Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

schizophrenicroom 03.23.2006 11:49 PM

Hi artsygrrl!

Towie 03.24.2006 04:31 AM

Name: Tom
Job: student
Likes: music, Dutch literature, my niece and nephew, association football (Royale Union Saint-Gilloise!), cycling
Music: SY, Fugazi, The Smiths, Shellac, Lou Barlow's bands, Belle & Sebastian, some noise, Elliott Smith, Royal Trux, Rudy Trouvé's bands & projects, Johnny Dowd, Daniel Johnson, Espers, Velvet Underground, Yo La Tengo, Stephen Malkmus, Moldy Peaches, Smog, Spinvis, Serge Gainsbourg, My Bloody Valentine, Joy Division, Jim O'Rourke, Sunn0))), Boris, Lemonheads, Jonathan Richman, Dirthy Three, Evil Superstars, Melt-Banana, Cornelius, Morrissey, The Streets, Public Enemy, Tindersticks, Sparklehorse, Teenage Fanclub, The Thermals, Franz Ferdinand, Tricky, Girls against Boys, New Wet Kojak, Nick Drake, Dinosaur Jr., ...
Random information: I wear the string of one of my girlfriend's tampons as a bracelet

truncated 03.24.2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towie
Random information: I wear the string of one of my girlfriend's tampons as a bracelet

Used or unused?

wolliewollie 03.24.2006 03:15 PM

name: ewoud aka wollie aka boske
sex: male
activities: writing about, buying, listening to and making music. I am also writing my thesis on vinylcollectors (people like Thurston). so i'm still a student
jams: way too much
pics:

i'm the drunk santa

not drunk now, just being a dork in Brussels

Towie 03.24.2006 03:15 PM

I've put the tampon in a glass of coca cola to see how it works. So, in a way it's used.
Normally I don't answer that question (used/unused), it has some shock value anyway.

Trasher02 03.24.2006 03:36 PM

ow cool
fellow belgian boardies!

truncated 03.24.2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

I've put the tampon in a glass of coca cola to see how it works. So, in a way it's used.
Normally I don't answer that question (used/unused), it has some shock value anyway.

If I saw you wearing that, and I even remotely suspected it was used, I wouldn't come within a ten mile radius of you.

guitarpro 03.24.2006 05:05 PM

If ya wanna know me read my profile and if there's anything else ya wanna know just ask.

sonicl 03.24.2006 05:10 PM

Name: sonicl

Born: 1967

Home: England

Job: Bean counter

Musical skills: I can sing in tune

Musical tastes: Sonic Youth, Einstuerzende Neubauten, Nick Cave, Gun Club, Cowboy Junkies, Johnny Cash, Swans / Angels of Light, The Orb, Mono, Explosions in the Sky, Pelican, Loop, Loren Mazzacane Connors, High Rise / Mainliner, occasional forays into Girls Aloud and Sugababes.

Humour: Eric Sykes, Bill Bailey, The Goons.

Television: Wildlife documentaries

Movies: Animation - Pixar, Wallace and Gromit. I go to the cinema to relax, not to think.

Interests outside the musical: I'm a pretty good cook, and I've been a Chelsea fan since the mid-70s.

Brush with fame: I shook hands with Johnny Cash after a concert in the early 90's (pre-Rick Rubin).

Drugs: No, thanks.

wolliewollie 03.24.2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Music: SY, Fugazi, The Smiths, Shellac, Lou Barlow's bands, Belle & Sebastian, some noise, Elliott Smith, Royal Trux, Rudy Trouvé's bands & projects, Johnny Dowd, Daniel Johnson, Espers, Velvet Underground, Yo La Tengo, Stephen Malkmus, Moldy Peaches, Smog, Spinvis, Serge Gainsbourg, My Bloody Valentine, Joy Division, Jim O'Rourke, Sunn0))), Boris, Lemonheads, Jonathan Richman, Dirthy Three, Evil Superstars, Melt-Banana, Cornelius, Morrissey, The Streets, Public Enemy, Tindersticks, Sparklehorse, Teenage Fanclub, The Thermals, Franz Ferdinand, Tricky, Girls against Boys, New Wet Kojak, Nick Drake, Dinosaur Jr., ...

lovely bunch of atists. Everybody should check out rudy trouvé's and Mauro Pawlowski's bands an d projects....

defcon4 03.24.2006 09:59 PM

Hi, I'm Paul. Long time lurker, second time poster. Thought this board needed one more indie rock dork
sy, deerhoof, pavement, velvets, mbv, sparklehorse, okkervil river, gybe, all that good shit

RIPfrey05 03.25.2006 03:05 PM

Im buck johnson
assholes...

Signpost 03.25.2006 03:18 PM

interesting signature

schizophrenicroom 03.25.2006 08:56 PM

Hi.

The Black Wizards 03.27.2006 12:00 PM

Thank you, The Black Wizards. Your registration is now complete.

SpankMarvin 03.27.2006 02:32 PM

John, 26, from Windsor, England.

Currently in Phoenix, AZ, on a student exchange. Researching for a PhD in poetic practice.

It's taken me enough time to re-register here. The boards seem better though!

SpankMarvin 03.27.2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Name: Stephen

Born: 7 May 1967

Home: Slough, England

This is where I was raised as a boy. When in the UK, I am always there, drinking with my friends. Do you frequent the fine tavern known as the Moon and Spoon?

Yes, I'm a cheapskate.

RIPfrey05 03.28.2006 09:02 PM

look at me bith!!

khchris(original) 03.29.2006 07:31 AM

N A ME khchris
A GE +21
O CC UP A T IO N Social Manipulator(ie. designer)
I N TER E S T typography/design; dada/russian constructivism/deconstructivism; snowboarding; horse races; guitar/music; beach/water; tv; movies; the world.
CU R REN T MU SIC INT ER EST everything and then some.

sonicl 03.29.2006 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpankMarvin
Originally Posted by sonicl
Name: Stephen
Born: 7 May 1967
Home: Slough, England

This is where I was raised as a boy. When in the UK, I am always there, drinking with my friends. Do you frequent the fine tavern known as the Moon and Spoon?

Yes, I'm a cheapskate.

I avoid Slough town centre like the plague (no offence meant!). When I go drinking locally it's usually around the Beaconsfield area.