Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

static-harmony 10.24.2006 05:08 AM

What kind of diseases you carry around your neck?

king_buzzo 10.24.2006 05:25 AM

ecefxamxraxixrx09mrxgsrUKDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGdgdGD GD

Hip Priest 10.24.2006 02:29 PM

It's National Curry Week, you know.

Hip Priest 10.27.2006 02:30 PM

What happened next?

Interview by Carl Wilkinson
Sunday October 27, 2002
The Observer

Name: Mathias Rust
Date: 28 May, 1987
Place: Red Square, Moscow
Facts: German-born Mathias Rust, 34, made headlines as a 19-year-old when he landed a Cessna light aircraft in Red Square. He was sentenced to four years in a Soviet labour camp and served 432 days. He returned to Hamburg in 1988, where he now lives with his second wife, Athena

I got my private pilot's license in autumn 1986.

I was 19 and very political. I was interested in relations between East and West, particularly the Reykjavik meeting between Gorbachev and Reagan. I realised that the aircraft was the key to peace. I could use it to build an imaginary bridge between East and West. I didn't tell anybody about my plan because I was convinced my family or friends would stop me. I didn't think much about what would happen afterwards. My main focus was on my mission to get there and land. I believed that something would work out.

I hired a Cessna in Hamburg and flew to Moscow via Helsinki in May 1987. My plan was to land in Red Square, but there were too many people and I thought I'd cause casualties. I had thought about landing in the Kremlin, but there wasn't enough space. I wanted to choose somewhere public, because I was scared of the KGB. I approached Red Square three times, trying to find somewhere to land, before discovering a wide bridge nearby. I landed there and taxied into Red Square. As it turned out, the day I chose - 28 May - was the holiday of the border patrol. I suspect that's how I got away with it.

My landing caused plenty of confusion. People came up and surrounded the plane and soon the police arrived to take me away. The defence and air defence ministers were both replaced and more than 2,000 officers lost their jobs. I was sentenced to four years in a labour camp, but spent my time in the interrogation prison because the KGB couldn't guarantee my safety.

I was locked up for 22 hours a day in a 10sq-metre cell, but at least nobody could harm me.

My parents came to visit every two months and brought plenty of books. I had one companion. He was a teacher from the Ukraine who spoke English so we could communicate a bit. I learnt a few Russian words, but it was hard to concentrate. Imprisonment hit me so hard - much harder than I had thought.

After my trial, my flying club got permission to bring the plane back to Germany. It was originally worth about 75,000DM [£24,000], and I think they sold it for 160,000DM [£51,000]. It's owned by a Japanese businessman who's stored it waiting for the value to go up. He compared it to Charles Lindbergh's aircraft!

Arriving home in Germany was difficult, as I faced a lot of negative media attention. It affected me badly: I lost 10Kg and had stomach problems. It took the legs out from under me. I couldn't go out for weeks because there was always someone shouting at me in the street, and I received many death threats. My parents were angry, but they were relieved that I was in good condition. They had been afraid the Russians would torture me. They told me not to do it again! You have to be young to be able to do things like that. Now I'm more cautious. I'm proud that I was able to do what I did - psychologically it was a great wall to climb - but sometimes I regret it.

My problems came to a head in 1989. Everyone in Germany does a period of obligatory service in the community, and I was doing mine in a local hospital. I met a young nurse and wanted to invite her for coffee. We were in the changing room and I think she was scared. I asked whether she wanted to go out with me, but she started to curse and offend me. It caused a blackout.

I ended up injuring her with a knife I had on me. I can't really remember what happened.

I later worked out with the psychologists that my encounter with her must have triggered off something. I'm a peaceful person, but all the anger and aggression that was stored up came pouring out. She got a flesh wound - but she was in the hospital, which was good luck. I'm very sorry.

I was sentenced to two years, but I was released after five months. After that I couldn't show my face outside. I lost my identity and balance. I was still living with my parents, and they were my only friends. For so many people, this thing with the nurse was confirmation that I must be mad or mentally ill. I moved away for three years and went to Trinidad where I met my wife, Athena.

I now work for a finance company in Luxembourg with projects in South America and the Caribbean. I don't have my pilot's licence anymore, but I'm still very political. My newest idea is Orion and Isis (www.mathiasrust.com) - a kind of think-tank. We're currently working on a plan to find peace for the Middle East. I'm going to Israel at the end of October to get in touch with some key people. All Orion and Isis members are anonymous - it works better that way. It allows everyone to work together without jealousy or personal issues. Currently I have about 25 people involved - scientists, former Nobel Peace Prize winners. Top people capable of finding solutions.

Once this key conflict is eased, it will have a huge impact on the world. It will take time to find a solution. It's similar to the situation between East and the West at the time of my flight. Then the Cold War finished and then Germany reunified. I think the flight triggered it, because it gave Gorbachev the chance to get rid of those military hardliners. I'm still convinced that my idea was the right one. It showed anything is possible.

king_buzzo 10.27.2006 03:30 PM

BORAT!!!! I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE

Prisstina 10.31.2006 05:11 PM

omg being random is so cool

Inhuman 10.31.2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisstina
omg being random is so cool

sexing up mufflers in the backroads of California...

Trasher02 10.31.2006 08:10 PM

Jagshemash!
I look for male friend, no sexy time.

Inhuman 10.31.2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Jagshemash!
I look for male friend, no sexy time.

he needs a rotary

Trasher02 10.31.2006 08:36 PM

How do you call men that go bang bang bang in other man anoos?

_slavo_ 11.02.2006 05:54 AM

HOW TO COOK HUNGARIAN SAUSAGES
Take as many fresh links as needed and place in a heavy frying pan with a cover. Pour water over the sausages so the links are in 1/2 inch of water. Cover.Start the water to a slow boil, turn down the heat and simmer the sausage in the water until the sausage starts to take on color. Turn the sausage over and add a little more water to keep it from burning. When both sides are brownish, leave the cover off and continue cooking slowly to cook away any remaining water.The sausage should be a nice rich red brown. The aroma will be heavenly.
Dried and smoked sausage is used like pepperonni.
My brother Frank Wischler carries on the tradition of sausage making. He makes Italian sausage by leaving out the PAPRIKA and the ALLSPICE. Use 2 ounces of whole fennel seed instead.

Jico 11.02.2006 06:06 AM

It's official: South Korean women can now wear miniskirts

Agence France-Presse
Last updated 12:33pm (Mla time) 11/02/2006

SEOUL -- South Korea's "fashion police," who prowled the streets in the 1970s measuring the length of women's skirts, will soon officially be consigned to oblivion.

Showing too much skin in public places will no longer be classed as indecent exposure and will be deleted from the Minor Offense Act, the National Police Agency has said.

The provision has not been enforced for years, and a police agency spokesman quoted by Thursday's Korea Times said it was one of several out-of-date rules which would be abolished.

Also among the rules set to be scrapped are mismanagement of chimney sweeping and false writing of pawnshop books.

The miniskirt rule dates back to the military dictatorship of the 1970s, when long-haired men could also be stopped in the street and forced to undergo an instant haircut.

South Korea became a democracy in 1987 and most of the authoritarian restrictions under the minor offenses act have been scrapped since then.

In keeping with the times, a majority of the offences under the act this year covered smoking in prohibited places.

Jico 11.02.2006 06:34 AM

asterias 11.02.2006 07:53 AM

I had a lab session with shark and rays yesterday. we were like, "wee, I touched a shark, I touched a shark!! \8D/ "

Inhuman 11.02.2006 10:40 AM

Look, you can buy livestock
http://www.usedottawa.com/classifieds/livestock

atari 2600 11.02.2006 01:14 PM

Car vs. Telephone Wires in Texas

photos by Christopher J. Hill

On June 13, 2004, at approximately 8:30 AM, Community Volunteer Fire Department's Engine 2 and Ambulance 2 were dispatched to the intersection of Alief-Clodine Road and Metro Boulevard in Southwest Harris County, Texas for the report of a car versus telephone pole.
Upon arrival, the engine company found a vehicle still running, hanging on the telephone wires by its right front tire.
Witnesses reported that the car had been traveling westbound on Alief-Clodine when the driver lost control of the vehicle, crossed the median, and made contact with the guide wire from the ground to the telephone pole, propelling the vehicle upward onto the wires.
Witnesses also reported that the driver jumped down from the vehicle and ran to catch a bus prior to the arrival of Engine 2 and the Harris County Sheriff's Department.
The vehicle ran for over an hour until the oil had completely drained from the motor and it seized.
Several wreckers and a Southwestern Bell crew removed the vehicle from its perch.

jon boy 11.02.2006 01:27 PM

its snowing.

Savage Clone 11.02.2006 01:35 PM

CHOUT 11.02.2006 03:34 PM

Claire's meth date.

Hip Priest 11.02.2006 03:45 PM

^ Never seen it.

Why do so many American radio stations have initials like W, X and K in the names? Do they signify something?

atari 2600 11.02.2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
^ Never seen it.

Why do so many American radio stations have initials like W, X and K in the names? Do they signify something?

'W' is for "wireless."

That's a good question.

I found this:
http://nelson.oldradio.com/origins.html

static-harmony 11.02.2006 06:26 PM

I am not voting for a democratic governor although I am a democrat.

Jico 11.03.2006 03:29 PM

Harry Partch

Vodka Goblin 11.03.2006 03:38 PM

Fukkin daft fukkin elves yeh they think they lyke ded gud n all but they not, they just fukkin crap n HEY THATS LYKE DED TRUE N ALL n i kno its tru cos me mayte jaffi 'the professer' sez its tru n he knos lyke evryfin he's lyke ded ded ded ded clevver he can cownt up to TWELVE ryte lyke wenevver y'want he can do it n he onli maykes a cupple of mistaykes so the message ryte is DAFT FUKKIN ELVES FUKKIN SUK oh its not reely irellievents tho its ded important but i'm tellin yus enniway hey lissen THE GOBLIN'S GOTTA GO FOR NOW SO LYKE LUV N ALL N BE NYCE an of yeh ITS GETTIN COLD LYKE ALL A BIT LYKE WINTER SO REMEMBER TO PUT SUM FOOD OWT FOR THE BIRDS AN THE LITTEL ANNIMALS n dont forget to throw stiks at elves to n evryfin n evryfin ha ha ryte bye.

Jico 11.03.2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vodka Goblin
Fukkin daft fukkin elves yeh they think they lyke ded gud n all but they not, they just fukkin crap n HEY THATS LYKE DED TRUE N ALL n i kno its tru cos me mayte jaffi 'the professer' sez its tru n he knos lyke evryfin he's lyke ded ded ded ded clevver he can cownt up to TWELVE ryte lyke wenevver y'want he can do it n he onli maykes a cupple of mistaykes so the message ryte is DAFT FUKKIN ELVES FUKKIN SUK oh its not reely irellievents tho its ded important but i'm tellin yus enniway hey lissen THE GOBLIN'S GOTTA GO FOR NOW SO LYKE LUV N ALL N BE NYCE an of yeh ITS GETTIN COLD LYKE ALL A BIT LYKE WINTER SO REMEMBER TO PUT SUM FOOD OWT FOR THE BIRDS AN THE LITTEL ANNIMALS n dont forget to throw stiks at elves to n evryfin n evryfin ha ha ryte bye.

ok...
yeah, goodbye Mr.

nicfit 11.03.2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i miss buffy.

as i said in another thread, you're offcially my soulmate.

i'm trying to make up my mind on a thread idea i had today.

static-harmony 11.03.2006 03:46 PM

I sometimes miss god.

nicfit 11.03.2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Favourite Buffy?The operatic one!

"it might be bunnies!"....yeah,that,the one with the gentlemen (hush) and many many more good ones......life's a peach sometimes.

nicfit 11.03.2006 04:16 PM

help : i'm searching for a picture of kathleen hannah (sp?) i used to have,in that photo she's wearing a scarf that looks like a piano keyboard. this has nothing to do with her music, so please do not start discussing bikini kill, le tigre, julie ruin etc.etc. thanks for your help.

Gulasch Noir 11.04.2006 09:13 AM

one for the "viriles" of us

EMMAh 11.04.2006 10:35 AM

Static static static

nicfit 11.05.2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/422/scarf8mr.jpg

this one?

thing with buffy is that finished season7 the other day and was even thinking to go back to your buffy thread and although had plan to rewatch season7 or start with angel, all that are still sort of sad things to do! hehe

yep,that one (or another out of the same photo shoot) but that's a really small one (the same one i could manage to find) and i used to have a much bigger version....but thanks for the effort! ;)

PAULYBEE2656 11.05.2006 07:38 AM

tweetercore

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 06:52 PM

"Cambodia's so-called 'national animal' never even existed in the first place!", it is proposed.

Gosh.

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 06:54 PM

"Hey! Listen to this! We've just found a dolphin WITH LEGS, or something" claim exited Japanese researchers.

Double gosh.

Danny Himself 11.06.2006 06:57 PM

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 06:57 PM

"We know how to cut a cake just right, so yah boo sucks!" scream Austrain scientists with nothing better to do.

Triple gosh.

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself

Who he?

Danny Himself 11.06.2006 06:59 PM

Look in the newest page in the 'post yr picture' thread.

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 07:00 PM

Oh so? I shall, Danny. I shall.