Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

!@#$%! 06.10.2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
One of my favourite TV programmes still remains QI on the BBC. Even in the reruns of two years ago that are currently broadcast. The fun fact I learned from the episode I just watched, titled Night:

Humans do have the hibernation genes, but they are dormant.

very funny! thanks!

!@#$%! 06.10.2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

One of my favourite TV programmes still remains QI on the BBC. Even in the reruns of two years ago that are currently broadcast. The fun fact I learned from the episode I just watched, titled Night:

Humans do have the hibernation genes, but they are dormant.

wow i am trying to reply to this and it's not updating

Severian 06.11.2021 07:57 AM

Handmaid’s Tale season 4 is good but losing me a bit.

I hear the show-runners want to make TEN seasons?
Nah, this story needs to get wrapped up soonish.

!@#$%! 06.20.2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Handmaid’s Tale season 4 is good but losing me a bit.

I hear the show-runners want to make TEN seasons?
Nah, this story needs to get wrapped up soonish.

idk where this is going but the latest episode was... delicious :D :D :D

Severian 06.23.2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
idk where this is going but the latest episode was... delicious :D :D :D

I haven’t watched the last episode of S4 yet, but
I forget, have you read The Testaments? Atwood’s sequel, released just a couple years ago?
I read it as soon as it came out and I LOVED it. Better writing than the original book, in my opinion, and a cracking good story.

I really want the show to hurry up and get there if it’s ever going to.

scwxx77 07.15.2021 07:17 AM

I'm watching Monster, a bizarre Norse murder series. Also rewatching Deep Space 9, into series 2 atm. And slowly going through Joe Pera Talks with You, savouring every one.

Rob Instigator 08.02.2021 03:52 PM

TRUST on HULU, about the Getty family

Rob Instigator 08.02.2021 03:52 PM

TRUST on HULU, about the Getty family

!@#$%! 08.10.2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I haven’t watched the last episode of S4 yet, but
I forget, have you read The Testaments? Atwood’s sequel, released just a couple years ago?
I read it as soon as it came out and I LOVED it. Better writing than the original book, in my opinion, and a cracking good story.

I really want the show to hurry up and get there if it’s ever going to.

oh no i didnt.

sorry for the massive delay replying but the board is busted

anyway i was coming here to post this stuff im watching

very fucking good. i watched the first one and now im in the middle of the second one and i'm hooked. if you liked "the americans" this should be right up your alley.

only catch is that it's in german, with subtitles, so if tired from a day at the computer it might fatigue the eyes.

tw2113 08.21.2021 01:06 PM

Been working through Brooklyn Nine Nine season 6 after a long time away from the show.

tw2113 08.29.2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
Been working through Brooklyn Nine Nine season 6 after a long time away from the show.

Finished season 7, so now to eventually finish up 8 once it's completed.

!@#$%! 09.02.2021 02:46 PM

missed during its original run but i've been watching LODGE 49 lately. some very good music including a bunch of BROADCAST tracks.

here's an interview with the show's music supervisor

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/an-int...tom-patterson/

pity it was cancelled. nevertheless worth a look.

Rob Instigator 09.02.2021 03:13 PM

Watching Reservation Dogs on HULU. From Taika Waititi. Also, the new season of What We Do In The Shadows premieres tonite!!!

tw2113 09.03.2021 01:44 AM

Worked through 4 out of 6 of "The Lost Pirate Kingdom" on Netflix. 2nd rewatch overall.

!@#$%! 09.06.2021 06:01 PM

OMAR WALKING

goddamn...

!@#$%! 09.08.2021 01:32 PM

on a lighter note, been laughing my ass off watching RAMY lately

just began with season 1. great writing, and ok the guy got "best actor"? why not. to me it looks like he's playing himself.

reminds me of "louie" a lot, and it has to be said, before the fapping scandals or whatever, that show was great too. anyway this would be a younger muslim version of that, in a way. it's fucking great, just check it out some time.

_tunic_ 09.09.2021 04:28 AM

The Fallet series on NetFlix is a parody/satire on all the Scandinavian/British/anywhere crime series. Some scenes are a bit too dumb, but overall it's very well written and well acted too.

One of the main characters, the guy on the left, also plays the chimp in The Umbrella Academy which I started watching some time ago but never finished. Perhaps I should, should I?

Rob Instigator 09.09.2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
on a lighter note, been laughing my ass off watching RAMY lately

just began with season 1. great writing, and ok the guy got "best actor"? why not. to me it looks like he's playing himself.

reminds me of "louie" a lot, and it has to be said, before the fapping scandals or whatever, that show was great too. anyway this would be a younger muslim version of that, in a way. it's fucking great, just check it out some time.

good show, but wait til he fucks his cousin

Rob Instigator 09.09.2021 03:28 PM

Re: Ramy, wait until he fucks his cousin.

!@#$%! 09.09.2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

The Fallet series on NetFlix is a parody/satire on all the Scandinavian/British/anywhere crime series. Some scenes are a bit too dumb, but overall it's very well written and well acted too.

One of the main characters, the guy on the left, also plays the chimp in The Umbrella Academy which I started watching some time ago but never finished. Perhaps I should, should I?

hah, that chimp guy (lol obvious who) is also on lodge 49

so this is like wallander or something?

btw u have dupe post...

hulu is raising price which gives me an excuse to pause subscription and visit netflix a bit...

--

guys guys guys erase your duplicates. they're getting the thread stuck. i had to go and nuke an ancient post to let it all rip again.

eta: hahahahahaaa ramy!