Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

demonrail666 08.14.2018 01:41 PM

A young Divine with his mum

Now that's what I call a hairdo.

h8kurdt 08.14.2018 01:47 PM

God you'd be worried about sneezing and it all collapsing.

!@#$%! 08.14.2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
A young Divine with his mum

Now that's what I call a hairdo.

wow. i see where she got it from

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
God you'd be worried about sneezing and it all collapsing.

was gonna say something else but since you’re gonna be in dc you might want to visit bawlmor. it’s a short commuter train away.

eta: weird/freaky

this is “dawn davenport”...

from nashville

https://mobile.twitter.com/dawndavenporttn?lang=en

bawlmore’s dawn davenport was way more entertaining

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYTkavEt20

h8kurdt 08.14.2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wow. i see where she got it from

was gonna say something else but since you’re gonna be in dc you might want to visit bawlmor. it’s a short commuter train away.

Wait what? I missed something here.

!@#$%! 08.14.2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Wait what? I missed something here.

john waters, divine, the whole dreamland crew including one lady who became a successful casting agent are all from baltimore (“bawlmor”)

that fine city (“the city that reads!” it calls itself) is only a stone’s throw away from dc. well, in american scale anyway. accessible by cheap commuter train from union station.

not that touristy except for some shitty inner harbor, but full of hidden gems—like the visionary art museum.

great markets to eat seafood, both lexington (huge) and cross street (small)

poe’s burial place and last house are there (never went to the house. was ina a neighborhood right out of the wire back then. probably still might be. ask about the “poe homes”)

catch an orioles game, likely much cheaper than the nationals (but equally as boring)

check out their glorious tacky little italy and vaccaro’s pastry shop, where the obese get obeser

if the ottobar is still open and has a good show, that used to be a great little spot

hampden though has gone from working class neighborhood (home to “pecker”) to hot hipster quarters for the gentrifier mob.

see pigtown before it’s all gone.

last: divine plays dawn davenport in female trouble. but there is a dawn davenport news person in nashville. sure it’s a sign! ha ha ha ha

!@#$%! 08.14.2018 06:19 PM

eta:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Baltimore

maybe you get lucky

https://www.theottobar.com/full-list-view/

h8kurdt 08.15.2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
john waters, divine, the whole dreamland crew including one lady who became a successful casting agent are all from baltimore (“bawlmor”)

that fine city (“the city that reads!” it calls itself) is only a stone’s throw away from dc. well, in american scale anyway. accessible by cheap commuter train from union station.

not that touristy except for some shitty inner harbor, but full of hidden gems—like the visionary art museum.

great markets to eat seafood, both lexington (huge) and cross street (small)

poe’s burial place and last house are there (never went to the house. was ina a neighborhood right out of the wire back then. probably still might be. ask about the “poe homes”)

catch an orioles game, likely much cheaper than the nationals (but equally as boring)

check out their glorious tacky little italy and vaccaro’s pastry shop, where the obese get obeser

if the ottobar is still open and has a good show, that used to be a great little spot

hampden though has gone from working class neighborhood (home to “pecker”) to hot hipster quarters for the gentrifier mob.

see pigtown before it’s all gone.

last: divine plays dawn davenport in female trouble. but there is a dawn davenport news person in nashville. sure it’s a sign! ha ha ha ha

Oh! Sorry *belm* I hadn't planned of going to Baltimore but could easily persuaded. I could relive The Wire. A pasty white boy shouting "5-0 COMIN!" "RE-UP NEEDED!"

!@#$%! 08.15.2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Oh! Sorry *belm* I hadn't planned of going to Baltimore but could easily persuaded. I could relive The Wire. A pasty white boy shouting "5-0 COMIN!" "RE-UP NEEDED!"

dc is “nice”but has been so gentrified it makes my soul puke. i’d send you places but all likely unrecognizable now.

also, in summer, dc is hordes and hordes of tourists. ugh! (youre not a tourist though, i can tell that about you lol)

however back in the day there was h.r. 57, a little nonprofit dedicated to jazz preservation. maybe still there? back in the day dc was a jazz town. had a jazz radio. lotsa jazz venues. i’d check to see.

i could spend weeks at the national gallery of art—both west (old) and east (modern) wings. plus the sackler and freer galleries. and the hirshhorn, sculpture gallery included. for a foreign visitor ofc the history museum, the nmai and the african american ones, and the holocaust... if you dare.

the beauty of smithsonian museums is not that theyre the greatest collections and most recent exhibits—it’s that they’re the nation’s attic and free of charge and open to the public (bag check required these days though)

but anywyay, baltimore is “real”and not chockful of lawyers and government employees who produce nothing but paperwork. baltimore has grit, and a working class, and a different atmosphere altogether, like... corner bars! no dc corner bars lolol. and yeah parts are dangerous. but a day/day-and-a-half visit is well worth the train ride +ubers.

maybe there’s nothing there and it’s just nostalgia talking (i spent one of my best summers ever there, so tasty and good). but no, i think bawlmor is something else for sure. catch it before the gentrifiers wreck it like they did new york.

oh also philly on the way? visit dee dennis mack and charlie and of course frank reynolds haaa haaa haa

philly is cool too has their “arts distict”and shit

also, cheesesteaks. mmmm cheesesteaks. and oh, hoagies, mamma mia...

demonrail666 08.15.2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

I could relive The Wire.

Come to East London. You'll save on airfare, experience the same amount of deprivation and maybe even bump into Stringer Bell.

!@#$%! 08.15.2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Come to East London. You'll save on airfare, experience the same amount of deprivation and maybe even bump into Stringer Bell.

looks fancy...

demonrail666 08.15.2018 03:38 PM

Don't believe the hype

!@#$%! 08.15.2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Don't believe the hype

o man that place looks trashed but i like the architecture

no joke

Rob Instigator 08.30.2018 02:10 PM

went to watch this at theater with wife on Tuesday. 10:30 PM screeniong, hoping for what the reviews said was a great and tight action film.

HOLY FUCK were they wrong. The film could have used a 30-45 minute trim, ESPECIALLY any and all scenes involving that wooden fuck that plays SuperMan, Cavill. he was fucking brutal to listen to and watch, and ruined the fucking movie. GRADE A sux fvrom this bastard dipshit.

I really really liked the last two MI films, but this one was not up to the previous efforts. Plus, tom cruise cannot hide his fat 50 year old face enough. he looks at times like a doughy bitch, probably because he had to finish filming after breaking his leg doing a stunt.

!@#$%! 08.30.2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

went to watch this at theater with wife on Tuesday. 10:30 PM screeniong, hoping for what the reviews said was a great and tight action film.

HOLY FUCK were they wrong. The film could have used a 30-45 minute trim, ESPECIALLY any and all scenes involving that wooden fuck that plays SuperMan, Cavill. he was fucking brutal to listen to and watch, and ruined the fucking movie. GRADE A sux fvrom this bastard dipshit.

I really really liked the last two MI films, but this one was not up to the previous efforts. Plus, tom cruise cannot hide his fat 50 year old face enough. he looks at times like a doughy bitch, probably because he had to finish filming after breaking his leg doing a stunt.

dammit man, and i was gonna ask how was your barfday

i hope you at least ate some cangrejo to make up for that fiasco

Rob Instigator 08.30.2018 04:05 PM

Birthday was awesome. took day off, watched that disappointing MI film on tuesday, stayed up til 4 AM, slept on my B day until noon, woke up and had a sushi feast at Sushi Miiyagi here in houston, then went record shopping (had not done so in months) and then to Bun B's listening party at Johnny Dang's jewelry store.

!@#$%! 08.30.2018 04:23 PM

nice! you more than made up for it

happy 45

(no longer 33)

(soon 78)

Severian 08.30.2018 05:19 PM

Deadpool 2 was fun and funny.

tw2113 08.30.2018 06:47 PM

I watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, mostly because Netflix scheduled them for removal more than anything.

Severian 08.30.2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
I watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, mostly because Netflix scheduled them for removal more than anything.

Removal? I just saw TDK pop up again around the 10th anniversary!

Wonder if this has something to do with the DC streaming service that is certain to offer a bunch of steaming shit like Titans (fuck Titans)

Please don’t take Batman Begins and Darin Knight and DKR away from the world and lump it into your shitty online shitiverse, DC. Please

tw2113 08.30.2018 07:18 PM

I just re-added The Dark Knight back to my watch list, and it still says available until Sept 1st 2018

https://cloudup.com/chhJgSn5kVj