Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sacred Trickster for Download (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30388)

deflinus 04.24.2009 05:48 PM

you guys think too much.

GeneticKiss 04.24.2009 07:48 PM

Good track, but ends too soon...much like 100% and Starfield Road before it.

Kyohan 04.25.2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stophereyes
I think these are easily some of Kim's worst lyrics,

I don't know; I listened to Dirty the other day for the first time in a few years (its not exactly my fav SY album) and some of Kim's songs on there really are appalling. In fact, Youth Against Fascism aside, she pretty much has all the turkeys on the album. Swimsuit Issue is particularly clumsy and awful. This is unusual, because I usually particularly like Kim's songs.
Back on topic, after 10 or so listens, I really like Sacred Trickster. It'll be interesting to see how it sits with the rest of the album.

Jef Mertens 04.25.2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyohan
I don't know; I listened to Dirty the other day for the first time in a few years (its not exactly my fav SY album) and some of Kim's songs on there really are appalling. In fact, Youth Against Fascism aside, she pretty much has all the turkeys on the album. Swimsuit Issue is particularly clumsy and awful. This is unusual, because I usually particularly like Kim's songs.
Back on topic, after 10 or so listens, I really like Sacred Trickster. It'll be interesting to see how it sits with the rest of the album.

Actually Kim's songs on Dirty are some of the best tracks. JC On The Strip Crémee Brulée

Kyohan 04.25.2009 09:59 AM

I like Orange Rolls..., and On the Strip is pretty good, but I'm really not keen on the rest. Wish Fulfillment is probably the only song on Dirty that I really like.

joe11121 04.25.2009 10:35 AM

JC is gold.
But, on topic, Sacred Trickster rocks!

Count Mecha 04.25.2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
Actually Kim's songs on Dirty are some of the best tracks. JC On The Strip Crémee Brulée

Word. Kim rocks that album, except for maybe Shoot. I'm not that fond of that one.

As for Sacred Trickster, it's a winner in my book, can't wait for the album.

Danny Himself 04.25.2009 02:30 PM

I think the vocal could've done without that crappy reverb. Maybe it'd be more suited to a distorted payphone effect or just anything with a bit of edge to it. The reverb on the vox just doesn't gel with the immediate, skronky riffs, it feels like the vocal track is from a completely different song or something. That's my only real problem with this track.

mil_pl 04.26.2009 03:24 PM

so, we are waitng for tuesday, huh?

krastian 04.27.2009 07:18 PM

I think it's a pretty rockin' tune. Hopefully they play it loud as fuck live.

nicfit 06.04.2009 03:18 PM

link on the homepage.
how long has it been there?