

This. Bitch thinks she can get what she wants.

Decayed Rhapsody 03.07.2009 01:34 AM

She's a racist cunt.

pbradley 03.07.2009 01:38 AM

I don't care what Miley/Radiohead/Beck/Scissor Shock think about Miley/Radiohead/Beck/Scissor Shock.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.07.2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
You hipsters are taking this irony thing a little too far.

I'm not being the ironic hipster here.

But it's just nice to see someone exposing Radiohead for the overly pretentious douchebags that they are.

I personally don't like her music, but if I was in some deified indie rock band and some young pop star wanted to meet me, I wouldn't snub her. Heck I'd party with her family, get trashed with her Dad, etc. I don't see people's problems with her or her Dad. They seem like really cool people.

Radiohead need to get the badger out of their ass and stop writing the same old sad songs again and again.

pbradley 03.07.2009 02:07 AM

Radiohead are a bunch of old English men.

You really hold it against a bunch of crabby old English men to not want to hang around an excited teenager?

The way I see it, my dad wouldn't be all that willing to hang out with Miley Cyrus but I wouldn't call him pretentious, just old.

Florya 03.07.2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
Radiohead are a bunch of old English men.

You really hold it against a bunch of crabby old English men to not want to hang around an excited teenager?

The way I see it, my dad wouldn't be all that willing to hang out with Miley Cyrus but I wouldn't call him pretentious, just old.

Well said.

Why the hell would they feel compelled to meet Billy Ray's progeny?
They're old enough to have been traumatised by 'Achy Breaky Heart'.

'Sins of the father.....' and all that.

davenotdead 03.07.2009 03:46 AM

old english men are all just crabby.

thom yorke needs to get his head out of his ass

Florya 03.07.2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
old english men are all just crabby.

thom yorke needs to get his head out of his ass

Actually, I think he should leave it in there.;)

PAULYBEE2656 03.07.2009 06:57 AM

what does she know, she is only barely out of nappies...just because she is famous and has a music based show...which sheisnt exactly yoko ono now is she...... fuck her...i dont give a shit what pedestal she puts herself on, she posed semi topless at the age of 15...thats real classy from her....and her parents...she aint a role model and she refused to meet radiohead....RADICAL my god she is really on the cutting edge isnt she....twat....