Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   holy fucking crap (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=686)

chabib 04.07.2006 12:46 PM

holy fucking crap

do we really have nearly 16,000 posts to this board in just over a week?

damn. the monkeys and the typewriters--that thing they say--it's probably true.

johnnywinternoshow 04.07.2006 12:51 PM

i was spooked to realise i have 100+ posts on the board already, it took around 2 years on the old one to reach 400

Hip Priest 04.07.2006 12:55 PM

I think a lot was the element of a new and empty board to fill, but then you come here and everyone's so nice that you feel at home. That's a good thing, isn't it? There's a sense of friendliness and community here that other boards (all other boards) absolutely do not have.

Pretty much everyone has been posting here more than they did on the old board.

Umm...it's not sad, it's a testament to the loyalty of SY fans, and to the spirit of the board.

Trasher02 04.07.2006 12:56 PM

it took me 1 year to get 550 posts now i already have 142!

Hip Priest 04.07.2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
You mean that saying- "Give a million monkeys, a million typewriters, and a thousand years, and they'll give you Shakespeare?!''

Who the hell you calling a monkey?!

Ooh, be careful, Kegmama - I found out last night about the chimp awareness thing.

Soundtrax 04.07.2006 12:58 PM

new board is much more addictive then the old one :)

Hip Priest 04.07.2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax

Thre fact that so many people were interested gave everyone more to reply to aswell, didn't it? Sometimes on the old board, especially during English morning hours, it could be 40-45 minutes with no posts by anyone.

This place is great.

Inhuman 04.07.2006 01:01 PM

That's pretty sweet, I hit 100 on the second day that the new board opened. On the last one, it took me a year to hit 140 and now in 2 weeks I have nearly 400

Inhuman 04.07.2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Thre fact that so many people were interested gave everyone more to reply to aswell, didn't it? Sometimes on the old board, especially during English morning hours, it could be 40-45 minutes with no posts by anyone.

This place is great.

Definately, I remember how slow paced the old one was in comparison to this one. It's great, I'll switch a song, do 5 minutes of work, check myspace, and then by that time the board is full of new posts

DoubleNickels 04.07.2006 01:37 PM

I'm slacking behind... what gives?

chabib 04.07.2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest

This place is great.

for sure. i'm not complaining. i'm just waiting for shakespeare.

Signpost 04.07.2006 01:43 PM

Posting here is so much fun.

Grete 04.07.2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax

The old one didn't work with me , 'cause I couldn't login,....but with the new one....things are changed!!ahahahahahahah:D ;) :p

Glice 04.07.2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
for sure. i'm not complaining. i'm just waiting for shakespeare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by William 'Bill' Shakespeare
You can fuck off, I'm busy. Haven't I given you enough? Fucking ungrateful bastards.

That's what my latest seance says, just so you know.

chabib 04.07.2006 02:15 PM

all he ever gave me was the clap.

Glice 04.07.2006 02:21 PM

Your mum and Shakespeare aren't so different as I assumed.

Incidentally, is there any way you can change the thing underneath my name so it says 'Has an enormous penis' rather than the somewhat dull 'bad moon rising'?

Alex's Trip 04.07.2006 02:22 PM

I'm still the same paced as before...well, probably...

chabib 04.07.2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Your mum and Shakespeare aren't so different as I assumed.

Incidentally, is there any way you can change the thing underneath my name so it says 'Has an enormous penis' rather than the somewhat dull 'bad moon rising'?

i tried, but the computer refused to lie.

truncated 04.07.2006 04:22 PM

Before I got my diapers, I couldn't sit at the computer long enough to post very frequently. This acquisition has coincided with the advent of the new board, and I can post my little heart out without worrying about uncomfortable leakage.

noumenal 04.07.2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
Before I got my diapers, I couldn't sit at the computer long enough to post very frequently. This acquisition has coincided with the advent of the new board, and I can post my little heart out without worrying about uncomfortable leakage.

You should sell your used diapers on Ebay. Seriously, you could make a lot of money.