Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   more artists confirm atp (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1298)

whorefrost 07.21.2006 03:49 AM

I was hoping for some Dead Machines, sweet...
this is turning into Subcurrent re-visited... Hive Mind slayed me at Subcurrent... complete monolithic decimation

Toilet & Bowels 07.21.2006 06:28 AM

Where Are The Japs?!

ali-valley 07.21.2006 08:02 AM

Really looking forward to ATP Christmas!
Do you think there's any chance Redd Kross will play?
I hope Mike Watt comes along with The Stooges and does his stuff, he's the man

Moshe 08.09.2006 12:05 AM

added:

FURSAXA »
WHITE OUT W/ NELS CLINE

toxic johnny 08.09.2006 01:51 AM

hooray...

wax 08.09.2006 02:54 AM

im well with toilets on this.
i really wanna see fursaxa again, and id love to see white out......but theres getting less and less room for japanese bands.
wheres thurstons email address?

pokkeherrie 08.09.2006 05:40 AM

from what i've gathered thurston's making it an american underground showcase again (like sy also did on their atp day in 2004 with ooioo being the only non-americans). pity about the lack of japs indeed, but with the rest of the lineup being what it is i can't really complain... a bit predictable yes, but still very good.

wax 08.09.2006 11:17 AM

a few are english, no?
i looked up all the people i didnt know, and im sure at least one is english, cant say for sure. oh! nurse with wound. there ya go. but theres another too i think.
and i know that he did invite a japanese band but they turned it down.

sonicl 08.09.2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wax
i know that he did invite a japanese band but they turned it down.

Who?

Iain 08.09.2006 05:37 PM

Yep, a few English. Alexander Tucker, Richard Youngs, Blood Stereo, NWW, Gang of Four and you have Dead C from NZ, MCIAA from Italy and Family Underground are Danish aren't they? Pretty much the rest are American as far as I can tell.

Cantankerous 08.09.2006 07:12 PM

for those of you who've been before, are they going to mind if i bring a fifth of booze in? i'm not paying a ridiculous amount of money for booze.

wax 08.10.2006 02:34 AM

you can bring yer own booze. at least i think so, we always do.
you cant take booze into the pubs and venues though. (unless you put yer gin tonix in a water bottle or stash yer beers up yer coat or something)
the security are really nice as far as security go.

pokkeherrie 08.10.2006 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wax
and i know that he did invite a japanese band but they turned it down.

i'm going to guess that's probably afrirampo, right?

wax 08.10.2006 08:47 AM

no, not afrirampo.
i dont think i should say really. but its not one yd expect.
i wish he would invite afrirampo.

pokkeherrie 08.11.2006 06:35 AM

thanks for replying. i was just thinking it could be them because a) they're usual suspects whenever there's an atp, b) thurston must like them i guess and c) maybe you'd be in the know since you have booked them once yourself and might have some connections...

anyway, if it's a band we wouldn't expect then it gets even more interesting, but i won't ask further.

Toilet & Bowels 08.11.2006 07:35 AM

why can't you say?

although this line up is good, i'm disappointed by the complete lack of surprising choices. maybe that is the downside of having one person pick as opposed to the whole band, it ends up sort of one dimensional. the reason i was hoping for japanese stuff is that those bands don't tour here very often, whereas most of the bands on that line up have toured the UK before.

wax 08.11.2006 07:38 AM

yeah, it was a good guess.
id like to say, but its best i dont.
afrirampo only played once at atp though, right?
as far as i know anyway. i wish they were playing this time.
i did see them last week. they played a "one man show" as it was advertised, which meant two girls. no other bands. they played the best part of two hours and were fucking amazing. back to their old form.
i wasnt as keen on kore ga mayaku da as the other stuff, and i saw them earlier in the year a few times and they wernet as good as they used to be. but the last show was amazing. they played new stuff and old stuff. they just released a new cd in japan. its stuff from when they stayed with the baka pygmies. i am so flat broke that i cant afford it. but its available from tower records japan online.
if the gig was anything to judge it by, id guess its a fucking mighty album.

top 40 squeeze 08.11.2006 07:40 AM

Man, weren't they talking about having an ATP in New York a couple years ago. I wish they'd get around and do that sometime... I would kill to see this line-up.

Cantankerous 08.11.2006 10:18 AM

i'll sell you a ticket for $100

pantophobia 08.17.2006 12:22 AM

since nobody has posted, then nobody has seen

PETER BROZTMAN AND HAN BENNIK