Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Chevelle (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=105228)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.03.2014 08:51 PM

Chevelle

I realized I really like this band. I really liked their record "Wonder What's Next" and also "This Kind of Thinking Could Do Us In" but I decided that I'd dive into their back catalog of all the records I haven't checked out in the past ten years since those two came out and discovered I like ALL their records... possibly even to the extent of new top-10 favorite band.. any one else?

Savage Clone 03.03.2014 09:25 PM

Sorry, this stuff is indefensible NASCAR meathead garbage rock.

Bytor Peltor 03.03.2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone

Savage has such a way with words.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.03.2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Dude.. that is SO totally off-base, have you ever even listened to this band? I will totally admit that ten years ago because they were so radio and top-40 popular that I totally dissed them, but then 3 years ago I found a copy of Wonder What's Next in my sisters' CD pile and I checked it out. Its good shit. Totally not meathead metal in the slightest. Lyrically its WAY more emo than NASCAR folks could ever handle.. Its more like a more hardcore inspired kind of shoegaze

But you're free to your opinion so long as you don't mistake me for me a NASCAR meathead, which in case, even you my friend can totally fuck the fuck off ;)

Savage Clone 03.03.2014 11:54 PM

Never said you were, but the station in my area that played them in their heyday is pure Camaro Bro Zone action. And I heard the stuff back then. Forgive me for not investigating further, but can you blame me? The only thing more lowest common denominator than 90s nu-metal is insane clown posse.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.04.2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Never said you were, but the station in my area that played them in their heyday is pure Camaro Bro Zone action. And I heard the stuff back then. Forgive me for not investigating further, but can you blame me? The only thing more lowest common denominator than 90s nu-metal is insane clown posse.

No can't blame you at all, and I totally agreed with you, ten years ago when they were all over the radio. Again, I actually listened to the records and was ridiculously impressed.. well actually, what happened is I was watching deftones at the weenie roast streaming in 2010 and Chevelle played before them, and I caught the end of the set and was like, "wait, who the fuck was that??" Then a few weeks later I found the discs in my sisters' car and was like, "I'm going to check these out." TOTALLY NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING.. Its also totally not nu-metal, sounds more like hardcore meets shoegaze.. nu-metal sucks, even I couldn't possibly recommend that shit.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.04.2014 12:08 AM

oh yeah and their first record was recorded by Steve Albini

ann ashtray 03.12.2014 01:26 AM

I always thought they were a really bad christian rock band rip off of that really bad band Tool. At least that was the impression I had of them in high school.

ps. Steve Albini also recorded a Bush record.