Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I think I am the youngest SY fan .. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=82431)

Pinkunicornnx 10.07.2012 06:21 PM

I think I am the youngest SY fan ..

I'm 14:/
I was 13 when I heard Kool Thing for the first time.. I didn't get them at first but now, they're my fave band...
It sucks to be called a hipster by people at school because your favorite bands are Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, The velvet underground etc..
I don't understand girls my age because most of them like Justin Bieber and One Direction -.-
I tried to get my best friend into SY but she was scared by them -.-
Am I the only one who is in this situation?

EVOLghost 10.07.2012 06:27 PM

You're not alone....no one is...

Pookie 10.07.2012 06:28 PM

Congratulations.
I don't understand girls my age either.

Pinkunicornnx 10.07.2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake
what's wrong with justin bieber and one direction?

They're stupid autotuned boybands

EVOLghost 10.07.2012 06:33 PM

The only way to not be called a hipster by yer friends is hanging out with other hipsters...

Pinkunicornnx 10.07.2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
The only way to not be called a hipster by yer friends is hanging out with other hipsters...

I'm from the nickelcrap/bieber/swag generation... People who have good music taste are REALLY hard to find.

Pookie 10.07.2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkunicornnx
People who have good music taste are REALLY hard to find.

Good luck with finding any here.

Pinkunicornnx 10.07.2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss

That's hot.

Rob Instigator 10.07.2012 07:32 PM

It always does my heart good to see young 'uns digging the Youth

Pinkunicornnx 10.07.2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
It always does my heart good to see young 'uns digging the Youth

I love that band so much! It makes me sad that I will never see them live:/

evollove 10.07.2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

I love that band so much! It makes me sad that I will never see them live:/

Don't worry. By the time you get through all the bootlegs and live videos, they will have reunited to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Eternal.

And don't worry about stupid people at school. Tell them evollove says you're right and they're wrong. They will beat you up, but wouldn't you rather be right and have a broken nose than wrong and in good health?

Pinkunicornnx 10.07.2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Don't worry. By the time you get through all the bootlegs and live videos, they will have reunited to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Eternal.

And don't worry about stupid people at school. Tell them evollove says you're right and they're wrong. They will beat you up, but wouldn't you rather be right and have a broken nose than wrong and in good health?

I hope you're right and they'll reunite one day :)

People at my school are really bitchy but I never saw people fighting to be honest...

_slavo_ 10.08.2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

I was 13 when I heard Kool Thing for the first time.. I didn't get them at first but now, they're my fave band...
It sucks to be called a hipster by people at school because your favorite bands are Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, The velvet underground etc..
I don't understand girls my age because most of them like Justin Bieber and One Direction -.-

that's so fucking cool. you have a whole world of the Sonic Youth world ahead of you to discover. all the SYR's (in case you haven't heard them all yet), all the collaborations and side projects - hell yes, it's a huge world :)

i started with them when i was 19. now i'm 31.

Pinkunicornnx 10.08.2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
that's so fucking cool. you have a whole world of the Sonic Youth world ahead of you to discover. all the SYR's (in case you haven't heard them all yet), all the collaborations and side projects - hell yes, it's a huge world :)

i started with them when i was 19. now i'm 31.

+ Simon Werner a disparu (haven't heard it yet)

Pelle 10.08.2012 02:48 PM

God I hate this "just because someone is NOT mainstream s/he is a hipster",
I feel sorry for ya man, but be a punk and stop giving shit about em..you're the real deal man.

Pinkunicornnx 10.08.2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle
God I hate this "just because someone is NOT mainstream s/he is a hipster",
I feel sorry for ya man, but be a punk and stop giving shit about em..you're the real deal man.

* woman but thanks hehehh:)

SonicBebs 10.08.2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle
but be a punk and stop giving shit about em..you're the real deal man.

defo

and stop listening to advice from people on the internet. especially this board, we're fuck ups

anyway, whats your favourite sy album?

i can never decide between Washing Machine, Murray Street or A Thousand Leaves. Or NYCGAF

actually its NYCGAF.
no Murray Street.
fuck

Pinkunicornnx 10.08.2012 04:48 PM

Ummm.. Goo even though I love Daydream Nation almost as much.

the ikara cult 10.08.2012 08:13 PM

Welcome. Ignore the internet dickheads, post anything you wish.

Mortte Jousimo 10.09.2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

I found Velvet Underground, Captain Beefheart, Joy Division, the Cure and Siouxsie And the Banshees in the age of fourteen. There were two other people in my home village who like them also (they were older than I), but all my schoolmates didnīt understand me at all. Sy came few years later. Itīs very great youīve found them!

Donīt be sad youīve never seen them. I am almost forty and I havenīt also seen them (they were in Finland last time 2003, I really feel sad because I didnīt go to see them).