Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I found a bunch of Khat last night (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9613)

Isoflurane 01.05.2007 03:10 PM

I found a bunch of Khat last night

I found a bunch of Khat last night when I was going through someone's bags.
I didn't know what it was so I asked him. He told me that it was khat and I could have it.
I told him I wasn't interested in it and I gave it to his friend who brought him in. Then I found out it was a narcotic. Ooops!
I took it and then threw it in the hazardous waste bin.
Boy did I feel stupid.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.05.2007 03:16 PM

Aah. So that's how you keep on getting red rep scores.

atari 2600 01.05.2007 03:18 PM

Ketamine is one I've never tried and never will.

Glice 01.05.2007 03:21 PM

Khat is different to Ket, Mr 2600. Ket is wonderful, Khat is mildly diverting. FYI

atari 2600 01.05.2007 03:27 PM

Have fun with Angel Dust, Jr. then, because that's what Ketamine is.

I've smoked a joint of "Love Boat" before that a friend and I bought in Georgetown off of the street. It was low-grade weed mixed with PCP and I didn't stop bouncing off the walls for thirty-six hours or so...so, fuck that shit.

When I do hard drugs, I'll stick to the time-tested ones from reputable sources known to myself, thank you very much.

greenlight 01.05.2007 03:29 PM

ketamin or kat (from etiopia - leaves that you chewing to keep you awake)?

yeah, clean ketamin (7%), from pharmacy (not one from the streets) = oobe in 30 sec.

atari 2600 01.05.2007 03:29 PM

After reading Glice's link, I think I would try the Khat.

Stimulant-wise, the khat sounds like something between marijuana and cocaine.

Of course some good kind bud is all one needs. There's high-potency buds that bring you up, and there's other ones that bring you down...it just depends on the strain.

Glice 01.05.2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
Have fun with Angel Dust, Jr. then, because that's what Ketamine is.

I've smoked a joint of "Love Boat" before that a friend and I bought in Georgetown off of the street. It was low-grade weed mixed with PCP and I didn't stop bouncing off the walls for thirty-six hours or so...so, fuck that shit.

When I do hard drugs, I'll stick to the time-tested ones from reputable sources known to myself, thank you very much.

With due deference to my elders, PCP is the same family as ket but a different thing, no? PCP is rubbish, never doing that again.

sonikold 01.05.2007 03:31 PM

i live in an area with a lot of muslims, supposedly there are a lot of khat dealers around.

greenlight 01.05.2007 03:36 PM

oh so you're talking about kat. the thing is, it's best when it's fresh (gathered from the tree in the morning).

Savage Clone 01.05.2007 04:20 PM

Useless Fact:
The alternate spelling of this drug, "Qat," is acceptable in Scrabble. You know, in case you want to use your high-points letter Q but have no U to use in conjunction.

Isoflurane 01.05.2007 07:02 PM

khat isn't very safe.
people who use that shit get in a lot of trouble because they end up kicking someone's ass. It's almost always someone they live with too.
There is also some risk of cardiac problems.
Ketamine is something completely different.
I don't know why anyone would want to try that shit.
I've had plenty of experience with that when I did surgery.
It looks like a miserable time.