Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jesus Lizard Reunite! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28317)

Bollocks_to_Pop 11.26.2008 12:58 PM

Jesus Lizard Reunite!

Hopefully they'll come to the West Coast. From Pitchfork:

"Some ten years after they called it a day, the glorious noise rock clusterfuck they call the Jesus Lizard will reconvene for a series of shows next year. Yep, all of 'em: the classic lineup of David Yow, Duane Denison, David Wm. Sims, and Mac McNeilly will hit the road on what the band's label Touch and Go calls a "fleeting reunion."

The only date announced thus far is an appearance at the All Tomorrow's Parties' "The Fans Strike Back" fest in Minehead, England the long weekend of May 8-10, though we're told things will come crashing down with a grand finale in the band's hometown of Chicago in November.

Come May, the band's first four albums-- Head, Goat, Liar, and Down-- will be released on CD and vinyl in newly remastered form. Bob Weston is heading up that process, with original engineer Steve Albini sitting in."

pokkeherrie 11.26.2008 01:08 PM

Cool, so that's Sleep and The Jesus Lizard.

Reunions shouldn't be the no.1 reason to attend a festival, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on how the lineup of this one develops.

stu666 11.26.2008 01:18 PM

yes, this is good news.

Derek 11.26.2008 01:24 PM

I hope I get to see them live.

narlus 11.26.2008 01:30 PM

brooklynvegan's blurb mentions the ATP UK and Chicago as the only shows. i hope they include ATP NY

atsonicpark 11.26.2008 05:36 PM

what

Toilet & Bowels 11.26.2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Reunions shouldn't be the no.1 reason to attend a festival

i'm sold

gmku 11.26.2008 08:19 PM

Aren't they a little old to be Jesus Lizard?

punkaspoo 11.27.2008 04:14 AM

ffffuck yeah

ZEROpumpkins 11.27.2008 04:19 AM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Awesome!!

Pookie 11.27.2008 04:54 AM

I saw them at the end of their original existance and they completely underwhelmed.

Maybe they'll be invigorated after their break.

Toilet & Bowels 11.27.2008 05:29 AM

from what i understand things were never the same after the original drummer left, but he's back now

demonrail666 11.27.2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
I saw them at the end of their original existance and they completely underwhelmed.

I have to agree. A big disappointment.

MellySingsDoom 11.27.2008 06:08 AM

Oh no, not another re-union. Argh!

ZEROpumpkins 11.27.2008 06:31 AM

Re-issues nao

atsonicpark 11.27.2008 11:55 AM

big terror alert i shitted in your white louis vuitton bag my piss stains to cover up the dashboard i wipe my ass on your arm rest i didnt mean to change the air condition temperature your wife cleaned up my defecation in a bag of your mans jag tough stains nigga you need detergent ask your girl for rags fuck stain remover go ahead clean behind your back seat with a pooper scooper fly bitches pick up my shit on the windows its all brown stuff i stick up with my shit before i hit the car wash and flip whats that on the straw careful motherfucker you see you got shit on your lips you fuckin with a guy walkin around with shorts on with army and a tshirt yeah bustin out three clips you pay for the steak motherfucker you actin like you puttin up lipstick on a bitch grab your check leave the table for the food i ate already leave the waitress with some god damn tips

demonrail666 11.27.2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
big terror alert i shitted in your white louis vuitton bag my piss stains to cover up the dashboard i wipe my ass on your arm rest i didnt mean to change the air condition temperature your wife cleaned up my defecation in a bag of your mans jag tough stains nigga you need detergent ask your girl for rags fuck stain remover go ahead clean behind your back seat with a pooper scooper fly bitches pick up my shit on the windows its all brown stuff i stick up with my shit before i hit the car wash and flip whats that on the straw careful motherfucker you see you got shit on your lips you fuckin with a guy walkin around with shorts on with army and a tshirt yeah bustin out three clips you pay for the steak motherfucker you actin like you puttin up lipstick on a bitch grab your check leave the table for the food i ate already leave the waitress with some god damn tips

You'll regret this in the morning. I always do.

atsonicpark 11.27.2008 12:39 PM

Hah.

It's the tofurkey flavored wine talking.

batreleaser 11.27.2008 03:50 PM

Sleep is rew-uniting? Even though Om just split in half? This isn't really that exciting because I really only like the first two Jesus Lizard albums, they got worse as they went on.

Trasher02 11.29.2008 09:53 AM

Fuckin' A I hope I get the chance to see them.