Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Slow Revolution (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=22554)

Everyneurotic 06.15.2008 11:36 AM

fucking throwaway track, nice first crack at it, needs another two years to develop.

dazedcola 06.15.2008 01:28 PM

I like this song its got a real nice, mellow feel to it like a good yo la tengo track.

SYRFox 06.15.2008 01:35 PM

Hmm I really like the intro, the rest of the song is okay I guess, some of it is really nice and some of it just meh, it sounds really Sonic Youth.

Everyneurotic 06.15.2008 01:36 PM

sorry, but you make yo la tengo sound mediocre saying that.

an ok track by yola is ten million times better than this.

tasteinmen 06.15.2008 02:00 PM

sorry, but you make sonic youth sound like a bag of shite who are out to rob their fans with the way you've reacted to this song and album.
So if you're going to express your opinions in the most prominent, in your face manner then you need to accept other peoples opinions that differ to yours.

Besides that, I personally like the song, and I think the tracklisting works very well on this album, i've been listening it over and over again in my car, just wish I could get my hands on a physical copy.

Everyneurotic 06.15.2008 05:08 PM

i think it's a shit track that's way below their standards and doesn't deserve comparisons to ylt.

and yeah, i think hits are for nerds is a ripoff, perhaps sy aren't the ones doing the direct robbing but it's a ripoff for whoever has the full lenght albums and still pays for it.

greenlight 06.15.2008 05:30 PM

I like that song, but agree with fact that they should come with something fresher than RR sounding, I want something new from typical SY sounds.

by the way Diamond Sea deserve to be on hits compilation. I wonder why it's not there (in context of great hits like). yeah, I know it's on Destroyed Room, but anyway.

This Is Not Here 06.15.2008 05:31 PM

Lovely track. Pretty out there, I like the fact Kim is pretty much inaudiable, her voice is just floating out there behind the guitar work, very good indeed- and not what I was expecting of a fairly 'lowest common denominator' compilation. Rather Ripped was crying out for a track this structureless and meandering.

Thankyou SY

pbradley 06.15.2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasteinmen
sorry, but you make sonic youth sound like a bag of shite who are out to rob their fans with the way you've reacted to this song and album.
So if you're going to express your opinions in the most prominent, in your face manner then you need to accept other peoples opinions that differ to yours.

Besides that, I personally like the song, and I think the tracklisting works very well on this album, i've been listening it over and over again in my car, just wish I could get my hands on a physical copy.

Rag on one Sonic Youth song and you're making them sound like a bag of shite? You, sir, are overreacting.

pbradley 06.15.2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
sound like a trees outside of the academy outtake. :(

That's what I thought. And I probably would have preferred it if Thurston did the vocals.

tasteinmen 06.15.2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
Rag on one Sonic Youth song and you're making them sound like a bag of shite? You, sir, are overreacting.

well...

pantophobia 06.15.2008 08:42 PM

i really enjoyed the shimmering guitars on the track

and Kim seemly took a lot from Christina Carter's echo type vocals, as she has been glowing Charalambides alot lately, only natural she would be inspired by it

uhler 06.15.2008 09:22 PM

it's okay. maybe i need to be in the right mood to like it, or it needs to be on a muxtape that doesn't have josef k, delta 5 and gang of four, and others, on it.

GrungeMonkey 06.16.2008 07:31 AM

i quite enjoyed it, the guitar sound was really great, lots of echo effects and delay and stuff, id really like them to experiment further in this direction, with more melody and direction...
i quite liked the wierd effects on kims vocals too
all in all, not a bad song, but they definitely need to do better stuff on their next album!

blunderbuss 06.16.2008 02:17 PM

It's a shame about the vocal. It would've made a nice instrumental.

GrungeMonkey 06.16.2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
It's a shame about the vocal. It would've made a nice instrumental.

i disagree, i think it made the song quite psychedelic and wierd...

fugazifan 06.16.2008 04:25 PM

can i get a DL link from someone?

Androol 06.16.2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
can i get a DL link from someone?

its on Imeem

fugazifan 06.17.2008 01:34 PM

got the link
thanks you special someone...
i really like it. i like kims really distant vocals. its a cool track, it doesnt go anywhere but it just kinda keeps on going. and i like her moans, im really happy that its her singing and not thurston

auto-aim 06.17.2008 03:49 PM

Imeem? I'm falling way behind