Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   new Thurston Moore solo release (presale) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13695)

deathbombarc 06.06.2007 03:20 PM

new Thurston Moore solo release (presale)

hey, some of you may have already seen this as a part of the Deathbomb Arc label announcement in the non-sonic sounds section. if so, pardon for the crosspost.

but in just SY related news:

the Thrash Sabbatical box set, a 4-way split between Thurston Moore / Kevin Shields (the all-female noise act, not the MBV dude) / Barrabarracuda / Men Who Can't Love is now available for presale. This is an intense 12" + double 7" box set with elaborate hand-made art done by the fine folks at Not Not Fun. The vinyl has just been sent to manufacture and presales should be shipping in Aug, slightly before formal release. Also, presale prices are slightly lower than regular price will be.

For more info, purchasing details, etc, please visit: http://deathbombarc.com/releases/dba069.htm

thank you for your time!

hirsute_biped 06.06.2007 06:31 PM

so t-dog contributes one LP side and two seperae 45 sides... whoa dudes

val-holla-ing 06.06.2007 08:26 PM

might have to scoop this one up.

atsonicpark 06.07.2007 04:19 AM

i've always wondered how kevin shields, the band, could exist and no one cares how confusing it is, when kevin shields the person has done solo songs.. you know what i mean? it's like if i called my band lee ranaldo. wouldn't that confuse someone out there a little bit?

nevermind.

WHOREOHSCOPE 06.07.2007 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
i've always wondered how kevin shields, the band, could exist and no one cares how confusing it is, when kevin shields the person has done solo songs.. you know what i mean? it's like if i called my band lee ranaldo. wouldn't that confuse someone out there a little bit?

nevermind.

Yeah.... I would of went on thinking Kevin Shields was doing this thing with Thurston Moore.... not the band, but the real Kevin Shields..... if I hadn't clicked the link.

atsonicpark 06.07.2007 04:47 AM

yeah exactly.

i wonder why no one really cares about this.

and i know someone is going to say someting like "WHAT ABOUT THAT PUNK BAND CALLED ELVIS THEY'RE OVERVIOUSLY NOT ELVIS PRESLEY CUZ THEY RECORDED IN 1992 WHEN HE DIED IN 19WHATEVER AND THEY HAVE A SONG CALLED 'FUCK DA COPZ' AND ELVIS PRESLEY OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T SO YEAH WOH CARES BLAH BLAH BLAH"

so fuck you, whoever says that.

WHOREOHSCOPE 06.07.2007 05:01 AM

JohnEsmoke 06.07.2007 05:29 AM

What About That Punk Band Called Elvis They're Overviously Not Elvis Presley Cuz They Recorded In 1992 When He Died In 19whatever And They Have A Song Called 'fuck Da Copz' And Elvis Presley Obviously Didn't So Yeah Woh Cares Blah Blah Blah

SYRFox 06.07.2007 06:02 AM

They should make a Kevin Shields / Kevin Shields split, would be brilliant :D

Moshe 06.07.2007 06:51 AM

I'm so disappointed the release features Thurston Moore the band not the tall guy from sonic youth. :)

sonicl 06.07.2007 07:04 AM

:rolleyes: Remind me never to go to an Israeli comedy club.

scott v 06.07.2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
yeah exactly.

i wonder why no one really cares about this.

and i know someone is going to say someting like "WHAT ABOUT THAT PUNK BAND CALLED ELVIS THEY'RE OVERVIOUSLY NOT ELVIS PRESLEY CUZ THEY RECORDED IN 1992 WHEN HE DIED IN 19WHATEVER AND THEY HAVE A SONG CALLED 'FUCK DA COPZ' AND ELVIS PRESLEY OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T SO YEAH WOH CARES BLAH BLAH BLAH"

so fuck you, whoever says that.

no fuck you...and stop your whining... so a girl noise band calls themselves kevin shields, big deal... only assholes with not much going for themselves whine about little shit like this in their pathetic little lives...

atsonicpark 06.07.2007 11:57 AM

Since I was never whining about anything, your reply makes no sense, so I'm not going to acknowledge it.

PS: Do you need a tampon?

JohnEsmoke 06.07.2007 06:39 PM

shut up !

val-holla-ing 06.07.2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnEsmoke
shut up !

i don't know why, but this made me laugh really hard.

atsonicpark 06.07.2007 07:19 PM

john e smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooke

john e smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooke

john smoke smoke smoke

chimologic 06.08.2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOREOHSCOPE
Yeah.... I would of went on thinking Kevin Shields was doing this thing with Thurston Moore.... not the band, but the real Kevin Shields..... if I hadn't clicked the link.

Kevin Shields is a person not a band. they just happen to be 2 people named Kevin Shields, one is a guy and one is a girl. ;)

d~rek 06.08.2007 01:36 PM

what about the band courtney love?

Magic Wheel Memory 06.08.2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott v
no fuck you...and stop your whining... so a girl noise band calls themselves kevin shields, big deal... only assholes with not much going for themselves whine about little shit like this in their pathetic little lives...

Maybe a rich guy like you doesn't care if you spend money on something, only to find that it wasn't what you expected, but there are other people in this world.

WHOREOHSCOPE 06.08.2007 10:11 PM