Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   me and Sarah Silverman (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4075)

silverfreepress (sdasher) 07.12.2006 02:34 PM

me and Sarah Silverman

or Steve Shelley finally plays the gong.

The show last night was something to see. And it was just that albeit a mini show. Much better than the Filter Mag party as the band was tighter and the temperature was Southern California outdoor night perfect.

The flaws were few. Waiting in Line against a metal fence for a hour with no drink vendor and the worst rapper in LA wearing a airbrushed t working the line that in hindsight wasn't that grueling.

And even the absurdity was funny. The Matt Pinnfield look-a-like hyping up the crowd who quite possibly had the best line from a SY stage ever. "You guys just got SONIC CRAZEEEEEEE!!!!" Thurston dancing during Lee's solo at the end of Catholic Block "another song about going to church" -after D.Y.B.I Rapture?

The sound was really pro and its the first time I noticed all the slide work from Kim and Lee. And for the first time ever I saw Steve play the gong that's been in the kit for years. (at the beginning of Pink Steam)

(ADDITION) The pre song radio play by Thurston was really right on. It was turned to this classical station which was playing this really building orchestral piece that lead into one of the songs. possibly WHat A WASTE

I'm a firm believer of cosmic activity and during Jams Run Free me and Sarah Silverman locked eyes and something magical happened. I'm not about to breakup her and Kimmel but you know how it is in the summer, things happen. It was just a moment amongst an evening of many (seeing my car w/o a ticket after the show/ driving along Mullholland Drive with the biggest moon of the year just sitting there/ and going to see the movie Brick.

Thanks guys.
Ssss

max 07.12.2006 02:58 PM

this is nice, real nice. glad you enjoyed yourself bro!!!

Rob Instigator 07.12.2006 03:09 PM

Ohhh I'd beat up Kimmel for a chnace to date sarah silverman.

Rob Instigator 07.12.2006 03:12 PM

noisemachine 07.12.2006 04:04 PM

Last night was very awesome. And seeing Sara there was cool too.

khchris(original) 07.12.2006 05:40 PM

she was probably looking at you wondering, "why is this person looking at me?"

toxic johnny 07.12.2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
It was just a moment amongst an evening of many (seeing my car w/o a ticket after the show/ driving along Mullholland Drive with the biggest moon of the year just sitting there/ and going to see the movie Brick.

Thanks guys.
Ssss

Thanks for painting a broader picture... you certainly ticked a few boxes on my 'I love LA' scoresheet.
I saw Brick earlier this year and loved it...
Wow... Brick, SY and the moon seen from Mulholland Dr. all in one evening... I'm going to spontaneously combust.

silverfreepress (sdasher) 07.12.2006 06:05 PM

No way dude. As I said it was a moment in time . Fireworks. Children stopped crying. You know brief serenity. I'm sure she'll mention it in her blog.

silverfreepress (sdasher) 07.12.2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic johnny
Thanks for painting a broader picture... you certainly ticked a few boxes on my 'I love LA' scoresheet.
I saw Brick earlier this year and loved it...
Wow... Brick, SY and the moon seen from Mulholland Dr. all in one evening... I'm going to spontaneously combust.

Yeh Brick was really cool. I mean the dialogue could have read so bad given a diferant context but everything just fit so tight.

The Pen in the minivan was my favorite scene. A fuckin' table lamp inside a red minivan? That's Spirit Award material right there my friend.....

toxic johnny 07.12.2006 06:18 PM

Yeah, I thought that that was a nice touch... I've always been fascinated by interesting customised interiors... or vans as crash pads. Perhaps because I've never had one of my own.

I had no problems with the dialogue either... once you take the leap of faith it really works, and the whole movie was shot so beautifully.

silverfreepress (sdasher) 07.12.2006 06:27 PM

You've never had a crash pad? Dude what are you waiting for? The world could end tomorrow. Is there not some British reality show ala' Build My Damn Crash Pad' you can contact?

Yeh the frames were' good. The way people would enter the fight scenes and the fights themselves were not standard.

The taking off ur shoes and sliding into that would be slasher. Smart.

kingcoffee 07.12.2006 07:31 PM

Damn, Sarah Silverman is hot!

kingcoffee 07.12.2006 07:32 PM

Too hot for Jimmy Kimmel.

Kallisti23chaos 07.16.2006 06:02 PM

ss

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

**yeah-- i'd bend her over and put a bag over her head*

HaydenAsche 07.16.2006 06:43 PM

Sarah Silverman and I

kingcoffee 07.16.2006 10:00 PM

I think Sarah Silverman is quite pretty. She's not model pretty. But she's realistically good looking.

kingcoffee 07.16.2006 10:04 PM

Anything and everything is ok as long as it's done through the hole in the sheet.

kingcoffee 07.16.2006 10:06 PM

She's eyeing you like she wants it.

static-harmony 07.17.2006 12:14 AM

She is good looking.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.17.2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
or Steve Shelley finally plays the gong.

The show last night was something to see. And it was just that albeit a mini show. Much better than the Filter Mag party as the band was tighter and the temperature was Southern California outdoor night perfect.

The flaws were few. Waiting in Line against a metal fence for a hour with no drink vendor and the worst rapper in LA wearing a airbrushed t working the line that in hindsight wasn't that grueling.

And even the absurdity was funny. The Matt Pinnfield look-a-like hyping up the crowd who quite possibly had the best line from a SY stage ever. "You guys just got SONIC CRAZEEEEEEE!!!!" Thurston dancing during Lee's solo at the end of Catholic Block "another song about going to church" -after D.Y.B.I Rapture?

The sound was really pro and its the first time I noticed all the slide work from Kim and Lee. And for the first time ever I saw Steve play the gong that's been in the kit for years. (at the beginning of Pink Steam)

(ADDITION) The pre song radio play by Thurston was really right on. It was turned to this classical station which was playing this really building orchestral piece that lead into one of the songs. possibly WHat A WASTE

I'm a firm believer of cosmic activity and during Jams Run Free me and Sarah Silverman locked eyes and something magical happened. I'm not about to breakup her and Kimmel but you know how it is in the summer, things happen. It was just a moment amongst an evening of many (seeing my car w/o a ticket after the show/ driving along Mullholland Drive with the biggest moon of the year just sitting there/ and going to see the movie Brick.

Thanks guys.
Ssss

I wonder if Jimmy heard the three hundred "You Fucking Suck Jimmy, you suck" s that I was chanting to Him through out the gig.