Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

mangajunky 11.07.2007 10:06 AM

Help!

she is not what she seems

John catches up on his reading

!@#$%! 11.10.2007 06:20 PM

some earthsea crap movie made by the scifi channel; it was crap, poorly acted, cheesy in general; after 20 minutes of disappointment i proceeded to ignore the thing while i did some work in front of the tv. i could retell the plot, it was kind of obvious shit. i thought it was going to be science fiction & they give me some sword and sorcery shit-- no fair.

!@#$%! 11.10.2007 06:29 PM

oh shit i almost forgot, after that, i saw
Einstuerzende Neubauten: Palast Der Republik (2004) <-- i had to copypaste that, i cant spell german

it's available for instant online viewing @ netflix-- i shit you not-- & the sound is pretty good!!

nicfit 11.11.2007 07:46 AM

Death Proof
Dead Man's Shoes

Death Proof was waaaaay more funny and interesting than what I expected after hearing some of my friends' "reviews".
Dead Man's Shoes is really nice, except for the ending...

!@#$%! 11.11.2007 07:29 PM

more netflix instant downloads-- hurray

perfect lazy hangover cure afternoon movie

!@#$%! 11.12.2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
was thinking -although it wont happen- to stop watching for awhile thriller movies. we watched far too many this weekend and dont wanna feel that way when i go back to my home at night. mostly trashy movies as always, but this seemed very! promising at start. actually it was good, but liked only the first half. nice photography and good acting too. well it was spanish.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430164/
the first scary scene -whoever has seen it will understand- made 2 out of 3 of us scream. unless we all screamed, but the 3rd person screamed with lower voice.

ha ha ha. the title is "movies that keep you from sleeping: the child's bedroom"

--

last night i saw "this filthy word" which is a recorded performance of john waters talking about himself. funny & if you love his movies you'll enjoy this

mangajunky 11.12.2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
last night i saw "this filthy word" which is a recorded performance of john waters talking about himself. funny & if you love his movies you'll enjoy this

John Waters will be performing live @ the Asbury Lanes in Asbury Park, NJ. I'm not sure of the date but it's supposed to be a "Holiday Show".

nomowish 11.14.2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Death Proof was waaaaay more funny and interesting than what I expected after hearing some of my friends' "reviews".

The best scene Tarantino's ever filmed: the expression of awe on Rosario Dawson's face as she watches Zoe Bell ride atop the speeding car. The scene gave me goosebumps and it still gives me goosebumps whenever I think about it.

:::

nicfit 11.15.2007 05:05 AM

"This is England"
great, even if predictable, to an extent.

jon boy 11.15.2007 05:11 AM

the exorcist - note to self, dont eat while watching this.

h8kurdt 11.22.2007 04:53 AM

Die Hard with a vengence. It ruled as much as ever. I also watched Say Anything and that wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

Norma J 11.22.2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
"This is England"
great, even if predictable, to an extent.

I posted this a few pages ago in this thread.

It was a good film, but abit "is that it?".

Tokolosh 11.22.2007 05:01 AM

Good film. I didn't expect it to be so graphically violent.
Not for kids.

Torn Curtain 11.22.2007 06:11 AM

English title: "The Edge of Heaven"

Very good but not very joyful. The director seems to be influenced by Almodovar and Kieślowski.

nicfit 11.22.2007 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
I posted this a few pages ago in this thread.

It was a good film, but abit "is that it?".

yep. the endings are not the things this director does best (see Dead Man's Shoes too), but all in all it's beautifully shot and the actors are really great. It's not a movie that will change your life or anything, but it's highly enjoyable overall. Innit?

willy 11.22.2007 07:45 AM

4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days; a rumanian movie about abortion.

gualbert 11.22.2007 10:44 AM

The lady vanishes. by hitchcock.
A movie worth watching and re-watching

jon boy 11.22.2007 10:51 AM

a documentary called dark end of the street about heroin addicts in san francisco, bleak but interesting.

davenotdead 11.22.2007 12:20 PM

amazing

EyeballGrowth 11.22.2007 02:10 PM

Shaolin Soccer