Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Photography Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=328)

Cantankerous 09.14.2008 02:50 AM

Cantankerous 09.14.2008 02:51 AM

oh look, and i saved the best picture for last (read: i saved the one where i look like a massive twat for last)

embarrassing as fuck.

MellySingsDoom 09.14.2008 04:02 AM

Those pics are bloody great, C - that looks like such a beautiful part of the world - so unspoilt and lovely. I especially like pics no 4 and 8.

Re. your last pic - you won't believe this I'm sure, but in that you look SO much like my half-sister Charlotte when she was 18/19. And she used to have red hair too.

Cantankerous 09.14.2008 04:09 AM

thank you
the air is so clean and it's so untouched and uncorrupted. i love the cities too, dublin is really cool. i want to go back SO bad. i would live there. people said the food was terrible and i strongly disagree, some of the best food i've had in my life was in ireland. i honestly cannot say enough good things about it.

that's weird about me looking like yr sister, i hope she didn't have a stupid camouflage jacket! and god i was so stupid when i was 15. looking at pictures even from two-three years ago makes me realise how much i've bettered myself :p

MellySingsDoom 09.14.2008 04:39 AM

(Have just sent you a PM, btw...)

I love Dublin too. It's a beautiful looking city, the people are really friendly, and it's got a great vibe to it. Did I tell you that my mate Dave lives there? (He lives south of the Liffey). You can't beat being in a proper Dublin boozer on a Saturday night - the booze and chat flowing freely, people staggering around trying to light their ciggies, bar and pub hopping.....ah, I really need to go back myself. Irish food is great! Good, hearty and healthy fare. There's some great cafes in Dublin too, both on the food and coffee front. I want to try and go to Belfast at some point too, that city sounds like a rocking place also.

Um, Charlotte DID have a camouflage jacket! :D. Before these comparisons get too spooky, panic ye not. I think that Charlie was still listening to Marilyn Manson when she was 15 (her music tastes have improved immeasurebly since then :p), and I know that most definitely weren't.

Cantankerous 09.14.2008 04:52 AM

damn i want to go back. i didn't get to see enough of dublin or cork.

belfast is wicked btw.

crazy, i was listening to jack off jill a lot when i was 15 who were heavily associated with manson...like manson's female counterparts

ni'k 09.14.2008 05:04 AM

ireland is so beautiful. i live here and i should know. you people seem to forget tho that EVERYONE IN IT IS A FUCKING CUNT and living here is SHIT.

i can look out my attic window right here right now and see lovely generic hills and suchforth that cataky has pictured but if i were to walk out my house and down the cycle path towards them i would not be able to get there without the encounter of at least one CUNT putting the irish cunt versus irish people are nice thing as such -

drunken irish person in a bar seeing the novelty of some tourists and saying "well what's the craic!" because they want the tourist to by them a drink = that same person being a cunt on for the rest of their existance

Anngella 09.14.2008 11:18 AM

Cantankerous I am so so so jealous that you got to go to Ireland. It's always been top on my list of places I want to go. My favorite is the second picture in your second post. They are all fantastic, though.

demonrail666 09.14.2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
ireland is so beautiful. i live here and i should know. you people seem to forget tho that EVERYONE IN IT IS A FUCKING CUNT and living here is SHIT.

Word! (Belfast at least)

Grete 09.14.2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
From Sarlat and Domme in Dordogne:

lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Incesticide 09.14.2008 01:22 PM

Garden Nef Party - Angoulême :

The Kills :

Brian Jonestown Massacre :

Justice :

More at : www.flickr.com/photos/incesticide/

Incesticide 09.14.2008 01:24 PM

A vintage town near my town :

Incesticide 09.14.2008 01:25 PM

jon boy 09.14.2008 01:37 PM

jon boy 09.14.2008 01:39 PM

jon boy 09.14.2008 01:40 PM

MellySingsDoom 09.14.2008 01:44 PM

jon boy - awesome pics. Whereabouts were they taken?

jon boy 09.14.2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
jon boy - awesome pics. Whereabouts were they taken?

out and about in canada.

Incesticide 09.14.2008 01:46 PM

Lovely pics Cantankerous.

With my Canon AE-1 :

Incesticide 09.14.2008 01:48 PM