Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mirror/Dash limited edition hand-cut 7" available (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3270)

AA Records 06.21.2006 01:40 PM

Mirror/Dash limited edition hand-cut 7" available

Hi all,
We at AA RECORDS have got a great new release, two live tracks from Mirror/Dash - Live at Max's. Each 7" is hand-cut by Nate Young (Wolf Eyes) and hand-painted by Alivia Zivich with unique spin-art, no two will ever be alike...

Limited Edition and for a limited time only...
$25 each, postage paid in the USA. Paypal to aryan (dot) ahole (at) gmail (dot) com - be sure to include your shipping address!
Samples can be seen here, scroll to the bottom of the page, it's the psychedelic trip-out looking square...
www.wolfeyes.net/aareleases.html

Also now available: the AA Records Compilation LP, all of our first 13 releases together for one amazing LP, featuring Wolf Eyes, Dead Machines, Bloodyminded, Hive Mind, Damion Romero, Burning Star Core, Aaron Dilloway and more...
www.wolfeyes.net/aaindex.html

email to aryan (dot) ahole (at) gmail (dot) com for more info - including international shipping quotes!!!

THANXXX STAY COOL!
AA RECORDS

soniknirve 06.21.2006 02:44 PM

anyone know more about this or plan on getting one?

sonicl 06.21.2006 03:12 PM

All I know is that it looks like I am a completist after all...

Bunbury 06.21.2006 03:31 PM

reminds me of hirst. i want one.

PAULYBEE2656 06.21.2006 03:50 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thank you and ill be in touch!

toxic johnny 06.21.2006 04:58 PM

Damn... I'm really low on cash at the moment.

I hate you.

whorefrost 06.21.2006 05:07 PM

that website is fucking great. guess i'm not a completionist tho i'm afraid...

soniknirve 06.21.2006 05:14 PM

just ordered my copy...

whorefrost 06.21.2006 06:32 PM

25 bucks for a seven inch... quite fancy it in a way but... no... too decadent for someone of my current finances

Everyneurotic 06.21.2006 06:38 PM

i wish i could think "25 dollars for a 7"? (more actually, mexico, remember?) no problem, i want 4"

someone rip the music and share it with me and take pictures of the thing.

it might be me but 25 dollars for a 7-inch sounds like people trying to make a big buck from sonic youth fanboys who would spend any amount of money for anything barely related to them.

the comp sounds nice, how much is it? 300 dollars?

whorefrost 06.21.2006 06:40 PM

don't think you need pictures, son, the artwork's already been posted!

whorefrost 06.21.2006 06:41 PM

and good luck finding someone who's just shelled out 25 bucks to upload it and give it away

Everyneurotic 06.21.2006 07:03 PM

it was just a saying, you idiot.

also, none of those pieces of shit are going to look the same because they are hand made.

schizophrenicroom 06.21.2006 07:15 PM

are there any discounts?

Bunbury 06.21.2006 08:47 PM

rad art, rad jams.
i just bought mine.

AA Records 06.21.2006 10:08 PM

Hi guys, wanted to add that all our lathes are $25, no fanboy markup here. We just wanted all Mirror/Dash fans to have access to this, and the AA Records Compilation LP is presented with the same intention.
Lathe-cut records are truly hand-made. They are not pressed, they are cut, one at a time, in real-time, as the song plays. It takes time and skill, hence the price and limitation of quantity reflect one another. The compilation is a pressed, regular vinyl LP that contains recordings of the lathes - an inexpensive ($12 pp in the US) way for all to experience the lathes of the fine musicians who contributed.
Thanxxx for the props!
AA RECORDS

sonicl 06.22.2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AA Records
We at AA RECORDS have got a great new release, two live tracks from Mirror/Dash - Live at Max's. Each 7" is hand-cut by Nate Young (Wolf Eyes) and hand-painted by Alivia Zivich with unique spin-art, no two will ever be alike...
Limited Edition and for a limited time only...
$25 each, postage paid in the USA. Paypal to aryan (dot) ahole (at) gmail (dot) com - be sure to include your shipping address!

Can you post details of the postage outside the USA please? I'm interested in postage to the UK, but I guess there may be people elsewhere who'd like to know.

And are there any stockists in Europe and the UK that I can get the 7" from?

Thanks.

toxic johnny 06.22.2006 03:09 AM

I'm sure Volcanic Tongue will be stocking it.
They're currently selling 3 AA lathe cut 7"'s by Burning Star Core, Raven Strain and Damion Romero @ £19.99... I believe that includes P+P.

http://www.volcanictongue.co.uk/labe...lab=AA+Records

whorefrost 06.22.2006 03:14 AM

good point, toxic J... i'd consider scoring it if they had it

Tokolosh 06.22.2006 03:17 AM

Sounds interesting but the spin-art... Hmmm. I prefer Damien Hirst's.