Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Blind Melon reunion (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11658)

EyeballGrowth 03.25.2007 10:36 PM

Blind Melon reunion

all 4 of them except for the singer are reuniting and touring with a new singer. Thoughts?

My personal thoughts are excitement, because I happen to think they were an amazing rock band, one of the best. They will have a new singer but I do not care because 4 musicians in that band are unbelievable. Only question is will they be doing their new songs from their new album, or old ones?

timtimtim 03.25.2007 11:34 PM

i never got into them much but it's similar to the doors reunion and the alic ein chains reunion which i had different reactions to.
The doors seemed like a desperate atempt to make money and was plagued with lawsuits and now the dude from fuel is singing.
the alice in chains reunion appeared to be moreso as a tribute and for fun. I saw them becaus ea friend had won tickets to a show and it was pretty good.

timtimtim 03.25.2007 11:41 PM

the replacement guy did well and it Jerry cantrell seemed to be the more influencial song writer making it more credible.
Even though I don't think that it's completely shit that they reunited, I still thought it was lame when i heard about it

Cantankerous 03.26.2007 12:17 AM

"it's always a fucking travesty with you!"

pretty much sums it up.

val-holla-ing 03.26.2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
"it's always a fucking travesty with you!"

pretty much sums it up.

yes!

they should've just said "fuck it" and gone bowling.

Cantankerous 03.26.2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
yes!

they should've just said "fuck it" and gone bowling.

what a bunch of carpet pissers.

val-holla-ing 03.26.2007 12:42 AM

fucking nihilists.

Cantankerous 03.26.2007 12:43 AM

this (reunion) is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!

when they fail to sell tickets:

"vhere is the fucking money, promoter?"

val-holla-ing 03.26.2007 12:47 AM

shannon hoon would return from the dead and be like "NOBODY FUCKS WITH DE HOON!"

what is dis shit?!?! what is dis reunion BULL shit!?

Cantankerous 03.26.2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
shannon hoon would return from the dead and be like "NOBODY FUCKS WITH DE HOON!"

what is dis shit?!?! what is dis reunion BULL shit!?

i fucks you in the ass, i fucks you in the ass...

EyeballGrowth 03.26.2007 01:11 AM

Shannon wasn't the only vocalist in Blind Melon either. There were 3

I still can't wait though. I wonder, Tones of home, Soak the sin, Paper Scratcher, Deserted. I'd kill to hear those performed live. I had tickets to see them in 95 but I got my money back cause he died

Cantankerous 03.26.2007 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Shannon wasn't the only vocalist in Blind Melon either. There were 3

I still can't wait though. I wonder, Tones of home, Soak the sin, Paper Scratcher, Deserted. I'd kill to hear those performed live. I had tickets to see them in 95 but I got my money back cause he died

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Cantankerous 03.26.2007 02:56 AM

i wish i was the bee girl but i'm not fat enough.

Toilet & Bowels 03.26.2007 06:00 AM

apparently stiltskin are reuniting too, KILLER! w00t!

tesla69 03.26.2007 11:49 AM

I took a shower this morning.

jon boy 03.26.2007 11:56 AM

flog that horse till it starts to smell.

Rob Instigator 03.26.2007 11:59 AM

I was always oddly moved to know that the singer from Blind melon scored his potent, too-pure drugs at NUMBERS in Houston texas, where they played before driving to New Orleans where he OD'd on the road.

Houston - the shit is pure, so know yr limits!

has anyone ever known of a melon that can see?

pokkeherrie 03.26.2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
all 4 of them except for the singer are reuniting and touring with a new singer. Thoughts?

My personal thoughts are excitement, because I happen to think they were an amazing rock band, one of the best. They will have a new singer but I do not care because 4 musicians in that band are unbelievable. Only question is will they be doing their new songs from their new album, or old ones?

Take That are reuniting, all 5 of them except for Robbie Williams. Thoughts?

My personal thoughts are indifference, because I happen to think that they were a typical boy band, one like the rest. They won't hve a new singer but I do not care because 4 teen idols in that band are disposable. Only question (for the fans I guess) is will the be doing their new songs from their new album, or old ones?