Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Effects (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8597)

king_buzzo 12.03.2006 08:23 AM

weetos cereal free hologram card

davenotdead 12.03.2006 08:47 AM

going off the top of my head...i will see my gear again at christmas and im bringing it with me this time, i dont care what the airline people say...

boss dd-20
boss dd-3
boss ps-5
eh pulsar
boss rv-5
ibanez phaser (ph-7 i think, it has a purple label)
crybaby wah
korg kaoss pad KP-2
...i think thats it...i currently have no distortion pedal...used to have a ds-1, but sold it to my brother...

king_buzzo 12.03.2006 08:52 AM

i took my wah once on a plane, they though it was a bomb

davenotdead 12.03.2006 09:00 AM

yeah, im not sure how im going to do this yet, but i have to...ill die if i have to go any longer without my effects....buzzo, have you ever shipped any pedals through the mail?

...on a side note, i just cut my hair, so i no longer look a stoner/potential bomb threat...

king_buzzo 12.03.2006 04:16 PM

fuzz faces look like bombs.

why the hell dont they have the arbeiter sign on the pedal? it doesnt look like a face without it

jon boy 12.03.2006 04:17 PM

some people say i have too much delay but i say i have just the right amount.

king_buzzo 12.03.2006 04:24 PM

i want delay. soon after i buy my jazzmaster/mod it and get the epi valve jr amp. then i'll get a delay then

king_buzzo 12.03.2006 04:43 PM

dude this

sounds amazingly well, listen to the sound clips on musicians friend

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.03.2006 05:13 PM

As cheap as they look, the ibanez tone lok pedals are supposed to be really good.

Danny Himself 12.03.2006 05:31 PM

How are you going to 'mod' your jazzmaster, buzzo? They're fine as they come, I think..

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.03.2006 05:49 PM

I'd assume he'd put a mustang bridge on it so that the strings don't pop out.

Glice 12.03.2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Anyway, in recent news, I have stopped using my effects pedals. I haven't even missed them. I dug out my phase shifter (boss) the other day and had some spacey shit going on, but I can't find practical use for effects besides trying my hand at some SYR shit. Bleh? All I really need is a wah/vol now and I'm set. Maybe some fuzz. And one of those leslie emulators. Hmm.

Good for you. I heartily recommend that more people learn to play before they get effects. Guitar sound fetishes should remain the domain of psychedelic bands.

Danny Himself 12.03.2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I'd assume he'd put a mustang bridge on it so that the strings don't pop out.

I never got around to that.

Oh, and thanks, Glice.

heavium 12.03.2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
dude this

sounds amazingly well, listen to the sound clips on musicians friend

one of the guitarplayers from the band i play bass in uses that ibanez fuzz from time to time, i always thought they were crap but they sound good for being such cheap ass pedals, same goes for some dano stuff, i'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to guitar fx, with very few pedals you can actually do quite a lot i think.

guitarpro 12.04.2006 03:35 AM

Cool stuff guys and fuck CHOUT ya got enough effects goin there?

jon boy 12.04.2006 03:58 AM

to be honest i prefer volume to effects.

next step 12.04.2006 04:32 AM

I'm stabilizing on this board.
In order they are: fooger ring mod - ibanez eq - bluebox - electra flanger - ibanez analog delay - DIY tube screamer - turborat - pds1000 - pds1002 digital delay.

davenotdead 12.04.2006 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
some people say i have too much delay but i say i have just the right amount.

there is no such thing as too much delay...One day I hope to own 67 boss dd-20s, and I firmly believe time-travel is a possibilty....

next step- gorgeous.

_slavo_ 12.04.2006 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by next step
I'm stabilizing on this board.
In order they are: fooger ring mod - ibanez eq - bluebox - electra flanger - ibanez analog delay - DIY tube screamer - turborat - pds1000 - pds1002 digital delay.

wow, holy crap, I wish this room was mine.
so, what exactly does the blue box do? seems like many people use it around here.

Glice 12.04.2006 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
there is no such thing as too much delay...One day I hope to own 67 boss dd-20s, and I firmly believe time-travel is a possibilty....

next step- gorgeous.

You, sir, are the Edge. I'll leave your morals to do the appropriate thing, which is kill yourself and that cunt of a singer simultaneously.

DELAY IS WRONG, YOU THINK YOU SOUND LIKE GODSPEED, YOU ACTUALLY SOUND LIKE U2. This is a message to every band ever.