Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Experimental Jet Set, Trash And No Star (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13513)

Silver Son 05.30.2007 02:27 AM

Experimental Jet Set, Trash And No Star

1 Attachment(s)
My edition of EXPERIMENTAL JET SET, TRASH AND NO STAR has the insert cards joint together.
And there's no barcode on the back cover.
Im thinking that it's a promo edition.
Is there anyone else who has a copy like this?

- There is nothing mentioned here http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/index.html

SynthethicalY 05.30.2007 02:28 AM

No, but one hella of a good album, it gets bashed frequently, but it is an amazing album.

Bal 05.30.2007 03:32 AM

EJSTANS!

screamingskull 05.30.2007 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Son
My edition of EXPERIMENTAL JET SET, TRASH AND NO STAR has the insert cards joint together.
And there's no barcode on the back cover.
Im thinking that it's a promo edition.
Is there anyone else who has a copy like this?

weird?!?

Trasher02 05.30.2007 10:39 AM

Way to go you lucky bastard!!!
No seriously very nice!

Danny Himself 05.30.2007 12:20 PM

Most promo editions come with a little label on them somewhere.

This is could be a very good copy?

pantophobia 05.30.2007 12:29 PM

i am not sure if it's a promo, usually they have "promo" stamped on the cd itself (common practice from geffen at the time), or a sticker on the front of the artwork sent out in bulk to retail stores, and since silver son didn't say it had it printed on it i don't think it would be

i think it may have been a printing error by one of the european pressing plants, but then again country to country there are differences in the packaging so it's hard to say if the copy you got is standard from one of the euro plants or not

CHOUT 05.30.2007 12:57 PM

The later copies don't have the cards seperate, from what I've seen. Also I think ones that came from cd clubs (columbia house etc.) were like this too.

max 05.30.2007 12:58 PM

I love this album. that's quite a killer copy you got here, man!

GrungeMonkey 05.30.2007 04:41 PM

Yeah this labum is much better than most people say it is. I dig it.

neptuneg 05.30.2007 05:01 PM

this album is great

Danny Himself 05.30.2007 05:08 PM

Two words:

Sweet. Shine.

SynthethicalY 05.30.2007 05:34 PM

It is undeniably on one of the top five cd's they released.

Androgenous Mind

Green Magnesium 05.30.2007 09:11 PM

Starfield Road and Bone are my two favorite from this one.

hellotwentyfifteen 05.30.2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
It is undeniably on one of the top five cd's they released.

Androgenous Mind

i deny this

its like their 5th wort

its good, real good, just not when compared to the other albums

SynthethicalY 05.31.2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellotwentyfifteen
i deny this

its like their 5th wort

its good, real good, just not when compared to the other albums

No see, I think it is one of their best albums, so different than the rest. Just very good, and it deserves to be up there.

Silver Son 05.31.2007 01:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
i am not sure if it's a promo, usually they have "promo" stamped on the cd itself (common practice from geffen at the time), or a sticker on the front of the artwork sent out in bulk to retail stores, and since silver son didn't say it had it printed on it i don't think it would be

i think it may have been a printing error by one of the european pressing plants, but then again country to country there are differences in the packaging so it's hard to say if the copy you got is standard from one of the euro plants or not

There is no promo stamp on it any where, but where the barcode should be it say:
D 193998
Mfd. for BMG Direct Marketing, Inc.
under license
6550 East 30th Street,
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
(I have posted a picture)

Also I don't think that is't a european press it clearly says made in USA on both the cd and the insert, I brought it on eay from at guy in the US some years back.
As far as I know the standard european press also comes with the cards for inserts.

against_the_grain 05.31.2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Son
There is no promo stamp on it any where, but where the barcode should be it say:
D 193998
Mfd. for BMG Direct Marketing, Inc.
under license
6550 East 30th Street,
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
(I have posted a picture)

Also I don't think that is't a european press it clearly says made in USA on both the cd and the insert, I brought it on eay from at guy in the US some years back.
As far as I know the standard european press also comes with the cards for inserts.

OH..then that's from the BMG marketing music club !

the kind of club where you get like 12 free, then have to buy 1 over a year's time or some such deal. I used to do that awhile back. Ends up you pay shipping and handling for each 'free' cd and that's about $3.00 apiece or so....still a good deal.

*oh I see where CHOUT was on this....he knows about music clubs too it seems. :)

Silver Son 05.31.2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by against_the_grain
OH..then that's from the BMG marketing music club !

the kind of club where you get like 12 free, then have to buy 1 over a year's time or some such deal. I used to do that awhile back. Ends up you pay shipping and handling for each 'free' cd and that's about $3.00 apiece or so....still a good deal.

*oh I see where CHOUT was on this....he knows about music clubs too it seems. :)

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

atsonicpark 06.01.2007 03:00 PM

just wanted to say

this record's okay, too many sassy thurston numbers, but it's strange that 1) there are no lee songs and 2) kim's songs are the best ones on here (really strange). anyway, obviously, "bull in the heather" is just an amazing amazing masterpiece of a song.