Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's the most irritating song in the world right now? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7083)

sonicl 10.18.2006 08:45 AM

What's the most irritating song in the world right now?

Every time I switch on a radio, Razorlight's "America" is playing. I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it. Hate it. It's the most annoying pointless vapid piece of trash and it's being played all over the place and all the time. Why? Tell me, please? Why do people insist on playing this ridiculous piece of S H I T E ?????

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!

fishmonkey 10.18.2006 08:51 AM

the most annoying song on the radio right now is anything by Gnarls Barkley..

that fuckin band/man whatever the fuck he/they are should rot in the pangs of hades.

Hip Priest 10.18.2006 08:52 AM

Easy listening has always been popular.

I dislike that song about something or other coming over the hill. Don't know who it's by though. I've heard it being played a few times lately.

fishmonkey 10.18.2006 08:57 AM

snow patrol.. chasing cars...

"show me a garden thats bursting into light" -- - - - --- like i mean, what the fuck is that!

Glice 10.18.2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Every time I switch on a radio, Razorlight's "America" is playing. I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it. Hate it. It's the most annoying pointless vapid piece of trash and it's being played all over the place and all the time. Why? Tell me, please? Why do people insist on playing this ridiculous piece of S H I T E ?????

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!

In the last month or so I've seen two other music-ish forums with a pretty much identical thread, with the same song mentioned. Which probably means something. I haven't heard it yet. Lucky me.

Savage Clone 10.18.2006 10:38 AM

I got rid of my car, and that was the only place I ever listened to the radio.
I am most insulated now.

jon boy 10.18.2006 10:51 AM

it used to be black eyed peas but they are silent while fergie tries to go it alone until they suck in the big money with a 'come back'.

i guess green day or foo fighters are annoying the shit out of me recently. i would say paris hilton but thats not worth the energy.

Confucious is sex 10.18.2006 10:53 AM

'America' is possibly the most ridiculous excuse for a song I have heard in recent years. Thank heavens for My Chemical Romance knocking it off the top spot. It DOES have one redeeming feature though; had it not been for Razorlight then The Hoff may have been number one, which, while hilarious, would have been very irritating after a while.

screamingskull 10.18.2006 11:20 AM

i agree with fish monkey about snow patrol, they are always on the fucking tv and radio over here and they just suck!!!!!!!

the thing i hate the most is emo shit on the radio all the time. i only ever listen to the radio in the darkroom at college and its ALWAYS shitty emo bands with those wining american accents. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KT-019 10.18.2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!

I agree.

Danny Himself 10.18.2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KT-019
I agree.

Me too.

Any of these tosser english bands, for that matter.

screamingskull 10.18.2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Me too.

Any of these tosser english bands, for that matter.

agreed times three, i hate this new brit pop type shit thats happening all over again!. GO AWAY!

static-harmony 10.18.2006 11:53 AM

The Pussycat Dolls.

Inhuman 10.18.2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey
snow patrol.. chasing cars...

"show me a garden thats bursting into light" -- - - - --- like i mean, what the fuck is that!

I never heard them, but I heard they were shit. I'll have to go with 'I hate everything about you - Three Days Grace'.

Rob Instigator 10.18.2006 12:50 PM

I have not heard any of these songs, thank goodness.

STOP LISTENING TO THE RADIO!

Savage Clone 10.18.2006 12:53 PM

With the blessed exceptions of WFMU, KFJC, KDVS and WMBR, the radio is the Siberia of music. Without the giant diamond mine.

ALIEN ANAL 10.18.2006 01:02 PM

that gangster tune that um funny guy with long curly hair did a parody of
its very annoying

noisemachine 10.18.2006 01:05 PM

the new jet song.

Inhuman 10.18.2006 01:56 PM

I hate jet. And yeah, the radio sucks. I listen to college stations, and that's about it. I hate the way TV and the Radio promotes, so I don't usually go near them

gmku 10.18.2006 02:48 PM

The song George Bush does in accompaniment to his dance whenever he talks about "terr'sts" and "the war on terr'r".