Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Polvo this fall (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=53961)

Decayed Rhapsody 10.21.2011 04:01 PM

I shall listen to them exclusively this weekend. Like Thinking Fellers, I enjoy some of their guitar vocabulary, but their songs never quite resonated with me on the whole... maybe that'll change.

Jeremy 10.22.2011 12:21 AM

I never got too into Thinking Fellers aside from some stuff here and there. People compare them to Polvo all the time, but to me Polvo put more emphasis on the creation rather than the experimental nature, which Thinking Fellers did. Huge difference.

Rappard, you're the man. Loving that June 1996 show... already listened to it twice today. Thanks!

barrett 10.24.2011 12:02 AM

I will try to get some of your request, and more up tomorrow. I suck at uploading.
If you go to the 80's to 90's pages of the bootleg thread, I uploaded a few shows for rappard. I checked two days ago and they still worked.

barrett 10.24.2011 12:04 AM

Oh rappard, your 8-2011 is incredible. They sound in best form since New Dark Age.

rappard 10.27.2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrett
Oh rappard, your 8-2011 is incredible. They sound in best form since New Dark Age.

Thanks!

barrett 10.28.2011 02:02 AM

Jeremy, were you able to dig anything up from the past "bootleg thread" pages? If you still need a bunch of stuff, I can mail you DVDR's with a bunch of shows, If it's okay with rappard??? He's done lots of detective work to get these awesome shows. I have too.

rappard 10.28.2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Jeremy, were you able to dig anything up from the past "bootleg thread" pages? If you still need a bunch of stuff, I can mail you DVDR's with a bunch of shows, If it's okay with rappard??? He's done lots of detective work to get these awesome shows. I have too.

Yes, fine with me. Just pass along the usual request: NO mass distribution of any kind (BitTorrent, FTP, HTTP) - private (snail mail) trades are fine.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 10.29.2011 01:22 PM

So when does the new album come out?

I didn't like In Prism @ first, but seeing them live made me really appreciate it.

Jeremy 10.30.2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, some of it I had floating around on a different comp, but not all of it, so thanks! In particular I lost some of the things you two had posted a while ago, like their return Cat's Cradle show.

The new album *should* come out in Spring, hopefully before then. Apparently it's done and ready to go.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy 01.12.2013 08:29 AM

According to Mitch Easter, the new album is finished. I'm assuming Merge will put it out within this first quarter of the year.

Dr Chocolate 01.13.2013 01:33 AM

they better!
i've been jonesing for it since the 7" they put out

i also like TFUL282, but it's true they aint the same
and why is it M.O.A.S. is their worst album?

pad_023 08.07.2013 08:03 PM

https://soundcloud.com/mergerecords/...otal-immersion

New track!

Dr Chocolate 08.24.2013 11:33 AM

New album is out Oct 1st

Jeremy 09.26.2013 09:21 PM

Siberia is fairly solid. Water Wheel and Light, Raking are up there with some of their finest and the other two Ash songs are decent, but Dave's songs fall really flat, with Ancient Grains being probably the worst Polvo song.

Better than Shapes, not as nearly as good as In Prism.

pad_023 10.09.2013 02:23 PM

Pretty disappointed with the new album, nowhere near as good as In Prism.

Some tracks sound way to close to something I'd expect to hear on classic rock radio.