Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   This New Board Sucks! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=166)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.22.2006 10:39 PM

This New Board Sucks!

The other one was much easier to deal with. I actually liked it because it wasn't like all of the other message boards. you could just go on and browse threads organized by updates rather then general topics. this style of board makes you have to decide where you want to browse, and honestly i usually dont care THAT much. the other board offered you topics on the fly, just for showing up. this one sucks.

"such friends (are dangerous)":fuckyou:

Savage Clone 03.22.2006 10:40 PM

Yeah, thanks for all the hard work, chabib!

schizophrenicroom 03.22.2006 10:41 PM

Eh. That was nice, having anarchy, but now threads like YouSendIt sharing are away from stuff like "hehe buttsex". You know?

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 10:43 PM

then why did you signed up here?

good to see you are taking advantage of the emoticons and stuff

that chuck norris photo never fails to crack me up!

chabib 03.22.2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
The other one was much easier to deal with. I actually liked it because it wasn't like all of the other message boards. you could just go on and browse threads organized by updates rather then general topics. this style of board makes you have to decide where you want to browse, and honestly i usually dont care THAT much. the other board offered you topics on the fly, just for showing up. this one sucks.

"such friends (are dangerous)":fuckyou:

click the "new posts" link in the forum nav bar and you can have yr chaos back.

Savage Clone 03.22.2006 10:45 PM

Wow. Diplomacy in the face of thanklessness.
Class act all the way, chabib.

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Wow. Diplomacy in the face of thanklessness.
Class act all the way, chabib.

you snagged my thoughts from my mind, mr clone

HaydenAsche 03.22.2006 10:49 PM

I like the new forum.

!@#$%! 03.22.2006 10:50 PM

hey bro i respect your opinion but i disagree, because of this;

i like that all the drama and bullcrap is shoved into a "non-sonics" box. doesn't clutter the music and sonic youth posts. i mean if someone wants to post 500 messages a day talking out of their ass or posting endless pictures of themselves in front of a mirror it will be confined into this particular box. so we can find the music and the truly interesting threads without difficulty. i think that's great.

dietzer123 03.22.2006 10:50 PM

i think we all just fear change. once we adjust i think we'll all be happier

chabib 03.22.2006 10:56 PM

suchfriends,

bullet-point 2 of the FAQ may answer some other questions you might have.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.23.2006 01:35 AM

thanks chabib, I didn't notice the "new posts" option in the glowing awe that is the new and improved forum. no disraspect sonic folks, no disraspect. as long as InI can still have the "chaos", though I admitt, the trolling was getting out of hand.

GeneticKiss 03.23.2006 01:40 AM

Eh, it's okay...

A little slower getting around than the old board, but overall an improvement.

Thanks, chabib.

shentov 03.23.2006 06:11 AM

when i turn back to the old blue (i actually made my last post there a few days ago) it seems like shit. our beloved board has turned to shit and non-creative chaos these days. so all hail to this new one! i like it, and i'm sure we'll get used with it.

A Thousand Threads 03.23.2006 06:12 AM

yeah
the new board is growing on me

fishmonkey 03.23.2006 06:17 AM

i love the new forum, if you wanna post your music go here if you wanna talk bands go here, if you wanna talk SY go there, i love it.
the one thing about the old board was that there was all these different topics all over the gaff!
T'will take a while to get used to like everything else, but for the most part it is a better forum

Cheers for all the hard work Chabib, we do really appricate it

Hip Priest 03.23.2006 06:19 AM

Leaving the old bopard has been made muc easier by the fact that it has descended into a mess of abuse and recriminations in the last couple of days. to see old enmitie still being played out here is bit sad.

I had a problem here until I found out how to copy n paste. Now I'm happy happy.

twistal 03.23.2006 12:54 PM

I like this board a lot. I should post here more often.

Inhuman 03.23.2006 01:01 PM

After realizing that this was much better than the Myspace boards, I quickly converted and now I only post here! I love it!

Disgruntled Youth 03.23.2006 01:53 PM

I like the old board more it was easier to navigate plus all topic one board kicked ass. But I can live with the new one.