Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

batreleaser 03.28.2008 10:02 PM

im thinkin about goin to the caribou/fuck buttons show in tucson, its only 10 bucks and both bands i believe are decent

Bertrand 03.29.2008 07:40 AM

Christian Death is still around !?
Only know one album, with a wonderful cover, sex and drugs and Jesus Christ, with Incidiary Lover.

For me, nothin before and after april.

April :
Adrienne Pauly
The Monroes (Dutch band)
Tu Seras Terriblement Gentille (adorable all girl surf in the garage band) + the Priscillas + the Gore Gore Girls
The BellRays (great great great to see live).

gmku 03.29.2008 08:23 AM

I'm hoping the Stones will tour again.

GrungeMonkey 03.29.2008 08:57 AM

my bloody valentine
lightspeed champion
stephen malkmus and the jicks

sarramkrop 03.29.2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
Christian Death is still around !?
Only know one album, with a wonderful cover, sex and drugs and Jesus Christ, with Incidiary Lover.

For me, nothin before and after april.

April :
Adrienne Pauly
The Monroes (Dutch band)
Tu Seras Terriblement Gentille (adorable all girl surf in the garage band) + the Priscillas + the Gore Gore Girls
The BellRays (great great great to see live).

Yes, they still play. I've posted that cover on the ''Best Covers'' thread.

Everyneurotic 03.29.2008 04:11 PM

re: christian death, yes, it's the original lineup minus rozz williams performing the first album. i'm not sure if i'm going now, though.

Cantankerous 03.29.2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'm hoping the Stones will tour again.

you disgust me.


add radiohead to my list as well, forgot about them

Death & the Maiden 03.30.2008 02:57 AM

The Jesus & Mary Chain in a few days.

Everyneurotic 03.30.2008 11:07 PM

i didn't go to christian death, instead i went to see my friend get smashed on coppertone martinis and drunk dialed her mom who was pissed at me because she was smashed.

i could have been seeing rikk agnew shred but noooooooo...

Silent Dan Speaks 03.30.2008 11:09 PM

I'm seeing Common on Thursday.

NWRA 03.31.2008 10:40 AM

The Kills in Leeds in April.

screamingskull 03.31.2008 10:44 AM

The Breeders
Presidents of the USA (although i don't want to go anymore)
Cat Power
MGMT

nicfit 03.31.2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
Presidents of the USA (although i don't want to go anymore)

I want to see them!

Katy 04.01.2008 04:03 AM

I'm taking my little brother to see Gogol Bordello on Wednesday.

Not a "gig" exactly, but on Saturday I'm going to see Sylvie Guillem & Russell Maliphant perform "Push" at the Coliseum. I am looking forward to that one like you wouldn't believe.

Bjork at Hammersmith, Katia & Marille Labeque at Cadogan Hall, the Dalai Lama at the Royal Albert Hall...

Cantankerous 04.01.2008 04:14 AM

25 - 27 Apr - Coachella (but only plan on seeing the following, but don't care because I didn't pay for it)
Roger Waters, Portishead, Kraftwerk, Love and Rockets, Aphex Twin, Spiritualized, M.I.A. & Animal Collective
1 May - The Kills
16 - 18 May - No Fun Fest @ The Knitting Factory
28 Jun - My Bloody Valentine
29 Jun - Radiohead

Norma J 04.01.2008 04:16 AM

I wish I was seeing Ryan Adams. I don;t know if he's palying anywhere soon, I just want to see the guy.

fugazifan 04.01.2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
The Breeders
Presidents of the USA (although i don't want to go anymore)
Cat Power
MGMT

PUSA are classic. i have been listening since i was nine (havent heard them in like three years. but i would so see them for nostalgic reasons

tomorrow im seeing electric masada and the dreamers
woot!

Everyneurotic 04.01.2008 11:48 AM

seriously? presidents of the united states?

man, i don't mind listening to "lump" or "volcano" once every couple of years but actually being pumped to go see them live (not to mention paying to see them live)?

rather listen to candlebox or sponge.

fluxequalsrad 04.01.2008 01:19 PM

secret Yo La Tengo show in Toronto on April 7th @ berkley church (beautiful noise concert series) :)

Stephen Malkmus - Vancouver May 3
Calgary sled island music festival (mogwai, of montreal+more) - june 25-28

Sonic Youth 37 04.01.2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
seriously? presidents of the united states?

man, i don't mind listening to "lump" or "volcano" once every couple of years but actually being pumped to go see them live (not to mention paying to see them live)?

rather listen to candlebox or sponge.


I'd pay to see them, but fortunately, I don't have to.

I didn't realize they were covering so much ground. I mean the US (they're the presidents, of course) and the UK. hmm...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth