Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   eddie van halen in re-hab again (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11167)

Rob Instigator 03.09.2007 02:20 PM

eddie van halen in re-hab again

eddie van halen is entering rehab again.
stupid fuck
it seems that the only person from van halen that will be at the rock n roll hall of fame ceremony on monday will be Michael Anthony. FOR REAl. and maybe hagar. pathetic. stupid fucking dipshits.
they should all show up, the originals, and fucking rock the stage like the old days. blast forth unchained, or runnin with the devil, or you really got me...

king_buzzo 03.09.2007 02:22 PM

hahah, i wish i had photoshop so i could photoshop that picture.

Rob Instigator 03.09.2007 02:28 PM

here is the full photo

he is like Gollum

look at Diamond Dave's outfit here

that is fucked up.

Rob Instigator 03.09.2007 02:31 PM

I like a lot of old van halen. I like their self titled, women and childre first, Van halen II, Diver Down, and 1984.
I used to mow the lawn to side two of 1984. "I'll wait, til your love comes down....."

CHOUT 03.09.2007 03:00 PM

If you watched him present his new reliced guitar for fender, this would come as no surprise...

tesla69 03.09.2007 03:43 PM

I saw Van Halen in 81 I think one of the greatest concerts ever and I still have autographs I got from the band...they pretty muched sucked hard by the time Diver Down came out...but in their day they were a fucking great rock band...before Iwas old enough I rememebr hearing ads for them opening up for Black Sabbath.

Savage Clone 03.09.2007 04:53 PM

Michael Anthony has been booted in favor of Eddie's son Wolfgang anyway.
I think he should pursue a solo noise career if this is any indication:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ewsHwVOyyE

scott v 03.09.2007 04:59 PM

WOW, that picture is scary... i guess i haven't seen a pic of him since well the early 2000's and He looks like SHIT! I always thought he'd look young for a long time, but i guess not.

truncated 03.09.2007 05:01 PM

Forgive my total ignorance of recent news, but does this mean they won't be touring now? I'm so behind.

Don't worry David, I still love you.

Everyneurotic 03.09.2007 05:03 PM

yeah, van halen is fucked, eddie and the band i mean.

i tend to forget how great they are, i just got a show from like 81 or something and they kill!!! too bad it's an mp3 sourced and atomic punk is all scratched.

i know it's not very popular to admit it but i like some of the van halen songs from the album after 1984, i like dreams and why can't this be love, i think they had them stashed since they couldn't get dave to sing them, they haven't got the grit of the dave shit but they are very well written songs. also stuff like poundcake, that song is cool, even though eddie ripped off sy for the drill, just as he ripped randy rhoads for the two hand tapping shit.

Rob Instigator 03.09.2007 05:10 PM

no tour at all. the tour was hype. not ever really going to happen.

why has noone talked to alex van halen? what the fuck is he doing?

the main reasom I hated van hagar, was not because of his voice, because diamond dave ne ver had a great voice, but because iof hagar's lyrics. they are so bland.

Savage Clone 03.09.2007 05:11 PM

Oh yeah, David Lee Roth is a regular Lord Fucking Byron.

Everyneurotic 03.09.2007 05:13 PM

after the album i was talking about they went adult contemporary, incredibly bland and shitty, they had some songs along the way that were good (poundcake, can't stop loving you, right now [sometimes]); but yeah, it become young yuppie professional rock.

Everyneurotic 03.09.2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone

hahahahahahahahahaha, this reminds me so much of spinal tap "we're very lucky because we have two geniuses in the band, david and nigel, they are poets, like byron and shelley..."

Rob Instigator 03.09.2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone

compared to Sammy hagar he is!

ten times the wit, pathos, joy, or abandon than hagar ever had or could muster.

krastian 03.13.2007 12:55 AM

No go at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame thing.....just Michael and Sammy.
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/40843152

Rob Instigator 03.13.2007 09:29 AM

it was very awkward. VERY awkward.
eddie is in rehab AGAIN. david is who knows where and I was surprised he did not show. Alex is MIA, does anyone know where alex is? sammy looked like a beach bum. michael anthony and his hair plugs looked terrible.
velvet reviolver, (velvet revolver?) inducted them and played a song, then michael and sammy played a song with the house band (daviid lettermans world's most dangerous band)

backstage when asked by the press if they were surprised dave was not there they both said "yeah!" and sammy hinted that the real reason that van halen has been so screwed up is because of eddie,a nd that if they all get their shit together they copuld tour with dave AND sammy and michael (who was not going to be included in the "reunion" plans) and go out and tour. that would be neat

Everyneurotic 03.13.2007 11:20 AM

actually, i believe that the reason van halen is so screwed is because of eddie, you can't find an interview from after 1984 where he doesn't talk shit about dave and when they kicked sammy out in the mid 90's and had gary "more than words" cherone as a replacement, eddie couldn't take a moment off from calling sammy names, and actually said that they chose gary because he didn't have a dominating personality.

hagar always looks like a beach bum.

dazedcola 03.13.2007 12:26 PM

he's a rock and roll clown, HE DOES COCAINE