Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth in Dublin (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31948)

Moshe 06.10.2009 12:55 AM

Sonic Youth in Dublin

Date: December 6
Venue: Vicar Street http://www.vicarstreet.com/
Tix will go on sale on Friday.

greenlight 06.10.2009 02:40 AM

Moshe, thanks for great news! I'm glad I was wrong about them not to playing this year in Dublin. uhmm, so I guess I'm flying from ATP in Minehead already on Sunday morning to catch them in Dublin. yes!

Moshe you're welcome to come ;-).

Pauly what's the capacity of Vicar St.? haven't been there yet. that's the one near Guinness factory right?

greenlight 06.10.2009 02:46 AM

wow. almost 50 eur. for a tick.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/onth...blin-december/

*edit*
who is supporting I wonder.

_slavo_ 06.10.2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
uhmm, so I guess I'm flying from ATP in Minehead already on Sunday morning to catch them in Dublin.

oh, for real?
that reminds me ... i need to get my airline ticket sorted as soon as possible.

Semperet 06.10.2009 04:25 AM

O boy to the nth degree.
Vicar Street is not a huge venue and it's possible to get a clear view from almost everywhere. It's down the road from the Guinness Storehouse and about a ten minute walk from the city centre. Should be a great place to see the band.

d4denzell 06.10.2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semperet
O boy to the nth degree.
Vicar Street is not a huge venue and it's possible to get a clear view from almost everywhere. It's down the road from the Guinness Storehouse and about a ten minute walk from the city centre. Should be a great place to see the band.

Will there be a presale for this? I coughed a little at the ticket prices, but SY are also my favourite band of all time so I shall reluctantly but excitedly pay the amount requested.

Vicar Street is an amazing venue for intimate gigs, I've seen Frank Black, Weezer, and The Flaming Lips there and it was fantastic.

PAULYBEE2656 06.10.2009 05:06 AM

sorry rich, i got your txt during work, just home.....

as lar says its not a huge venue at all but a near perfect place to spend my 35th birthday!!!!! man too fucking sweet indeed! finally, and i mean finally ill get to see sonic youth in a venue and not a festival.....

man that news has made my day..

so guys you are all invited to paulybees 35th birthday bash at vicar st on the 6th dec...
support by sonic youth!

joy!!!!

Semperet 06.10.2009 07:19 AM

I'm there for cake and jelly at Pauybee's party.
Jayus, I thought you were older. Delivering the post at five in the morning must age a man prematurely.
I haven't seen them since 1994, when they opened for Faith No More and Belly.

greenlight 06.10.2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

so guys you are all invited to paulybees 35th birthday bash at vicar st on the 6th dec...
support by sonic youth!

joy!!!!

i'm up for it!

oh man, can't wait. this should be my 5th. time seeing them this year, but I'm hoping by that time they will play Massage The History, or Diamond Sea live (hahaha, that is bit tooo much I know). but Massage The History with long outro would be sweet.

ticks. are going on sale on Friday. It is up on ticketmaster, but ticks. are still not available.

PAULYBEE2656 06.10.2009 08:06 AM

thanks lar, here was i basking in my youthful looks!!!! cheers for that reality check!!!!

by the way... sy/faith no more in dalymount was 1993...... i know, senelity sets in quick amongst teacher folk :-)

Semperet 06.10.2009 08:18 AM

I recline corrected. And this date-related mistake on the LC History day! I've posted on that gig on Jim Carrol's IT blog--see you've been there, too. It's great making the most of this sunny weather, ain't it?

Alan ciccone 06.10.2009 01:18 PM

Booo Yeahhh!!!!! the guy in tower records told me this today and I didn't believe him.

Alan ciccone 06.10.2009 01:21 PM

It just occurred to me. Vicar street is really small and has fantastic sound. this will be phenomenal!

Kyohan 06.10.2009 02:13 PM

This will be amazing. Unfortunately, I'll be at ATP.
I shouldn't complain, but its kind of annoying to be missing the first proper Irish show in years.

Alan ciccone 06.10.2009 03:04 PM

just wondering. how popular do you reckon this will be. is it worth being online at 9 on Friday morning to get the tickets straight away?
I'm just gonna go to ticketmaster at Nine to be sure.

PAULYBEE2656 06.10.2009 04:32 PM

i doubt it will sell out immediatly but for sure it will sell fairly fast.. im getting mine shortly after you alan, when i finish work...about 10.30 am! man ive never seen sy in an enclosed venue and its on my fucking birthday..... im stoked beyond stokagedness!

i saw battles at vicar st and the sound was spot on, in fact redneck manifestos sound was probably better!

greenlight 06.10.2009 05:00 PM

ok, you're saying small venue, but what would be the number more or less. 2000 tickets for gig in Brussels sold out in couple of hours on the internet. would Vicar St. accommodate more then 2000 people?

Alan ciccone 06.10.2009 05:08 PM

definitely no more than 2000. It's very small

EvdWee 06.10.2009 05:31 PM

wiki

Vicar Street is a mid-sized concert and events venue in Ireland, located on Thomas Street, Dublin 8. Its capacity is estimated at 950 for seated performances, and between 1500 and 1,600 for standing gigs

pokkeherrie 06.10.2009 06:22 PM

I guess this means Sonic Youth will play ATP on Friday and Saturday?

Unless they'll be playing just one show at the Pavillion stage, which would be horrible.