Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

Antagon 01.10.2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
I predict this thread will die.

Fuck, I hope you're right.

!@#$%! 01.10.2021 05:01 PM

rather than simply die i hope it's flushed down by a cosmic toilet

Skuj 01.10.2021 05:13 PM

For years (actually 4) I've been wondering.....what will it take for Trump to go down? For Repukes to abandon him?

Well, very late in this saga, I believe that we now know.

What's that saying about lies, and how they always come back to haunt? Trump told myriads of lies. But, as per a NYT link I recently posted, he told a Great Big Lie about how this election was stolen, and how he really won. That lie came back to bite in a spectacularly terrible way.

tw2113 01.10.2021 05:27 PM

The thread won't die as long as y'all keep posting to it.

Skuj 01.10.2021 05:30 PM

Yeah. I was trying to get the last word. The Epilogue.

Skuj 01.10.2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Or are the UK media just concentrating on him because we've heard of him and he makes good headlines?

The thought of him as US president is pretty scary. Could it happen?

The End.

!@#$%! 01.10.2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

The End.

he's still got the nuclear codes so you guys keep an eye out at norad ok?

Skuj 01.10.2021 06:55 PM

I'm at "work" right now.

_tunic_ 01.10.2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
he's still got the nuclear codes so you guys keep an eye out at norad ok?

It says:
Come back Dec. 1, 2021

So we're good until then

!@#$%! 01.10.2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
It says:
Come back Dec. 1, 2021

So we're good until then

:D :D :D

(if we're still around)

Skuj 01.11.2021 04:07 PM

Sweet Jesus. I really do want this thread to end. Really I do.

But then Trump does this:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...lly-jim-jordan

Jim Fucking Jordan.

The medal of freedom is now a worthless piece of cow-dung, after this last 4 years. Change the name of it to something else after Jan 20th.

Edit: I had no idea that Nunes got this last week. This is just fucking mind bending.

!@#$%! 01.11.2021 05:14 PM

"The president awarded the medal to Jordan at a closed-door ceremony"

closed door? that's shame right there. who knows what went on.

while searching for an appropriate video i found this insTead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Jcx23mF5Q

!@#$%! 01.14.2021 05:25 PM

$100k toilet for princess ivanka's guards

"Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family."

the rest is here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...jared-kushner/

The Soup Nazi 01.14.2021 10:26 PM

_tunic_ 01.15.2021 05:18 AM

Quote:

$100k toilet for princess ivanka's guards

"Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family."

the rest is here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...jared-kushner/

could that be the reason for this?
Trump tells aides not to pay Giuliani's legal fees

"Sorry Rudy, but I can't pay your bills. All money has gone into toilets with golden faucets for the USSS"

!@#$%! 01.15.2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

could that be the reason for this?
Trump tells aides not to pay Giuliani's legal fees

"Sorry Rudy, but I can't pay your bills. All money has gone into toilets with golden faucets for the USSS"

it's the sadim touch: everything the trumps touch turns to shit

Skuj 01.16.2021 02:41 PM

It's reassuring that Apocalypse Fuckface is having important meetings until the end:

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53...-trump-meeting

_tunic_ 01.22.2021 05:06 PM

Trump had installed a red button on the desk at the Oval Office (next to the phone). It's purpose? When he pressed it, a butler would come to bring him a Diet Coke on a silver platter.

Biden has removed it

choc e-Claire 01.22.2021 05:46 PM

say what you will about El Presidente, but you can't deny that you'd also want the power for a Diet Coke button.

!@#$%! 01.23.2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
say what you will about El Presidente, but you can't deny that you'd also want the power for a Diet Coke button.

disgusting swill

but a milk shake button...?

!@#$%! 01.23.2021 09:31 PM

anyway was coming to say in news today the turd went to arizona today and apparently the magas are threatening to splinter from the repukes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...19d_story.html

which would be a great thing

"Multiple people in Trump’s orbit, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations, say Trump has told people that the third-party threat gives him leverage to prevent Republican senators from voting to convict him during the Senate impeachment trial."

on the contrary--just ban him from federal office for life, case closed.

The Soup Nazi 01.23.2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

disgusting swill

Diet Coke is an insult to Coke.

Skuj 01.24.2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

anyway was coming to say in news today the turd went to arizona today and apparently the magas are threatening to splinter from the repukes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...19d_story.html

which would be a great thing

"Multiple people in Trump’s orbit, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations, say Trump has told people that the third-party threat gives him leverage to prevent Republican senators from voting to convict him during the Senate impeachment trial."

on the contrary--just ban him from federal office for life, case closed.

Yes, it will be fascinating to see what the Repukes do now. A lot of soul searching will be done, and The Magas will need to be accommodated somewhere/somehow. I wonder if this means Dem electoral superiority for 4-8 years?

Skuj 01.24.2021 03:57 PM

I suppose after 4 years of this, we can now ask: Is America Great Again?

!@#$%! 01.24.2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

democrats got the executive and the whole congress so it's a start

tw2113 01.24.2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

TBD

The Soup Nazi 01.24.2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
TBD

Are you guys talking about the same thing? After four years of that fucking asshole OF COURSE things are not great, they're not even good, they're completely worse and the country's in the shitter. Now, if you're answering to, "OK, now that we elected Biden...", there's all kinds of potential for improvement, especially with a majority in Congress (razor-thin, but still), and that's not being naive - it's just that the baseline is so unbelievably low.

tw2113 01.24.2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Are you guys talking about the same thing? After four years of that fucking asshole OF COURSE things are not great, they're not even good, they're completely worse and the country's in the shitter. Now, if you're answering to, "OK, now that we elected Biden...", there's all kinds of potential for improvement, especially with a majority in Congress (razor-thin, but still), and that's not being naive - it's just that the baseline is so unbelievably low.

It's well assumed that any upwards movement will be a win, but at the same time, you really never know. I assume some movement up will definitely occur overall.

Skuj 01.24.2021 09:36 PM

Yeah, I kinda knew the answer to that question.

!@#$%! 01.24.2021 10:42 PM

so no reactions to that cherry shake?

ffs people. are you dead inside? :D

tw2113 01.24.2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

so no reactions to that cherry shake?

ffs people. are you dead inside? :D

yes, after the Trump administration, we are thoroughly dead inside. Give us time to resurrect.

tw2113 01.24.2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I kinda knew the answer to that question.

To be fair, it would be far from the first extremely loud minority that I've heard.

!@#$%! 01.24.2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
yes, after the Trump administration, we are thoroughly dead inside. Give us time to resurrect.

increasing voltage to 400...

clear!

im in a very optimistic mood right now. noise aside, the speeding up of the vaccinations is starting to become visible in my area. yes, shit will happen as it often does, but more vaccination is great not just for public health but for the economy.

the impending stimulus is also good, and i agree that not everyone needs it but people need to stay alive till the economy picks up again.

i'm also bullish on future outcomes of the infrastructure plan. we sure need a fucking upgrade from the eisenhower era, and putting people to work should be a much better stimulus than quantitative easing, plus yield economic dividends for generations

and didn't you see fauci free at last? that's gotta be worth something.

there's a difference between skepticism and cynicism. one thing is to not be sure future outcomes; another is to deny the validity of present developments. yes it is better already and by far. pandemic management by science not tantrum? yes please.

_tunic_ 01.25.2021 03:27 AM

Quote:

You should look at it from a wider perspective. Unfortunately the world outside of America has been inspired or infected by Trumpism as well, such as:
- uprise of politicians or political parties in other countries, such as Thierry Baudet in Netherlands. Or Pegida, that started in Germany but is spreading over Europe
- disbelief in press
- disbelief in politics
- disbelief in police

choc e-Claire 01.25.2021 03:56 AM

Quote:

- disbelief in police

yeah, uh...I don't think that can be pinned on Trump