Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Radiohead, A Moon Shaped Pool: new album, out now (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113485)

dead_battery 05.29.2016 05:35 PM

talking about sounds you can hear with clicks is pointless

Severian 05.29.2016 05:37 PM

What?

_slavo_ 05.30.2016 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Are you seriously not seeing "deficiencies" in this thread?

I've been here a while. This thread represents a serious degradation in the quality of music criticism/appreciation and qualitative intent on the part of several long time posters. Very sad really. This forum has died.

This is my last post at this forum.

Love, Skuj.

cry me a river

louder 05.30.2016 06:41 AM

Some posts in this thread actually went pretty in depth on the album. It's too bad that Skuj preferred to focus on the "negative" (in his eyes).

Severian 05.30.2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
Some posts in this thread actually went pretty in depth on the album. It's too bad that Skuj preferred to focus on the "negative" (in his eyes).

Yeah, but overall the thread has done an astonishingly good job of avoiding discussion of AMSP... y'know... for a thread devoted to discussion of AMSP.

Genteel Death 05.31.2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah, but overall the thread has done an astonishingly good job of avoiding discussion of AMSP... y'know... for a thread devoted to discussion of AMSP.

So the thread has done a brilliant job at reviewing this particular record and you still sound surprised?

Severian 05.31.2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
So the thread has done a brilliant job at reviewing this particular record and you still sound surprised?

Nope. And nope. And nope.

pepper_green 05.31.2016 05:45 PM

i think he means that this thread has done an excellent job of reviewing an otherwise shitty, in his opinion, album that him and his cohorts have shitted on and the mess of unrelated goopaleekgoog spillage from the from the other end.

pepper_green 05.31.2016 06:01 PM

Genteel prefers Motorhead because he's a beer drinking all American sexy beast meat and potatoes type of homo.

Severian 05.31.2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
i think he means that this thread has done an excellent job of reviewing an otherwise shitty, in his opinion, album that him and his cohorts have shitted on and the mess of unrelated goopaleekgoog spillage from the from the other end.

Nah, he just has trouble with words. I said the thread had, for the most part, completely avoided discussion of the album, and what he read was "the thread's done a brilliant job of reviewing the album and I'm surprised!" ... But learning disabilities are no laughing matter, so let's try to have a heart for the old coot.

pepper_green 05.31.2016 08:40 PM

but Genteel is a legend? have you seen the dudes art? brilliant!

maybe he's just an Eeny meeny miny moe multiple choice asshole. look, the dude has it going on in different area codes. fuck him!! dead_battery is much more of a weirdo.

Diesel 06.02.2016 06:28 AM

The Bends YEA! It has got to be the best EVER concept album based on the real dangers and perils of deep-sea diving. Ever.

Severian 06.02.2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
The Bends YEA! It has got to be the best EVER concept album based on the real dangers and perils of deep-sea diving. Ever.

Hah!