Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

pokkeherrie 03.27.2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
Should I pay 40 euros to go see Beck?

worth it?


You sould probably save it up for Dinosaur Jr.

king_buzzo 03.27.2008 02:05 PM

Nah, I've got Neil Young on the same date and besides I already saw Dino.

I thought it'd be interesting to go see beck.

pokkeherrie 03.27.2008 02:09 PM

....


:eek:
I'm speechless... anyway, have fun.

king_buzzo 03.27.2008 02:18 PM

...I hate this.

I've gone out of Dino Jr fanboyism last summer; you should visit this site more often.

pokkeherrie 03.27.2008 02:26 PM

OK.

This Is Not Here 03.27.2008 02:32 PM

In the next few monthes -

Be Your Own Pet - (if there is'nt strike action on the railways!)

Portishead

Merzbow

Laurie Anderson

Dinosaur Jr

Public Enemy

My Bloody Valentine (twice!)

Lou Reed

king_buzzo 03.27.2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
My Bloody Valentine (twice!)



prick :p

This Is Not Here 03.27.2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
prick :p



Make that three times with the festival too! :p

drrrtyboots 03.27.2008 02:59 PM

Culture Shock 2008 (Deerhoof, Islands, Gang Gang Dance, High Places, Atlas Sound, Fucked Up, Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Ecstatic Sunshine, Cursive + more tba)

marleypumpkin 03.27.2008 09:10 PM

Sonic Youth

Radiohead

& I'm really wanting to see Explosions In The Sky in Atlanta this April.

Cantankerous 03.27.2008 09:14 PM

mbv
coachellalalalalala

Sonic Youth 37 03.27.2008 11:34 PM

Sonic Youth
Presidents of the United States of America (free, which is always nice)

Oh, and just a quick note, any that is seeing MBV in the upcoming months, I envy you to the fullest degree. It's so far beyond envy, that I'm going to have to create a word and add it to urbandictionary.com.

Everyneurotic 03.28.2008 12:24 AM

UPDATED, recap of what i'm seeing soon, hopefully:

march 29: christian death playing only theater of pain.

april 10: vince neil.

april 13: CRYPTOPSY!!!!!

april 12: coca cola zero festival with smashing pumpkins, the mars travolta, my morning jacket, bright eyes, my chemical romance and zillions of other bands. a friend wants to go and it wouldn't harm to listen to sp's old songs played by that cover band, plus my morning jacket!!! plus, i would be lying if i said i wouldn't want to see some mcr songs live.

april 18: wolf eyes and drumcorps.

april 19: melt-banana and jamie saft with mike pride.

april 23: either cat power (500 pesos, too much for me but i'll keep the option open) or a performance of stockhausen's kontakte.

april 24: aeo (yamatsuka eye and taeji sawai) and optron.

april 25: elliot sharp, ikue mori and zeena parkins performing screen play by christian marclay.

april 26: anthony braxton: diamond curtain wall trio

may 2: maniqui lazer.

may 3: winters in osaka with I/C/O/C and amniosis.

may 11: behemoth (not sure yet)

may 18: mindless self indulgence (why the fuck not? hahaha)

may 24: comeback kid & darkest hour (to see darkest hour)

may 27: ennio morricone (still not sure but would love to go).

oct 12: extreme noise terror (yay!!).

marleypumpkin 03.28.2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
UPDATED, recap of what i'm seeing soon, hopefully:

march 29: christian death playing only theater of pain.

april 10: vince neil.

april 13: CRYPTOPSY!!!!!

april 12: coca cola zero festival with smashing pumpkins, the mars travolta, my morning jacket, bright eyes, my chemical romance and zillions of other bands. a friend wants to go and it wouldn't harm to listen to sp's old songs played by that cover band, plus my morning jacket!!! plus, i would be lying if i said i wouldn't want to see some mcr songs live.

april 18: wolf eyes and drumcorps.

april 19: melt-banana and jamie saft with mike pride.

april 23: either cat power (500 pesos, too much for me but i'll keep the option open) or a performance of stockhausen's kontakte.

april 24: aeo (yamatsuka eye and taeji sawai) and optron.

april 25: elliot sharp, ikue mori and zeena parkins performing screen play by christian marclay.

april 26: anthony braxton: diamond curtain wall trio

may 2: maniqui lazer.

may 3: winters in osaka with I/C/O/C and amniosis.

may 11: behemoth (not sure yet)

may 18: mindless self indulgence (why the fuck not? hahaha)

may 24: comeback kid & darkest hour (to see darkest hour)

may 27: ennio morricone (still not sure but would love to go).

oct 12: extreme noise terror (yay!!).


ENNIO MORRICONE!!! I hear ya', I would love to see him conduct live. Where is he performing? BTW, nice list of shows.

Everyneurotic 03.28.2008 12:35 AM

he's playing mexico city's national auditorium.

yes, i'm really stocked on going, i'm going to the cheapest, farthest, stevie wonder seats but i'm sure as hell going.

_slavo_ 03.28.2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
ENNIO MORRICONE!!! I hear ya', I would love to see him conduct live. Where is he performing? BTW, nice list of shows.


Nice to see you around again, marleypumpkin. You've been gone for quite a while.

sarramkrop 03.28.2008 05:05 AM

Current 93 tickets came through the post yesterday.

marleypumpkin 03.28.2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Nice to see you around again, marleypumpkin. You've been gone for quite a while.


I don't know why I've been gone for so long. I've had the capability to visit, I just got caught up in other areas of the web. It's like a trap sometimes, but I'm thankful we still have the right to, so called, "freely" browse the internet.
Anyway, other than that, I've just been doing the usual, collecting & listening to music (mostly vinyl), & trying to create as well.

BTW, thanks for the welcome back slavo.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.28.2008 11:58 AM

Don Carlos April 2 and april 6
Subhumans April 15
Half Pint April 16
Michael Prophet April 23
Steel Pulse June 3
Israel Vibrations July 2

uhler 03.28.2008 12:01 PM

mudhoney june 12th is the only one planned. maybe after my move i will find other shows.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth