Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   British people of SYG: please DO NOT vote for Cameron. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39713)

Glice 05.05.2010 02:58 PM

British people of SYG: please DO NOT vote for Cameron.

Seriously. You'll be the death of us all.

I realise that most of you don't live in the same constituency as Cameron. That's immaterial. Any vote for the Tories is a vote for the destruction of all that is good and just in this world.

HE WILL KILL US ALL GIVEN HALF A CHANCE.

This is not a pro-Labour or Lib Dem post; this is an assertion that Cameron is the single most vile individual extant.

This article has disturbed me quite a lot.

Derek 05.05.2010 03:01 PM

Who do you plan to vote for Glice?

Glice 05.05.2010 03:04 PM

My vote is based on the constituency I'm in. I've always been told it's not polite to talk about your voting intentions. I am in a resolutely non-Tory seat though, so I'm relatively lucky. I will say there's not a hope in hell of my voting Tory.

Are you UK-based then? I always thought you were in the states.

!@#$%! 05.05.2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Who do you plan to vote for Glice?

need you ask?

radarmaker 05.05.2010 03:06 PM

I suspect there's only one person here who's likely to vote Tory, and this thread will have zero impact there.
I 100% concur with the sentiment though.

Derek 05.05.2010 03:11 PM

Glice, I'm from Scotland. I won't be old enough to vote till next year though.

Oh and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16TZGJnqh8

radarmaker 05.05.2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
I'm from Scotland.

Will you be accepting refugees come Friday?

Glice 05.05.2010 03:12 PM

I suspect you're right, but there are a few closet Tories about. Scum.

There's a few younger people here, and they tend to be the lowest turn-out. So I'm going to drop the whole "Oh, it's the internet" thing for a second and say, quite seriously, that it's really, really important that the young 'uns get out and vote.

[To radarmaker]

Pookie 05.05.2010 03:13 PM

I read that article earlier today. Scarey stuff indeed.

I shall be voting Labour in a town that has had a Tory MP for as long as I've been old enough to vote.

radarmaker 05.05.2010 03:17 PM

I'm fortunate to have never lived anywhere under a Tory MP, it's always been solid red. Newcastle East is tipped to go yellow this time though, along with a few others in Tyne & Wear.

Derek 05.05.2010 03:21 PM

As far as I'm aware Tories barely ever win any seats in Scotland anyway. It's been mainly Labour and SNP dominating my country.

Lurker 05.05.2010 03:40 PM

I definitely won't be voting Tory. That article is terrifying.

Toilet & Bowels 05.05.2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice

This article has disturbed me quite a lot.

fuck, we're doomed.

i'm the only person in my department at work (which to be fair is only 4 people, but still) who isn't going to vote tory tomorrow. one of the people in my department is gay, it boggles my mind that a gay person would vote for the tories.

knox 05.05.2010 04:04 PM

you are fucked. so sad.

Glice 05.05.2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
fuck, we're doomed.

i'm the only person in my department at work (which to be fair is only 4 people, but still) who isn't going to vote tory tomorrow. one of the people in my department is gay, it boggles my mind that a gay person would vote for the tories.

There's a gay fella I know who keeps posting pro-Tory things on facetwat. It's quite distressing.

Pookie 05.05.2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
you are fucked. so sad.

"You".

Are you fleeing? Have you fled?

SonicBebs 05.05.2010 04:13 PM

yeah i saw that article today too, fucked up
trouble is, labour have fucked up enough and fucked off enough people that i really think the torries will get in. But I'm just as scared that labour might stay in and get away with all the shit thats gone on.

Pookie 05.05.2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBebs
yeah i saw that article today too, fucked up
trouble is, labour have fucked up enough and fucked off enough people that i really think the torries will get in. But I'm just as scared that labour might stay in and get away with all the shit thats gone on.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree but would be interested to know what you mean by this.

space 05.05.2010 04:17 PM

where do I sign up??

Keeping It Simple 05.05.2010 05:06 PM

Up yours, you bolshy bastards. .