Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dinosaur Jr...in store (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=37648)

RanaldoNecro 01.21.2010 10:48 AM

Dinosaur Jr...in store

Tonight at 6:30 on Bloor Street in Toronto....

http://www.sonicboommusic.com/

Rob Instigator 01.21.2010 11:46 AM

lucky

Jeremy 01.21.2010 04:10 PM

Imagine how loud they are in a record store. They're the loudest thing live, and they'll be playing somewhere half the size.

Still awesome though.

~Jeremy~

SonikJesus 01.27.2010 06:29 AM

saw clips of this on youtube. Did they have a temporary drummer for that gig or has murph actually grown his hair?

chicka 01.27.2010 02:52 PM

of the bands you younger folks have turned me on to, these guys are my least favorite. I think they play loud to cover up their deficiencies.

IntoTheGroovey 01.27.2010 06:50 PM

I saw them in Vancouver in November. We got to meet Barlow and it was the shit, and very loud.

Jeremy 01.27.2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
saw clips of this on youtube. Did they have a temporary drummer for that gig or has murph actually grown his hair?

Murph apparently couldn't get into Canada, so J and Lou had to find a replacement drummer for a few gigs.

~Jeremy~

SonikJesus 01.27.2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
of the bands you younger folks have turned me on to, these guys are my least favorite. I think they play loud to cover up their deficiencies.

I definately don't think that's true. J has written some awesome melodies. Have you heard ylaom? That recrd is so perfect. Their two newer ones are also great. Also, what deficiences do you mean? You can't deny J is an amazing guitarist, Lou plays the bass in a unique and awesome way too, and murph is a beast at drumming.

Rob Instigator 01.28.2010 09:48 AM

NO BONES

chicka 01.28.2010 01:09 PM

Well perhaps I'm judging them too soon. Perhaps I need to give them another listen. It's just that when I put Yo La Tengo and the Melvins on I left them on for repeat listenings. Pavement and Dino Jr. not so much

andrei 01.28.2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Well perhaps I'm judging them too soon. Perhaps I need to give them another listen. It's just that when I put Yo La Tengo and the Melvins on I left them on for repeat listenings. Pavement and Dino Jr. not so much

kinda same here. i never feel the urge to play a pavement or dino record, tho i appreciate the things they've done at some degree.

EVOLghost 01.28.2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Listen to You'er Living All Over Me.

Jeremy 01.28.2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Listen to You'er Living All Over Me.

And Slanted and Enchanted for Pavement.

~Jeremy~

atsonicpark 01.28.2010 06:16 PM

"Greetings. A small group of extremely cult underground metal personalities are looking to occupy a very grim house/shed/etc for a few months starting in February. Ideally there would be a basement or other subterranean lair suitable for rehearsal/recording for our colossal extreme doom/black metal supergroup, which is what we are going to the area to accomplish. It is okay if there is no running water as long as the dungeon is suitable for very cult metal. Electricity is not necessarily a must but nonetheless would be very convenient. Also it is necessary that there be some area where it would not be a problem to have torches burning eternally, as well as an occasional raging bonfire. It needs to be pointed out that we are all quite poor, and do not need some posh/modern/professional/clean/etc sort of place to live, simply a torture dungeon where we can turn up our amps loud and carry out sacrificial blessing rituals as well as epic strength training, at a cost that is not the result of fancy interiors and cool-looking anything. Let me know if you know anywhere that sounds like it might work. You can live with us there too, I suppose, as long as you are obscure and have a dark personality

Genteel Death 01.29.2010 07:19 AM

What do you get if you cross Dinosaur Jr with shit?

SonikJesus 01.30.2010 05:47 AM

Dinosaur shit?