Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY Gossip Fan Tribute Album (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11867)

Style 05.03.2007 04:43 PM

i went out of town for a couple days, before i went out, i finished up until the end of chorus one. i'll continue working on it tomorrow, i'm about halfway in terms of bars.

Neongod 05.07.2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
Nonono, bump to my reply. Answer me, someone agree to add drums or die.

I have drums for the "normal" part. I may have even laid down the bass...I don't remember...it's been a while. The improv drumming wouldn't be too difficult I don't think. Shit's random, right?

atsonicpark 05.08.2007 02:08 AM

i sent my cover to dude.

i think he danced like penis pony peach to it.

king_buzzo 05.08.2007 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neongod
I have drums for the "normal" part. I may have even laid down the bass...I don't remember...it's been a while. The improv drumming wouldn't be too difficult I don't think. Shit's random, right?

Yeah the end just improv/noise jam. Upload the file and post it here/send it and i'll see what I can do...if you want...

king_buzzo 05.09.2007 02:33 PM

Bump.

Danny Himself 05.09.2007 05:16 PM

Hey folks--

So far I have;

Brother James - SYRFox
Dripping Dream - K-krack
Flower - ThOmas.W
I Love Her All The Time - me and schizophrenicroom
The Diamond Sea - sarramkrop (sorry)
Skip Tracer - atsonicpark

All very good.

to.w 05.09.2007 05:41 PM

Hey Danny, if you don't mind, can you turn "to.w" into ThOmas.W? this would be nice... thanx!

atsonicpark 05.09.2007 05:46 PM

this will be FUCKING NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUTS

sarramkrop 05.09.2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Hey folks--

So far I have;

Brother James - SYRFox
Dripping Dream - K-krack
Flower - t.ow
I Love Her All The Time - me and schizophrenicroom
The Diamond Sea - sarramkomp?
Skip Tracer - atsonicpark

All very good.

sarramkrop.

SynthethicalY 05.09.2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
sarramkrop.

You must...

krastian 05.10.2007 12:14 AM

Hey, if anybody wants me to put down some drums/a beat to one of their tracks then just say so and I should be able to do something.....you would have to prob. do the editing/mixing because I don't think I have the software/knowldege to do that kind of stuff. It would be cool to do a really raw/stripped down version of a song. Anyway, hit me up if you have any dieas.

king_buzzo 05.12.2007 02:14 AM

^ The drums for Mildred Pierce are finished, except for the improv part, if Neongod doesn't do that, can you do it?

Still in need of bass and the 'vocals', someone who's a good screamer needs to do that.

Danny Himself 05.12.2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Still in need of bass and the 'vocals', someone who's a good screamer needs to do that.

I am a ridiculously good screamer, as I'm sure you've heard.

Sadly, my 8-track studio is currently in somebody else's hands, so I can't record anything, sorry. :(

king_buzzo 05.12.2007 09:21 AM

^I've never heard you. Damnit, my mic is kind of fucked up so I'll see if i can find a new one.

krastian 05.12.2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

^ The drums for Mildred Pierce are finished, except for the improv part, if Neongod doesn't do that, can you do it?

Hell yeah, man....I'd love to do something for Mildred Pierce. Right now I don't have the means to get "live drums" to a computer, but I could def. do something with Fruity Loops. Just give me a heads up about exactly what you guys want me to do.

Sonic Youth 37 05.12.2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Hey, if anybody wants me to put down some drums/a beat to one of their tracks then just say so and I should be able to do something.....you would have to prob. do the editing/mixing because I don't think I have the software/knowldege to do that kind of stuff. It would be cool to do a really raw/stripped down version of a song. Anyway, hit me up if you have any dieas.

Hey man. Could you do a drum track for "She Is Not Alone" for me?

krastian 05.13.2007 12:10 AM

Sho thing......again, I can put together some drum crap, but you guys will prob. have to edit it together with yr high-faluttin software and what not. Just send me what you guys are working with in either mp3 or wav format for me to check out!!

king_buzzo 05.13.2007 12:46 AM

Well, Neongod already finished his version it just has to be edited. I dont know, so you play nothing but drums?

Sonic Youth 37 05.13.2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Sho thing......again, I can put together some drum crap, but you guys will prob. have to edit it together with yr high-faluttin software and what not. Just send me what you guys are working with in either mp3 or wav format for me to check out!!

Can do, will do. I'll have it to you sometime this week.

king_buzzo 05.13.2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Well, Neongod already finished his version it just has to be edited. I dont know, so you play nothing but drums?

Oh wait, i didnt see the post above, ignore this.