Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Show Your Bones (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3020)

truncated 06.15.2006 02:25 PM

Show Your Bones

I have always defended a liking for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs; for the most part, I love Karen O's voice, and Fever to Tell was an enjoyable album in its rawness and simplicity. Not a terribly innovative band, but they were 'fun' to listen to, and their aspirations didn't overstep the merits of their music.

I've just listened to Show Your Bones, and I hereby rescind every positive remark I've ever made about them. They can hereby suck perspiring donkey sack.

To the members of SY who will never read this, and would rightly disregard my peon opinion anyhow: You're scaring me. Whatever hallucinogenic substances you are digesting that are inspiring your choices of bands to tour with, they are not the good kind. Surely you have been advised that you never buy ingestable goods from men named Slim. Stop it. Stop it now.

Savage Clone 06.15.2006 02:26 PM

Meow!

porkmarras 06.15.2006 02:29 PM

One-trick-pony

m^a(t)h 06.15.2006 02:38 PM

the dvd of them is great, and brian chase is a very skilled jazzy drummer as well as experimental drummer. The intro in Miles Away on the dvd is very creative...

But your right, they suck.

Trasher02 06.15.2006 03:20 PM

Good album
Gold lion = good song
fever to tell has great songs.

!@#$%! 06.15.2006 03:22 PM

oh that album is shit.

unlistenable. can't stand her overproduced overpolished countried out vocals.

pig vomit.

truncated 06.15.2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh that album is shit.

unlistenable. can't stand her overproduced overpolished countried out vocals.

pig vomit.

In spite of the fact that I agree with you, your opinion on her vocals is worthless, given your affinity for Sleater-Kinney.

truncated 06.15.2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Good album
Gold lion = good song
fever to tell has great songs.

Hush. You are mentally diseased. Gold Lion is the WORST song on that album.

!@#$%! 06.15.2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
In spite of the fact that I agree with you, your opinion on her vocals is worthless, given your affinity for Sleater-Kinney.

hah ha, you fool. :D

sleater-kinney rocks like fuck.

HaydenAsche 06.15.2006 04:23 PM

I liked it the first week I had it. Hell, I even liked it more than Fever To Tell but after listening to it more I fucking hate taht record.

The worst song on Fever To Tell > The whole of Show Your Bones

They should have just covered themselves. I would have bought that.

PAULYBEE2656 06.15.2006 04:30 PM

i actually agree totally with hayden. i loved it when i heard it first and now cant stand it. its wierd, i find it so boring. fever to tell is a great album tho!

put the music before the fashion karen and you will be cool again. i do like nick and brian (?) as musicians tho

!@#$%! 06.15.2006 04:32 PM

i got an instant rash in my ears when i first heard it. from the opening bars. i'm sensitive that way. :D

screamingskull 06.15.2006 04:38 PM

i went to see them on their Fever to tell tour and their Show your bones tour, and they were far far far better on the fever to tell tour. Karen O was great. really energetic and she lloked like she was having a really great time, on the Show your bones tour she looked tired and sad.

kingcoffee 06.15.2006 04:47 PM

Fuck the Yeah Yeah Yeah's.

kingcoffee 06.15.2006 05:02 PM

But don't harsh on SY too much. Really good bands have played with really shitty bands before. Hell, Flaming Lips toured with Candlebox. The Lips have released 6 brilliant records one after the other (In A Priest Driven Ambulance, 1990, Hit To Death In the Future Head, 1991, Transmissions form the Satellite Heart, 1993, Clouds Taste Metallic, 1995, Zaireeka, 1997, The Soft Bulletin, 1999, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, 2002). And now where is Candlebox? Nowhere.

Glice 06.15.2006 05:26 PM

I couldn't stand fever to tell at first. And at second. In fact it was only earlier this year I realised it had some good songs. Perhaps by the end of the year perhaps I'll have bought the album.

By this rate, I reckon I should be able to comment on the current album by about 2008. Get back to me then.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 06.15.2006 05:28 PM

I hate pop-ups

Alex's Trip 06.15.2006 05:28 PM

I saw Sleater Kinney and the YYY's one after the other...lol

...the new album is okay, better than most of the mainstream stuff out now. I say good on the YYY's for making some good mainstream music. But yes this album sucks in comparison to Fever To Tell.

Oh and I think Cheated Hearts is a cool song...

val-holla-ing 06.15.2006 06:19 PM

the yeah yeah yeahs wouldn't be so bad if karen o cut her stupid fucking hair. i guess it would've helped if they hadn't tried jumping on this whole "indie-alt-folk-country" bandwagon, too. still, her haircut fucking irks me.

Hip Priest 06.15.2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
've just listened to Show Your Bones, and I hereby rescind every positive remark I've ever made about them. They can hereby suck perspiring donkey sack.

there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents etc etc.